You are Hungry/Thirsty message

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hingabe, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hingabe Augur

In EverQuest, it used to be, that if you didn't eat/drink there were negative effects on your ability to regenerate naturally. I'm pretty sure that this isn't the case anymore. So can we please get rid of the annoying message that tells us we are hungry/thirsty? or can you possibly make it matter again? stat food is cool, sure.. but if the lack of food/drink don't negatively effect you anymore, can we please get rid of that food/drink warning?
  2. Falos Augur

I actually find these messages valuable, If it weren't for these messages, and also getting similar messages indicating i was hungry / thirsty in real life I would most likely die at my keyboard.

I live in China btw.
    Voodoman likes this.
  3. silku Augur

I find they go away if you buy food.. some of it is even free to purchase in certain zones.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You still get the negative effects if you don't eat or drink, but the detrimental effect is so low as to not really be noticeable unless you are looking for it.

That said, I wouldn't mind a filter to make them go away if I wanted to ignore them. I'd love for food and drink to be made a lot more viable than they currently are, but that is unlikely to happen any time soon so we might as well be able to ignore it if we want to.
  5. Shillingworth Augur

The effects are still very real. I don't notice those messages often, but I really notice when damage input seems higher than usual or my mana is draining much faster. The overly safe group configurations and more than adequate time to go into OoC would definitely hide these, but if you in a group that's chain pulling or even in a raid it becomes noticeable.
  6. Gamanern Journeyman

I have found a cure for your hungrythirsty problem.

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Silias McKendrick Augur

They could easily make the negative effects scale with lvl.
    I wouldnt mind seeing a food/water slot so i know what
    food/water is being used w/o worry of consuming the good stuff.
  8. Gladare Augur

Highest slot in inventory
    1 2
    3 4
    5 6
    7 8
    9 10
  9. Sebbina Augur

Having the "good stuff" it is intended that it get used, however, by having a stack of misty thicket picnics, or Mum's cinnamon bread, and one of Marshmallow hot cocoa, you can click on the low cost items every half hour or top of the hour as you remember and reset the timer for next food/drink consumption.
    There is no intended way to consume the cheap stuff automatically while gaining the benefits of the high value food and drink, as in use this stuff here and show the stats of the fancy goods.
  10. Aeroen New Member

Actually, there is a way to do this. I put my stat gear in the highest inventory slot to get the desired effect. and then have a stack of merchant food further down the list.(I find it is best to have at least three stacks of food/water). Then I create two hotkeys from the merchant food inventory slots.

Once you macro these slots to your movement keys, you will consume the non stat food all day, and still get the rewards from the good stuff. Of course, this only works if you are at your keyboard, if you are going to AFK in the guild lobby you need to be sure to move the stat food down the list.
  11. Gladare Augur

I like the simplicity of the food system the way it is. Minimal effort. I don't play this game for a tamagotchi.
  12. Shang Augur

For default.. =p