Yes another 3 box setup question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Connundrum, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Connundrum Lorekeeper

Hi folks!
    I know this subject has probably been answered but I'm looking for some suggestions on which box set to play.

I have 2 high lvl box sets and 1 new box set:
    ENC MAG DRU -level 97

BRD SHK SHM - level 95

PLD CLR ENC - level 8

The casters are easier to box since I dont have to worry about positioning, but my understanding is that eventually I will want an actual tank to play with. So which set should i go with and invest time in?

I'm casual so no plans on raiding and not enough time to commit to more than 1 of these box sets.

Thanks!
  2. Connundrum Lorekeeper

I should mention that all 3 box sets are on different live servers

Casters on Tunare, melee on Firiona Vie and the low lvl set on Luclin.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

I think either of the first two teams should work just fine. Obviously not having a real tank with the first crew will limit you on an encounter or two per expansion at which point hopefully you can find a real tank to sub in or hire one if needed. The second group has lots of utility and should be able to manage most situations assuming your SK is geared and AA properly. As someone who plays very casual these days and runs an SK main with mage boxes its a never ending struggle to stay relevant which I have just came to terms with not happening. If I can get enough new upgrades with each expansion release to be able to progress through older content that I need to get done I will be happy. Basically if I can manage to stay within 3-4 expansions of current end game I see that as a win.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Ditch the pld/clr/enc trio for sure. Its DPS is going to be forever garbage.

You'll do well with enc/mag/dru. With enc/dru helping your mage pet, you'll be able to pet tank nearly all single mobs. Your enchanter will be able to pull/CC single mobs cleanly. And those three characters synergize well for easy and effective caster DPS. Certain missions/named will be annoying if you can't use CC effectively.

You'll do well with brd/shk/shm. You'll be able to tank most mobs / groups of mobs down, but DPS will require more effort and likely be eclipsed by 30-50% by the caster group.
  5. Connundrum Lorekeeper

My biggest issue with the melee group I think was trying to run everything off my boards screen since I pull with my bard, but I think if I use my skill as my main scree. I can put everyone one on follow and setup some socials and whatnot to pacify / mezzo mobs easily.

I've been leveling with the DH Ha's but I am aware that I need to go back and do older content to gear up my skills. He is 80% heroic geared still with very few augs so his health jumps a lot.

I think I will stop focusing on leveling and see about getting into a guild.
  6. took2summit11 Augur

The absolute easiest way for you to gear up will be to buy remnants of tranquility, the currency for the broken mirror group gear. I’d say just get your SK fully geared in TBM group gear and you’ll be fine all the way to 110. Most people have 100s of thousands of these remnants laying around, and you only need about 30-40k to fully deck a character out. When I was leveling up I asked in general if anyone was selling remnants and one guy sent me a tell and said “i will parcel you 100k for free, enjoy”.

If you’re having trouble finding remnants or can’t afford them, do the TBM missions, they’re HA’s so scale by level. I was 2-boxing them at level 90. I liked doing the ones that sent you to demiplane of life, you just have to kill like 12-20 mobs and none of them are named.
  7. Mazame Augur

ENC MAG DRU -level 97 With out raiding this group will let you do 95% of group content. With the Charm pet for the harder named you don't need a tank I did all of TBL quest with Chanter charm pet tanking.

BRD SHK SHM - level 95 This group will let you go 98% of the group game.

The one thing that will stop you is missions like Skyfire that make very hard to box. I know a few people that were able to 6 box it but they had raid gear on some of their toons and no mercs. My point being either of those groups will work and let you see most stuff.

PLD CLR ENC - level 8 hmmm PLD = Very low DPS unless fighting undead. CLR very low DPS Both can heal and cure. Chanter can CC and i gess give Mana regen for the VERY VERY LONG FIGHT that everything will end up being. No Track / No port not seeing anything in the group that would make me understand what it offers. Well not much would be able to kill you with the amount of CC and heals. Stun lock for days.
    Yendar likes this.
  8. Connundrum Lorekeeper

Awesome thank you all for the input!

I have 23/ 25 expansions on all 3 accounts so not sure if I have TBM (I think I do) so I will look in to 5hat. I have yet to do anything in shards landing. Actually I havent done any Hot progression either so I am probably going to go with the SHK group and stick with them.
  9. Scorrpio Augur

Enc/Dru/Mag is a power trio, got one myself. Chanter: CC, mana regen, memwipe, good DPS(sorta nerfed recently) charm, haste, slow and other debuffs, mega ADPS, stuff enchantment for tradeskills. Druid is a utility cornucopia with ports, evac, track, forage for tradeskills. Insta-invis, run speed buffs, other good buffs, ADPS, rez, strong damage and darn good heals/cures. And snare which is a total lifesaver with charmpets.
    Mage is a damage machine with pet that can do tank duty with decent EM focus, toys for pets, utility item summoning, and CotH is a mega bonus. I went on hiatus shortly after RoS launch, but running with tank/healer/wiz mercs I could handle anything in EoK except for group missions, mostly due to lack of coordination.