Yet another boxing question.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kallitank, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Kallitank Elder

Is there a [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] for dummies, I've looked into it but seemed a little difficult to setup if you're not computer wiz.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

ISB has an EQ wizard that is ok to get started with.
    ISB does 3 main things for me:
    Broadcast key strokes
    Shows small cutouts of other toons screens (that are also clickable, but that is secondary) so I can see what they have targeted, what they are casting, if autoattack is on, etc, depending on what I chose to place in the area that is transmitted.
    Allows for very fast shifts between toons. They are rendering fully in the background, and F1, F2, etc shifts instantly.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

While you're not wrong here, I'd just like to clarify, so everyone understands. If you kick off a social, that's EQ functionality, so that's not "automation" as DBG defines it. And you're limited to 5 (4?) commands to queue at once.

On the ISB side, they have been very careful to maintain the one input = one action framework. So while you can do some pretty sophisticated things, what you can't do is set off scripts, which will perform multiple actions from a single input. The "macros" (or whatever they're called, I forget) you set up in ISB can have lots of steps, but you need to do an input (mouse click or keyboard key) for each step of the macro. So, while a user may call that "automation", it's still not automation from DBG's definition and perspective.

With ISB, if you stop making inputs, your team comes to a halt, and does nothing, it's that simple.

Tat

PS - just noticed you mentioned an auto-fire keypad. Yeah, I guess that could get around it, but you can also use a programmable input device to get around DBG's rules, and it would still be against the EULA, even without the 3rd party s/w.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

There's YouTube videos for it kalli like I mentioned earlier. The most basic of things (broadcasting of multibinds) the setup wizard can lead you through like Ibis said.

The more complicated stuff usually will require a bunch of playing around and figuring out what things do (I didn't have the attention span for that personally).
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Ibis is a bird. Just saying.
    Tucoh and Tatanka like this.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Autocorrect kept changing it and I stopped caring.

Sorry?
    IblisTheMage and Tatanka like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

You're right, I was thinking of a different, but very similar feature I talked to an ISB dev about a couple years ago.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

L
    lol :)
    Iblis is the devil (and some dude from Star Wars, and the name of the cat of a GF I was living with in 2000).