yelinak how to please most players.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Apr 23, 2022.

1. mark Augur

Allow boxing,random loot and freetrade make eq fun again.
    Manafasto and Balthazar like this.
  2. Moforyguy Elder

You are in luck. They just made a server like that last year. Its called Michief and it has free trade random loot and Daybreak has never cared about anyone boxing.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

mark threads used to be a box of chocolates. Now they're just bad.
  4. mark Augur

i actually have 7 accounts on mischief but i like classic to oow apart from god and i love boxing on 1 pc,so moforyguy i would be in luck if darkpaw did one of the tlp start in classic,boxing allowed free trading and random loot and where do you guys get the idea that i am not playing eq daily since i am retired now.
  5. Trox2010 Augur

I don't know the vast majority of people I know that are going to play on Yelinak are quite pleased with the current ruleset. The only thing most of us thought we may want changed is increased loot drops to account for the shortened timeframe, but after discussing it a bit realized don't really even need that since will be doing Classic raids all throughout Kunark anyways.
  6. mark Augur

hey frank your entitled to your opinion and myself to mine,i post to let daybreak(darkpaw) that some of us love mischief ruleset with boxing on 1 pc without cheating.
  7. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

8. Zansobar Augur

Free trade is all it needs to become a good TLP launch.
  9. Moforyguy Elder

Doesn't free trade just make it easier for farmers to sell krono? They don't have to sell loot rights anymore. I think they only did free trade with random loot rule cuz random counteracts farming as much.
  10. Tintaglia Elder

I do love the randomness of loot, at least how it was before PoP. Now it seems like it's back to praying to RNGesus that you don't get the short end of the stick on boss kills and the associated loot. But I don't think that system should be applied to ever TLP going forward. Add it to a new server down the road, sure, but mix it with some other kind of special rules. I won't be playing on it, but let Yelinak be Yelinak.
  11. Tintaglia Elder

NO DROP still allows krono farmers to make money through selling loot rights. Same song, different beat.
  12. Moforyguy Elder

Having to sell loot rights makes it harder for them. They will still do it but it clearly makes them sometimes lose out but free trade insures they never lose out. I don't think they will be changing anything about Yal this close to release though.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  13. Tintaglia Elder

You've obviously never played Trader Wars in the bazaar on Mischief. I've seen prices tank in an hour, and not because supply suddenly increased. Rather, two traders slashing prices to always have the lowest price.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Or just play on Mischief & support switching truebox off after PoP
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  15. Lamberduim Lorekeeper

Yea just keep playing the expansions that suck balls to most of the player base because it has the ruleset you like
  16. Moforyguy Elder

You are right I always quit when Luclin hits cuz the nostalgia is gone for me by then. It seems like the first 3 expansions are the biggest for krono farming from what I've heard.
  17. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Fixed! :D
    Skuz likes this.
  18. PIERRE STEUBEN Journeyman

Plenty of people buy raid items from these guys, It does not make it much harder. Free-trade breaks up the monopolies in the market. They have no competition on Traditional servers with "No Free Trade". Therefore they can keep the prices very high for a much longer period of time. And if no one wants to pay that, they will just let it rot rather than take a small cut, this insures they keep the prices high throughout the expansion.
  19. Arclyte Augur

we got ourselves an east commonlands stockbroker here crunching the numbers
  20. Tintaglia Elder

Your nostalgia died a long time ago, but is alive and kicking on p99.