Ykesha zones question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Domniatric, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Domniatric Augur

With LoY coming out on Agnarr I am curious, will Chardok B and Veksar be in the game?
  2. jeskola pheerie

No. The following zones or revamps will unlock with LDON:

Paw
    Hole
    Droga
    Nurga
    HatePlaneB
    Solusek C
    Chardok B
    Veksar
    Domniatric and snailish like this.
  3. snailish Augur

I'd really like to see PoP + LoY + LDoN = one expac era from now on.

-same cap increase
    -PoP is the top-tier gear standard for nearly every item and is the top raid content
    -PoP lacks low content and before AoC was a family guild killer (and will be again on any non AoC ruleset --some of which they could justify offering on a future server easily)
    -LoY is realistically all low content and quality of life stuff
    -LoY raids/events exist, but have never been a heavy-farm/heavy interest thing (a shame, but without loot improvements I don't see this changing).
    -LDoN is mission content, and mission content should never be a standalone expansion on progression
    -LDoN would be more useful if leveling 60-65 was a part of the purpose of it, rather than happening after most of the server has done those 5 levels.
    -The other zones that unlock/revamp with LDoN would get better use in this scenario

This would not make people quit progression. Unlike GoD + OoW, this combo doesn't make one of the expacs useless or something people would skip (probably makes LoY & LDoN more useful actually).
    Holken likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

It works as drawn out on agnarr. But if the game wasnt pop locked then yeah they should cut those unlocks in half at least. Even with 12 weeks of quarm done a raid force is already pretty well geared. 36 weeks? Youll probably be gearing new recruits at the end just to replace the people who quit of boredom.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Its LDoN locked.. not sure why they keep calling it pop locked because it.. well not. (like the thread title here.. most everything I see from them about Agnarr is lying and saying its pop locked.. I guess they don't realize that both LoY and LDoN come AFTER pop and one of which is now open there and the other is planned.. so ya.. Agnarr is LDON locked. )
  6. snailish Augur

Interesting point.

Did they call it PoP locked because PoP was a divisive peak time in the game that many enjoyed, many hated, and few per server outside of 1-2 guilds were able to do fully? PoP was the death of many family guilds and marks the spot where a lot of players fell behind to either quit or be behind for a long time, but it also has a mythic "you want to beat Time!" draw to it for many.

Most players skipped most of LoY originally, and on every progression since.

LDoN was better-used originally when people hoped the drops would be very worthwhile (some are, could have been more), the mission-style was fresh vs. tedious (or abused and farmed out as fast as possible), and the XP was fast and needed to level. On progression as a separate unlock LDoN isn't a packed leveling hub like it was back in the day. Maybe it could be (up the ZEM radically?).

As said earlier in the thread, Loy & LDoN are practically non-content to most of the progression playerbase when released separate from PoP. It's even possible that they prolong getting to GoD too much and contribute to attrition, only Daybreak has those numbers though.

So basically is it called PoP locked because that is the most identifiable point of the "sell" of the server?

Or is is called PoP-locked because the dev team already does look at them all as one expac, but hasn't hard-committed to that publicly because they've been stringing them as separate unlocks in different ways on different servers?
  7. Nolrog Augur

8. Nolrog Augur

Without question, it's the former. PoP locked server has much more appeal and recognition than LDoN locked server.
    snailish likes this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Do i want to raid ldons or quarm? Do i remember playing loy even?

Having lot just dropped its clear the end game is still all about pop.
  10. jeskola pheerie

11. CaptainSkeet Augur

Though the items are somewhat lackluster and the raids are pretty tedious, LDoN does add some variety. The augs are quite nice, and you will need to get them for augging PoTime weapons. The raid augs are pretty nice, and do add a nice character boost once fully augged (though it’s not make or break, it’s just nice to be able to add focus effects to gear you want or ac/hp/mana augs).
  12. EQIQ New Member

I see people in Solusek C on Agnarr right now so that isn't LDoN locked like the person up above posted.
  13. Machentoo Augur

No, don't be ridiculous. Not with ldon coming 2-3 months later. LDON is currently the easiest expansion in the entire lineup due to it being the first significant raid expansion without motm. And the LDON weapon augs blow away anything you can get from loy.
  14. CaptainSkeet Augur

I’m confused, what was ridiculous about what I said?

All my comments were about LDoN, not LoY.
  15. snailish Augur

My read on it, (not being my comments you are responding too) is that the view presented is that:

-LDoN is super-trivial as raid content to beat without having to have any LDoN (or even LoY) gear
    -LDoN raids offer some upgrades (specifically augs)... but see above

So on a locked server like Agnarr, you do LDoN for completism? How many raid guilds will be interested remains to be seen. LDoN opening with PoP lets guilds use LDoN to level 60-65 and gear up for PoP raiding...

Historically few guilds did a ton of LDoN raiding. On progression LDoN gets bypassed even more as content because of short timeframes and lack of leveling population (and LDoN anecdotally feels like it gives less XP, plus it isn't "fresh" and the style of missions is outdated --people that stick around on progression are more interested in God & OoW).
  16. CaptainSkeet Augur

LDoN is done for the augs as far as raiding goes, though I guess some people will use the group mission augs as fillers either for stats or the resists. The points earned will also be used to buy stuff, mostly weapon augments probably. And the adventure stone as well, since you can aug your PoP charm with it.

The gear is barely elemental level gear, and will likely be mostly alt/box loot. Maybe a few exceptions. LDoN will be done probably as a one night a week type thing for most guilds, assuming they are already farming Time. If they are still working on breaking into time and the elementals, there’s less reason to give up a raid night for LDoN gear unless everything is on lockout.

And like I said, it’s some variety and does have a use for completionism and whatnot.

The raids are tedious due to the large amounts of trash, compared to say PoFire. The raid mechanics are more intricate too. I’m sure they can be completed by guilds still working into elementals, since they were tuned to 36 players (originally at least). Will a guild want to do that over farming PoP stuff? Doubtful.
    snailish likes this.
  17. Kolani Augur

LDoN raiding was broken in era so the strats aren't well defined, and several of the raids feature those pesky mechanics that traditionally aren't popular on TLP. That said, Guk does have the pet proc aug and Everfrost has the 30 AC type 5 that's relevant in current content again.
    snailish likes this.
  18. Domniatric Augur

I went around trying them all. HatePlaneB and SolusekC are open on Agnarr now. The rest on this list are not. I assume we will see them @LDON.