Yellow Item Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by n0slet, Oct 25, 2012.

1. n0slet New Member

So I bought a belt with 31% haste on it, and it turned yellow when I equipped it. None of the stats that were on the item I received. I understand that it's not meant for silver members like myself. But according to my stats page when it is equipped my haste DOES go up. My question is does it actually function or is that a bug?
  2. Cakeny Augur

It means it's a prestige item. Prestige items are treated as an empty slot if you're not Gold sub. If prestige is from au aug, you get stats from base item, but not the aug.
  3. n0slet New Member

Yep I know about that. My problem is that yes the stats on the belt aren't reflected because it is a prestige item. However when I equip it my haste DOES go up on the stats window. So I was wondering if it actually works or if it showing that is a bug. Because I'd have guessed it wouldn't work period since the stats didn't because of the prestige issue.

This is just the base non augmented haste belt from Griegs End btw.
  4. Lighteningrod Augur

5. Cakeny Augur

Maybe he has a prestige aug in it that is giving the tag, that would explain receiving haste and not stats.
  6. Brudal Augur

Yellow items are when you don't meet the required level to equip (i.e. below 50 for the belt).

Can't answer if the haste being displayed on your stats page is a bug or not without parsing with a known delay weapon and checking the time stamps on the swings.
  7. n0slet New Member

It must be the required level you are correct. I just noticed that. I'm a noob. ;) I'm only level 40 on that guy. Surprised it even lets me equip it. Glad it's not prestige though, at least I didn't waste money on it. Thanks guys!
  8. Cakeny Augur

Whoops got the colors mixed up. The reason you are allowed to equip items that are too high level is since we don't drop gear on corpse when we die. Otherwise, what would happen if bags were full and you de-leveled. Where would they put that item you can't use anymore?
  9. n0slet New Member

Gotcha. I do wonder if the haste is actually working since the stats page seems to show that but it's not a big deal. I'll be the right level for it very soon anyways.
  10. Geroblue Augur

If you are using potion of speed, your haste amount will go up on your stats tab to.
  11. n0slet New Member

Nope not potions are being used. The only haste item I have is that one. Soon as I put it on my haste rating goes up by 31%.
  12. Cakeny Augur

Maybe system now ignores augs that make an item go above your level like it does for prestige?
  13. Abazzagorath Augur

Haste probably works regardless, just like % skill mods always worked regardless. It wasn't an issue in the past because you couldn't equip items at all if you didn't meet the requirements, but with the prestige development you now can equip those items.

Same reason you can get skill mods to work in ammo but not stats, the game has always ignored those restrictions when it comes to mods. Like if you had a haste item with recommended level on it, it would give you full haste at level 1 even thought the stats were scaled to a level 1.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  14. Cakeny Augur

Well you wouldn't get full haste % at level 1. There are haste caps as you level.