You almost got it right this time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tweadle, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Tweadle New Member

Make a server with zero boxes,zero krono farmers and actual GM support. I mean we are , after all , paying to play on these TLP servers. Some sort of support seems justified...right? Are we just shouting at the dark here...is anyone there ? It doesn't seem like it.

I'll be back for the next TLP, because I'm a glutton for punishment . But I don't think I'll be as patient next time. Support the people who support your company. GL everyone.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

Even if I agreed with you, I wouldn't agree with you simply because you come across like an entitled pompous brat.
    Ethereal and code-zero like this.
  3. Rhodz Augur

He is just asking for what we of certain outlooks all would like to see.
    He paid for his right to complain
    Risiko likes this.
  4. Kahna Augur

Sounds like p99 would be an awesome choice for you, because DBG has zero financial motivation to have a no box, no krono server. The GM support? I get that some people are jerks, but I frankly prefer that to the overuse of petitions that exists on p99. The same jerks that are jerky now will be happy to use the petition system to their advantage to still be jerks. You play an MMO, jerks are a things, cause you know, people play the game.
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

Definition of tact

1 :a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense
    Although one would assume it falls into common sense, people usually still have to include stating "Constructive Criticism" if they are looking to improve something. In the real world, a snarky attitude is usually ignored or reciprocated.
  6. nantalbus Elder

lets see how easy it is to show the OP what he is asking for will never happen.

1st. the no box thing. only way to do that is limit everyone to one account per ip address. Not going happen. To do this means family and friends living in the same house can't group with each other or even been on the same server at the same time.

2nd. the krono. Even if you made it so you can't buy a krono on this so call server OP wants. people can farm the pp on the server give it to someone in that server and get the krono on another server and use it to pay for the account. So even banning krono form the sever won't stop the farmers.

3rd. the gm support. I take it OP is talking bout back in the day when you could do a /who all gm and see 4 or 5 on the sever at any giving time. This might be possible but it cost more then 15 a month. With a cut back in staff. there is just not enough gm to do this anymore.
  7. Rhodz Augur

I do not see any snark in his comments.
    Seems the entitlement may not be his... he did after all pay for his ticket so exactly what are you referring to or is this just the standard response to anything that dares call into question the krono kingdoms?
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Yeah one only has to look back to see that the krono market will not be touched.
    1. Yes it could this was explored on the long tread on boxing a while back. The major means of limiting is have a population that wont put up with it but there are very simple changes that would impede the crap out of boxing. Remember Trueboxing was never going to happen either.

2. right aint happening not because it could not but because it will not.

3. Well not allowing prices to rise with inflation was a real bone headed thing to do. Eventually everyone is paying practically nothing with 2-3% inflation. Price per month should be $22 to give the same revenue as $15 did in 1999. So a 32% reduction in revenue is significant when it comes to services.
  9. MaxTheLion Augur

Definition of snarky

1 :crotchety, snappish
    2 :sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner
    The entire first 'paragraph' stinks of it. Random unnecessary ellipses and an overall special snowflake tone. He/she paid for the purpose of playing on the server and not for a specially tailored experience to appease his/her every whim. You've been on these forums long enough to have seen the countless threads of people requesting small tweaks to what they think is best for the community. The truth is all they're requesting is what is best for them. In the end, the person made the correct choice to take a break if they're no longer enjoying the game. It doesn't change the fact that this was another pointless "Look at me!" post on par with the "I'm really enjoying my first 3 days of Agnarr" that were made a few times.
  10. nantalbus Elder

there a difference between trueboxing and not alowing any boxing at all via software at their end. The biggest difference is how dose Daybreak stop one form boxing even trueboxing without making it so family's and people living in the same house or on the same internet can still group on this server.

Trueboxing is done by having the server not let more then one copy of eq being run on one system access on the server. a person can still box but has to use more then one system. But this way dose not block family's and those in the same house on a shared internet from grouping on the same server.

To 100% stop boxing they have to limit the server to 1 copy of eq per IP. This would prevent boxing on the server but also not let family's and shared internet users from play togeather on the server.

Could they do this? Yes. Do I see them doing it? No.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

When you say We you assume you are speaking for everyone who plays on these servers which is a stretch. Yes some people hate boxers while others enjoy boxing. Some people hate kronos while others like to use their RL success to obtain things in game or use their in game success to support their EQ addiction. A GM for all servers (yes other servers do pay to play this game too and have not had a GM on for countless years) would be nice but its a pipe dream unless they raise prices to reflect the salary they pay to said GM's or get such a massive influx of players that it actually works out in the budget. I guess we will see you on here in a year or two after the next server launches complaining about how you cant believe they didn't listen to You because after all this is only your experience.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Just exactly how much do you think you are paying to play on these TLP servers?

If you payed 150+ a month, and every other player on your server did as well, you just might have invested enough to make these requests.

Lay out for us what you think it would cost for the requisite GM staff, and how many single account players (and $15/month subscriptions) you think might be achieved on Agnarr.
  13. Machentoo Augur

NO ONE can speak for everyone who plays on these servers. Anyone who even remotely thinks he is giving voice to all the players is a wrong.
    Reht likes this.
  14. Tweadle New Member

Wow , I did not expect this many people to respond to an "I quit" thread . I was just voicing some frustrations guys, no need to attribute all sorts of motivations or characteristics to me , sight unseen. I'm just done for now.
    My intent was not to be snarky or sarcastic. I just loved this game so much when i was younger, so much. And I guess that nostalgia creates this unrealistic expectation , which is never realized. So I guess the fault is as much with me as it is with DBG.

Anyways, I loved the community on this server, rarely had a bad group,lots of cool people.You guys are awesome ! Keep having fun. I'm sure I'll be back eventually =)
  15. Drakkal Elder

I think a lot of us would really like to see everything you are asking for in your post.....but I don't think it really fits DBG's current business model.

Zero Boxing - I don't see this as something that can be a mechanical/software measure to prevent people from doing it. This is something that would/should need to be addressed by your third request "GM support". Maybe in conjunction with IP monitoring, at least give the GM a means to narrows down who needs to be watched.

Zero Krono Farmers - I think this and your third request could be solved by offering a new server with some type of "Premium service server". Charge something like to $24.99 a month and that would cover the loss of additional Krono's not being purchases and the cost of supporting a GM stafff. I would imagine DBG is making just as much of more from money spent on potions/novelty items at this stage in the game (on agnarr). Even if you couldn't make Krono (Krono 2.0 anyone?) completely disappear addressing request one, would go a long way to making a somewhat healthier community by reducing the ability/efficiency of farming Krono. Again its not the Krono that causing people to act the way they do, its a lack of rules or enforcement of said rules.

GM Support - What can be said here, other then if you ever want to reduce the amount of asshattery that is going on and bring back (and hold onto) old players, you need a GM presence in game. I cannot imagine GM support staff are paid that much, more like a IT Help Desk position then anything else. So an increase in subscription cost for a premium service server, should be enough to cover it easily.
  16. Numiko Augur

Even if Krono was not usable on the server you would still have krono farmers...

you want this Cloak of Flames? log into a live server and hand my character there a Krono or two and its your's!
  17. Drakkal Elder

I think your 100% correct, you really can't completely prevent the use of Krono, but what you can do is reduce the ease of farming on this server. No boxing, enforced rules on KSing, charm gating, training, general douchy things people do to steal named mobs, would go a long way to reducing the effects on the server.

Lets not be delusional here and think we can somehow create an EQ utopia where RMTs doesn't happen, but what can be done is placing it back where it should be and was, back when SoE enforced the rules it had in place. Rules and laws, never remove a problem, they just keep it from getting out of control.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, but that ship has sailed. Complain all you want, you are never going to see DBG move back to an enforced PNP. It costs too much.
  19. Rhodz Augur

Well you say that but exactly how much do you think it costs?
    Seriously how much, lets crunch a few numbers shall we?
    I think we can safely say there were at least 2000 paying customers at AG launch, and that may only be a portion of what it was in reality given what we saw. That is at a minimum $30000 a month just in subs either through kr or cash (makes no difference to DBG remember) ON ONE SERVER. If course the revenue does not end there so easily add at least another $5k for server connected DBG store purchases, at least. So how much would say 100 hours a month of GM services going to cost? Well at say $15 hour just as a bench mark $1500. Out of a minimum revenue of $35,000 a month it is too expensive to invest $1500 to keep the knowledge a GM is out there and will take action in place?
    Minimal yes, effective also as far it would go so lets stop pretending its the cost of GMs.

Its not too expensive, just a choice made in the "don't-give-a-crap" method of game management.
    Just an observation...
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

The forum regulars see this thread every week. Is it any wonder they aren't welcoming to the latest "new member" to start it?
    Ethereal likes this.