You are now a raid boss

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thrillho, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Thrillho Augur

It's simple - how high in expansions would a full raid force (54 people) need to progress in order to kill you?

These players will have been fully geared up in terms of that current expansion. All of the best weapons, gear, spells, abilites, AAs, discs. You have all of your current weapons, gear, spells, abilities, AAs, and discs. You would be in control of your character. You can attack any player you want in whichever order you want. You can run around, but so can they. They will be the best of the best in terms of tactics (if you pop a riposte disc, they stop attacking. If you use a melee AE, they range. Etc.).

Just like any other raid force, this raid force has the ability to rez. You must wipe them out or get them to flee. They must kill you. Their makeup is like a typical raid force - not overpowering in any class, not under represented in any other class (except bard. Seriously, why are there never any bards?)

Could you survive 54 Kunark-era raiders? Velious? PoP? HoT? RoF?
    Elricvonclief, Ishtass and Elenwyyi like this.
  2. Xirtket Augur

hmm.. I think it would get rough surviving 54 raiders from around the GoD/OoW era..
  3. Sinestra Augur

This would be a great idea for future expansions. The ability to turn yourself into a raid boss.
  4. Cakvala Augur

Would be funny if the raid coding would randomly pick a active playing character in the entire world, and place them as the raid boss. (Someone has to be casting / attacking something!).

:p
  5. gcubed Augur

The clerics get raided three times during their epic ornament quest.

In one of the events there is one raider that really needs to die horribly (the one named "You"). :p
  6. Oranges Augur

54 PoP players could take out a lvl 100

it's hard to kill a few light blue mobs that keep healing themselves, a whole raid of them would suck
  7. Hatsee Augur

Not a boss.

I'd be a burynai brutale, pre-nerf.
    shiftie, Beimeith and Mykaylla like this.
  8. Sinestra Augur

True, but unlike other raids, if a player was in control they could easily target healers and ignore tanks.
  9. Velora Journeyman

With current resists in mind, I don't think that a level 65 would do much, if any, damage with spells on a level 100 character. Their melee's, the raid, ability to hit a 100 knight wouldn't be great, and the damage would be drastically mitigated. If a 100 Shadow Knight went into burn, and clicked their epic, I am fairly certain they would wipe out that raid force. If a SK can swarm HoT zones, I am fairly certain they would beat 54 PoP raiders, with resists and mitigation in mind.
  10. Bighitz Augur

They would need to be 80, 75 they cant hit you even once pvp in this games levels means so much for avoidance. And a level 100 berserker can run around and 1 round 6 raiders at a time at level 75.. most likely also at 80, but then DPS would be too much for him to handle.

Sks however with HT / LT can make the challenge alot easier if you got 4 Sks in raid and they time HT / LT at the same time and they are 75 till will kill the level 100..
  11. fransisco Augur

a lvl 100 melee would lay waste to a raid, but a caster wouldn't even stand a chance against a pop raid. All that push would make spell casting impossible
  12. Velora Journeyman

What level is the raid? If 65, I think a mage might be able to win. The water or air pet would probably kill fast enough to keep the mage alive, while the mage uses some AA to preserve themselves (and HoT potions if that's allowed = P ).
  13. Elenwyyi Augur

This thread ftw.

My damage shields would seriously be murder for folks with less than a few thousand hit points. They'd definitely have to watch for emotes. :D
  14. Illusionist_Innania Augur

Not to mention the mage DS is stronger than most mobs hit back in the day LOL

An Enchanter would do well. Not taking damage due to runes would prevent push, and if the rune does break the PBAE stun would keep the melee classes locked long enough to re-cast it. Not to mention a single cast of our Tears line would wipe out a PoP-era caster, so healers, knights, and other casters would be cake to take out. Shiny Bob would be stronger than most PC's of that era, but at the same time if he died we could start charming players.
  15. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Can we design our own lair? On a flat plane (simple room) a caster would get interrupted by shield bashes all the time. In that situation, a Monk would probably do best with mend and no spells to cast.

Whereas if I could be on a ledge with a small, slow-moving tile as the only means across a chasm, a caster might do well if they weren't stunned by spells from the oncoming raid.

P.S. PoP era raids were 72 players.
  16. Oranges Augur

they would just dispell all your buffs at engage, or each time you pop the DS they would stop attacking
  17. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Ya, figure losing all your buffs immediately. From PoP, they're also gonna use Illusion: Ogre on all the melees so you can't see around them in first-person, and all the casters will have the same NPC illusion so it's almost impossible for you to tell who's who.
    Thrillho likes this.
  18. Illusionist_Innania Augur

You have to remember that PoP-era players wouldn't have access to things like audio triggers, inspect buffs, or spell awareness. They wouldn't know a DS was being cast until people started dying.
  19. Sinestra Augur

Not to mention it wouldn't be hard to zero in on healers with particle effects and emotes.
  20. Illusionist_Innania Augur

Enchanter dispel + reflect to stop them from doing that stuff too. You also have to think that PC models have very small hit-boxes, so if a raid is trying to cluster around you in Ogre form, very few melees will be in combat range.