You all probably see this a lot now. Old wanting to return!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HouseSilverflame, Nov 22, 2013.

1. HouseSilverflame New Member

Well it seems that the EVERCRACK itch has struck again...

Now with the free to play and such, I am worried when I log in to see if the game has the same feel as it did before (Im sure it will.) that I will nto see my toons on Sayrin.. Now its not that I don't want to pay i just want to see the game first...

So with that said anyone know if my characters will be on my server? or have they been deleted? its been since just after buried sea since log in...
    Thallyia likes this.
  2. Treesong Elder

Hi, the Saryrn server has been merged with others and is now called Bertoxxulous, so that is where you will find your characters. I am pretty sure they will all be there, they may have done a level 10 and lower wipe since you left but not sure. Anything higher then level 10 will very likely be there. I also think that Free to Play players will be able to play any character that they already have, even though FTP players have a restricted amount of character slots. Since you payed in the past for your account, your account will be flagged as Silver.

So just download the game and start playing your old characters!

Have fun. :)
  3. HouseSilverflame New Member

OMG YAY!!! tyvm!! and i only had my bazaar merchant under ten. TYVM!
  4. savrin Augur

EQ never deletes characters that are higher level, you do have to find the server yours was merged with.
    Just wanted to point out the game is not free by any means. Free to play does not mean you get to level to max with raid gear for free. For much of the game you must go gold or buy new expansions to use them. Or the very least spend SC to unlock things.
  5. Geroblue Augur

Contact customer support, they might be able to bring back your bazaar merchant.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Leerah Augur

Esp. if you had a wurmslayer, earthshaker, etc. If you were just selling spells and roots, I wouldn't worry about it.
  7. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

This is just false.

You can go to level 95 in raid gear without paying a cent. The amount of content you'd have to pay for is minuscule compared to the vastness of 18 free expansions.

I'm not saying buying the expansion or going gold is a bad idea, I'm just saying that free-to-play in EQ is extremely generous.
    feiddan likes this.
  8. Bigbear Augur

how is savrin's statement false... you can't go to max level without paying money...and raid gear for RoF for free is limited to T1.. most worthy augs are not allowed for free either... FtP is nice if you really don't want to pay but there is still alot of content that is required to pay for... i even think that you can only get 250 AAs for free... which isn't many if you're 95..
  9. Langya Augur

Come on back. Don't read to deep into what you read on the boards either. Bunch of "Get off my lawn! *shakes fist* types around here.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Azareale New Member

Yup, your toons and gear should still be there. Only problem is that you have to jump through a lot of hoops with SOE customer service to get the old account reactivated. And since you're a vet, well, I trust you know how that usually works out for your blood pressure.

On the plus side, vets do get some benefits in terms of rewards once you've reactivated. Something about loyalist points you can covert for plat and items. Perhaps some of the other guys here can provide more info on this. I just restarted for the fun of killing Fippy :p
  11. HouseSilverflame New Member

thanks for all the help guys im back up and rolling out,

the content available is actually ratehr large and the amount of aa's you can get with out paying is 1000 not all that much, But if you where an actual EQ player and nmow a raid engenereaed person there is more to do then you can shake a stick at..

If you are ever in need drop me a line on Sayrin Gaie or there are a bunch of alts
  12. Fiyer New Member

Divinity of Death is a newer guild on Saryrn/Bertoxx if anyone is looking for a fun, friendly, and helpful guild, look us up :)
  13. Crystilla Augur

You technically never have to pay for anything other than the most recent expansion (which is a 2 expansion set) if you can earn the plat in game to buy Krono's.
  14. SaderakhBertox Augur

Nov 2013... I hope he figured it out by now /chuckle (Necro rezzed to promote a new guild hehe)
  15. HouseSilverflame New Member

16. HouseSilverflame New Member

Saderakh You know I figured it out. I was in your guild !