You are now a raid boss

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thrillho, Jun 10, 2013.

1. fransisco Augur

I think it would be interesting seeing the raid lure and trick the player. They could have a sacrificial cleric lure the player someplace. Don't forget, it is 54 people working to trick/out think one player.

Also, I imagine you wouldn't be getting new abilities, and you can't create an impossible to storm layer
  2. Ishtass Augur

Undoubtedly they would wipe the first attempt.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

Throw speculation about the results out the window and gather 54+1 toons and head over to an Arena.
    Set everyone up accordingly and go to town. It's not like what you're proposing can't be shown in a Proof of Concept right now.
  4. Iila Augur

/ all 70 75 = 39 players. Going to 80 adds another 26. Given that a lot of guilds have trouble getting 54 real people for normal raids, and that most of those 65 people are in the GL, I don't think my "Come attack a level 100!" arena event is going to get very good turn out. :(
  5. Retrievil Elder

They would have to be all 85 for casters to have even have a small chance of landing spells on a level 100 character. Melee wouldn't fare much better. This is assuming you, as the boss are coded as a mob. If it was just a level 100 player against 54 level 85 players, they wouldn't be able to touch you.
  6. Kelefane Augur

I bet the devs are reading this thread and getting some raid ideas for next expansion. Be kind of cool if a raid pulled information from the current raid and randomly cloned one of the random characters from that raid as its raid boss, then auto- tunes the character upward accordingly to present a challenge.

Like for example, one raid you'd be fighting a Shadowknight with juiced up stats and abilities. The next raid, it might be a Druid, Monk or Wizard etc and so on. But the raid boss would have the actual name of the character that it cloned.

OR....clone all 54 raiders and have at it in a huge 54 vs 54 brawl for it all type of raid!

Kind of a neat idea =P
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  7. Amor Augur

Doesn't really answer the original question but there would be to many different factors to list them all. A raid full of determined raiders would always have the advantage unless you as the boss can kill faster than the raid can rez. If you can't, the raid will win everytime. Just basic Zerg but if you can't kill faster than they can rez you lose. If you go off on what ifs than of course everything changes.

Amorcen
  8. Falos Augur

It would take a 54 man raid of level 90's to take on a level 100 zerker imo.

Rip disc, burn, furious rampage...run around targeting random people while giggling like **** and wiping their entire raid in seconds. NP NP

EDIT:

I also wanna add raid DPS is largely dependant on everything going right.. IE a mob being positioned correctly, debuffs landing, etc.

a level 65-80 raid isn't gonna be landing debuffs on a level 100 character, and no level of raiders will ever be able to position a real human player.

so the ideal DPS that raid guilds were pumping out in each era will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower against a human player. Let's say your guild was doing 450k dps in underfoot (very doable for that era against a mob) realistically if you are fighting a human player that human player is gonna sprint the hell away from you when everyone on the raid hits all their burn discs. Burn discs will go to waste so all you have to rely on is the raids sustained dps... At best you'd be doing 100k dps against that player with a full raid of level 85's.. and honestly i think even that is a stretch.
  9. Sebbina Augur

A 100 raid geared is going to be serious AC/HP, versus level 70 OOW best gear, expect your cleric to die first, then your druids and shaman, there would be no rezzes after that, bar any necro that is alive with an EE. A 100 raid character has serious unbuffed regen and can kill 10k OOW characters faster then they can possibly recover. I would expect that it would require TSS at least and probably SOF, to stand a chance. Of course some classes are not quite as capable as others.
  10. Enizen Elder

11. Abazzagorath Augur

Not even close. I hit regularly for 3x more damage than PoP raiders had in hitpoints. Only think that would slow me down on a raid of them would be them running away.
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Hmmm there are raid forces on the TLP's that are level 70 atm, also a few progression style guilds on the test server. If a Gm were to get envolved and offer some type of reward for participating I think this could become a reality.

I think a level 70 raid could kill a group geared level 100 of almost any class, excluding enc, cleric, sk.. a raid geared level 100 I think would take a raid of 80's...
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

I'd love to see it tried, would be absolutely hilarious :D
    Sinestra likes this.
  14. Jyve Augur

I'd love to see this. But yeah, a PoP raid today? Our damage output at 100 is just silly even unbuffed, let alone if we went in buffed (even self buffs). Some of us have aoe clickies that'd kill 45% ish of a PoP raid in one go. It'd be the dispellers that'd be annoying. You'd win, but having everything stripped would slow you down. You'd need to be spamming your insta clicky as fast as possible to keep it up and take out the chanters/bards.
    Leave the casters till last, their damage output wouldn't be noticeable.

And aye, the first attempt would be a wipe SOO quickly. I think even the best raiders at the time would only delay the inevitable.
    Mage's biggest issue would be working through the targetting list to get the pets on them. Swarm pets would add to the chaos 'OFF TANK! OFF TANK, NO, KITE!' and I don't know if there's a PoP era CH chain long enough to handle a RS wailing away on a tank.
    SK's would be hilarious first attempt, second attempt 'ok, send in 1 tank at a time, this mob seems to heal more the more people attacking, and keep anyone with mana at the bac..wait! why are our clerics flying through the air towards it?'
    Warrior 'he can't keep that disc running forever can he? oh, not discing? What's with that shield?'
    Bsty 'ignore the pet! concentrate on the main mob!'
    Bard 'send him tells! distract him!'
    Rogue 'ok, we've got it to 90%, wait for the disc.... ok, recover, rez, rebuff, we try again later'
    Zerker 'range only! no, wait, melee only! casters! get them to nuke! it's getting to 20%, wait for it... ok, rez up, recover, did we camp a necro out in time? what do you mean the mob went for anything laid down'
    Monk "I thought I had my speakers off, why do I hear music and 'pew pew pew pew'?"
    Chanter "how long has the raid been stunned? Ok, here's my telephone number, call me if he gets bored and decides to let us go"

lvl 65's really wouldn't be noticed "Oh, was that a raid?". Though don't know when it'd start getting doable. And then you've also got the player learning the strats of the raid throwing themselves at them. The 'kill the clerics' would get you doing well for a long time before having to burn discs/start using your own tricks. I suspect it'd go from 'snooze fest' to 'ok, can't win now' very quickly. Probably when spells started to land and toons can't be insta gibbed.
  15. Kelefane Augur

I think any level 100 raid geared class of today would wipe a full raid of 54 level 65 raiders from the PoP era fairly fast. I'd personally be one rounding any tank of that era, lmao. Bring on Fires of Heaven! haha

Visage/Epic = bye bye raid!

I could see the raid trying to range DPS a modern day level 100 SK. One tank at a time. Some kind of tank rotation because they'd be dying so fast. This would turn into some kind of weaponshield/void tank fest pretty fast. The raid would wise up and realize that the more people that attacked the SK, the faster the SK healed himself. Also, the high self damage shield that SKs can get would wipe their melee out really fast too. They'd also be trying to hide all of the priests behind walls and corners because the SK keeps randomly flinging them through the air toward him one rounding them.

They'd be crying saying how the raid is too OP and needs to be tuned down!!
  16. fransisco Augur

I think a pop guild would have troubles with a lvl 100 melee (casters would be helpless from push) - but even slightly higher raid would be a threat.
    SKs wouldnt get visage, epic click, mortail coil or any of that. You can count on it all being dispelled immediately.
    Healers would all be disguised so the lvl 100 couldn't tell the players apart.
    Riposte disc's would be worthless, cause no one would attack you from the front while its running (just like enrage).
    Plus, positioning the lvl 100 wouldn't be impossible to position due to unresistable stuns. A few paladins could keep the lvl 100 locked down a significant part of the time

Though rangers, rogues, and berzerkers would by far be the toughest, as they can execute anyone under level 89 with a single hit.
  17. Enizen Elder

I have enough self buffs/clicks to make it pretty much a PITA for you to dispell all of them (at level 65-70). And to dispell the MC/Epic/etc requires you know which one to dispell in the first place.

Sure you can disguise the healers, to a point, but not completely. Even then with a 2h I can 1 round (all the time btw) than a PoP level tank had in hps. My Instant DoTs will be horrid on a PoP-GoD level char, w/o crits, if they do crit 1 round the char is likely dead. Considering I have a Corruption based one, and chars of that era don' have corruption resist they are pretty much toast.

Aren't the stuns level capped? Making positioning alot easier.

Either way, if the devs could make an event like this sometime, maybe with a few levels (Velious, PoP, GoD, OOW, TSS, SoD) it would be alot of fun.
  18. ---Xislaben--- Augur

Kunark. Can't cast when being pushed around.
  19. Potawatomi Augur

This would be pretty fun as a mage. Between 3 rs pets, regular pet and just my DS's this would be tough for level 65's. I would be willing to not cast DDs the entire raid.
  20. fransisco Augur

Good dispells remove 4 buffs at a time. You wouldn't make 5 seconds with a buff left.
    All buffs/procs come with an emote. Before inspect buffs, people watched for those emotes. Its safe to assume any buff would be removed within 5 seconds of landing.