Yelinak is the twilight zone

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by whattheheckisgoingon, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

This thread kinda makes me wanna roll on the next TLP just to see how badly I can play and get away with it
  2. Duder Augur

That’s why gate is one of his perma memmed spells instead of gate! Duhhhhh
  3. ikarinokamii Elder

you are obviously not.
  4. Quik Augur

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't do pickups, I was just exdplaining how to do it.

I will sit in EC tunnel and do ports while I am selling pots or gear and I advertise I will do for donations which I do, I don't expect lowbies to tip really, but if I get lvl 50+ that get ported and don't tip, I put them on ignore.

I don't mind doing TL's for whatever, including even just a 1pp tip, but I recently did a multiple evac for a guy with boxes to EJ and he didn't tip anything so I put him on ignore. About 2 hours later he sent a tell from another character asking why he had been put on ignore and I explained it to him and man was he pissed.

Sorry guys, but if you really want to ask me to hit all your toons with SoW, Lev, and a group port to EJ and then not give anything? Nope, you can get another porter. I don't expect 100pp like a lot of people give, but if you are remotely higher lvl and don't tip at all you can find someone else.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

actually, mathematically it's better to kill what's killable fastest first and not keep taking the exrtra hits.

Math is hard.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Stymie Pendragon

A.K.A. focus the adds.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  7. Quik Augur

This. I don't know how many times everyone would focus on the main boss pulled and the raid got wiped cause they get overrun, but sometimes you do want to just kill the big baddie as quick as you can.

Each circumstance is different, but in general, kill small mobs first so your healers don't get mobbed when they throw out a few heals.
    Joules_Bianchi and Stymie like this.
  8. ikarinokamii Elder

focus the adds is applicable in certain situations. the general rule is the kill the most dangerous mob first. focus the adds generally only applies if there is a mechanism that will continually generate more adds.
    Janois likes this.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

As mentioned above, the particular circumstances can determine the best way to go. In my experience, having the tank and healer keep the harder mob occupied while the remainder of the group deletes the adds can work well.
  10. Yuno New Member

I like how this thread got turned into a tutorial on assisting... but I will say Yelinak is different from prior TLP in that there is a massive amount of people who either haven't played recently/don't understand some of the stuff that has changed since actual classic era, or from P99 who think things are operationally the same as there and won't hear otherwise (camps, etc). It has been both comedy and tragedy to watch at times but it's one of those things you can't bear to look away from, either.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

This just means dbg hasn't scrapped the tlp well dry yet. Not everyone being a reroller is a positive thing. Not having the traditional super guild from every other tlp present crushing all the new people is also a positive thing for them as it allows the rise of new leaders for the next Gen tlp.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

That's an inventive solution. However, why can't Daybreak just create Translocate and Zephyr versions for those spells, as well as for the Hate and Sky group ports?
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

aggro climb vs discs. NOT focusing on adds is what brings the aggro to the heal team.

Focus adds is correct.

Focusing on main taget lets all add aggro build toward healers and WILL wipe your raid.
  14. Ddezul Augur

That's how you don't top parses.
    Focus on the boss and then post your parse in raid, guild, say and oop...accidentally in general.

Own it.
  15. Ddezul Augur

Just head to the guild lobby.

Oh wait....
  16. Vlorg Augur

you can be a mage and AFK so much your pet dont attack half the mobs while you sit FM for several minute in a row... and still not get kicked.

the bar is really low. really really low.
  17. Mrjon3s Augur

What class are you playing? Only class I can think of that wouldn't have root up would be a shaman and that just because Slow is too strong.
  18. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I want my dang “server’s worst” trophy
  19. mark Augur

i always afk when i am playing eq my boxes never complain they just sit there until i come back,on raids iam to busy talking in chat and in tells and i dont box so i dont afk.
  20. mark Augur

i never have root up but i do have a weapon with slow ,one that gives me haste and an aeo weapon to get aggro from sorrunding mobs.