Yikes, I have a problem. Did anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KermittheFroglok, Oct 20, 2020.

1. KermittheFroglok Augur

Over the past week I bought 3 Friends & Family editions of ToV, Hear me out, hear me out.

About a week ago I originally thought I'd just buy one Friends & Family and two Premium and needed to pull the trigger since the ToV sale & sales of ToV ends tonight (10/20/20).

But in my mind the Friends & Family seemed like a steal because you can get a couple Krono for the each of the item tradables, and you can recycle the expansion tickets. So $75 for ~6 krono, why not keep going. ($75 is about the discounted price difference between F&F vs. Premium).

I'm a casual so I rely on Krono to help me balance real life time versus game grind time (to add, on principle I don't use Krono on TLP, just Live). So the prospect of paying ~$225 for ~18 Krono of tradable items instead of just buying 13 with the $225 was just too tempting. To better contextualize this, trading the mounts & gnome bundle for 6 Krono total yields about $12.50 a Krono while the $425 package of 25 Krono works out to $17 a Krono... $5.50 savings on the Krono versus just a meager $1 for the bulk option. Again, it seemed so economical for someone that exchanges Krono more often.

Did anyone else find themselves buying more Friends & Family editions than they originally thought, from similar Krono/trade logic? I admit it was a scenario I jokingly played around with earlier, but I feel odd having gone this far since I was one of the forum personalities that was a little critical or disappointed by this year's expansion bundles & pricing.

I'm not complaining, I'm just looking at this and find myself surprised. (Maybe at myself for buying three copies of that highest tier, and maybe a little at how much other players will trade for mounts & illusions.)
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Jennifer Chan likes this.
  3. RyeToast New Member

It doesn't make sense to announce this. Depending on your server this may be a terrible idea.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Lol, no.

Go check out Pantheon Rise of the Fallen, they could use someone like you, lol.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Lisard Silly

Keep going, i bet you cant. No balls! you only got like an hour left before it goes away
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Time for an intervention. I would suggest these steps.
    1. Admit that we are powerless over pixels—our lives have become unmanageable.
    2. Believe that a Power greater than ourselves might restore us to sanity. After realizing this power isn't in our refrigerator, it will be time to humbly beg for the power of the Forum.
    3. Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Brell as the devs. have allowed us to understand him and his mighty, and omnipotent, will.
    4. Make a searching and fearless, but ultimately useless, moral inventory of ourselves. After doing this it will be time to spam General chat about it for hours.
    5. Admit to Brell, to ourselves, and to another pixelated creature the exact nature of our wrongs. After doing this we will realize that we have been put on ignore by literally everyone on the server. Time to transfer to another server and keep trying.
    6. After receiving much sarcasm from our fellow players, we will turn to Brell to remove all these defects of character. /cue sound of EQ God laughing.
    7. I asked Brell to remove my shortcomings. He wanted 10 krono.
    8. Make a list of all persons we had harmed. As for me, after hitting the 10k mark on my list, I gave up and watched reruns of Futurama. Finally realized that Bender was not going to save me. I decided to grudgingly make amends to a small sample of those I had bored, err…harmed.
    9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Well, unless it seemed amusing at the time.
    10. Time to take personal inventory and when we you were wrong, time to choose to promptly lie about it.
    11. After hitting rock bottom and realizing that for a brief moment that WoW seemed like a good thing, I decided to seek to improve my conscious contact with Brell. he reminded me that I still owed him 5 krono.
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, I tried to carry this message to Pixaholics everywhere, and to practice these principles in all my affairs. Well, at least some of them.
    As always, YMMV.