Yelinak Questions?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accendo, Apr 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brunlin Augur

I would agree that Classic being 12 weeks is to long. You devs have made a hardcore server and a casual server this year. Yelinak is obviously the intended casual server. So why do you have a hardcore cadence for classic. The people that you listen to is most likely going to the hc server.

A casual person who puts in 12 hours a week which is 6-2 hour sessions, or 3- 4 hour sessions if they are extremely efficient with guild groups or pick up groups, and it takes them 40 hours to level to 50 (it takes a good static about 35 hours or so) than it will take them at least 3 weeks before they start raiding.

I'm in a guild that's going to Yelinak, a casual friendly guild and i hear from a lot of people in that guild and its the one gripe that i hear.....Why is classic so short for a casual server?

I get 12 weeks is to long and I am even one person that has said to shorten Classic, but 4 weeks for a casual paced server? At least give them 2 extra weeks to level.

Now I'm personally going to be 50 in 3 days, and ill be ready for kunark in 4 weeks, but not everybody will be like me and for the spirit of a casual server, I think at least 6-8 weeks would better fit the server.
    Duladin, Crabman, slizzard and 4 others like this.
  2. asdfbot Lorekeeper

Of course its about how fast the unlocks go. That determines how much time you spend in an expansion. Classic your going to spend about 2 weeks leveling if you hit it for about 4 hours a day, half of classic is gone. Then you have to do all the leveling again for 50-60, there goes another 2 weeks of grinding exp. By that time, with the fast unlocks, you already lost some ppl from burnout and thats not considering the ppl that don't even roll on the server because they don't want to deal with that. They are rushing this to get ppl to go to live, bad end goal.
  3. netheril New Member

Please don't do any of that. Or at the very least, don't remove truebox.
    Dragon Jockey and Aoradek like this.
  4. Zilias New Member

Some of the first progression servers, that had vote unlocks before AoC, threshold instances, other quality of life changes, did quite well even though they stayed in the same expansion longer.

There has not been a vote to unlock server since all those changes either. Which could be a possible change to the formula that might satisfy both parties.
    Brunlin, Vito and asdfbot like this.
  5. Tackk New Member

Can you give us a “best case scenario” of server launch. Specifically, can you tell us if there will be a limit as to how many will be allowed at certain intervals and how long the wait will be between intervals?
    Grok likes this.
  6. Zilias New Member

Also (Vaniki related), from other threads yes, remove achievements from open world raid bosses. Plans to lag out bosses or bind rush with more than 72 toons on CT the first Achievement seems pretty cheap to me.
  7. Zansobar Augur

Why did they move from 3 months of Classic to 1 month? Wouldn't 2 months be a better choice?
    Duladin, Brunlin, Crabman and 2 others like this.
  8. Melodico New Member

Here’s a fresh take, why not release classic and kunark together? Classic zones and loot are still viable in kunark - can leave both unlocked for 3 months. This would be something fresh and give people time for the 60 grind, more raid content, pacing for hardcore and casual players, and when velious and all its fun raids come out more people will be prepared for the content.

I’ve played on servers that do hotspot zem boosters as well that cycle weekly, where 2-3 zones get xp modifiers each week and encourages people to level in lesser used zones. That could be interesting.

Please consider! I will be playing yeli anyway. Perhaps a lot of these forum ideas could go to a community poll to gauge general sentiments of the player base. -LegendZapp
  9. slizzard New Member

I agree, except for mangler had much longer expansion locks. This feels like a major rush through content (in my opinion)
    Brunlin likes this.
  10. Kahna Augur

They did away with vote to unlock because the vote never failed. Okay, it failed once, on Fippy, and basically killed the server when it did.
  11. Court Elder

Since Classic is only 4 weeks long on Yelinak, will Classic raid mobs (such as Eye of Veeshan in particular) be given a loot drop increase to supplement for the shorter time period and to allow players a greater opportunity at acquiring Classic raid items?
    ISupportGuilds and Crabman like this.
  12. Kahna Augur

Lose people to burn out of lose them to boredom. DPG has the numbers, and they are the only ones who know the truth. They have done faster unlocks, and they have done slower, they have stats for what keeps player populations higher. This choice wasn't made randomly.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  13. Zansobar Augur

I think they believe you are to continue raiding Sky in Kunark (when it is much easier). I'd rather get finished with Sky in Classic but that would probably take 3 months of Classic.
  14. Court Elder

What are the Classic Achievements that were posted in the 2022 Roadmap, and what affect will they have on Yelinak?
    Erekai and Chyron like this.
  15. asdfbot Lorekeeper

And the conclusion is, majority don't stick it out past PoP. Why speed that up? Once they confirm its set in stone, ill stop posting and wait til next year to see if a better selection comes along.
  16. Chyron Lorekeeper

Will Yelinak players be allowed to server change to Agnarr prior to the launch of Gates of Discord?

Are there any differences between Yelinak and Mangler, aside from the early expansion unlock rate?

Will classic achievements provide any tangible benefits? Mounts?
  17. slizzard New Member

Cuz those bags won’t sell themselves.
  18. Haak Augur

Will Omens be the expansion that the dev team now considers when progression becomes 'fairly standard'? Have you determined that everything prior to that should be condensed due to a lack of interest in that content compared to past TLPs?

I'm genuinely curious if there is a coming shift in the philosophy, away from the old draw of Classic through PoP, and more towards encouraging players into OoW and beyond more often.
  19. ArweenaOG New Member

As a player who has not played on previous TLPs could you please define what exactly it means to be a "traditional progression server", at a minimum can you point to another server and say it's the same ruleset as XXX server but with the modified release schedule.
  20. Ddezul Augur

You don't have to move on from classic?
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.