Yay for bugfixes 14 years in the making :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zliz, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Zliz Journeyman

Anyone else notice that as of the latest patch, the "an azarack" mobs in Plane of Sky now stay on their island, path properly, and float high above the ground, as intended? :)
    Leerah and Mykaylla like this.
  2. feiddan Augur

Plane of Sky has been someone's pet project lately. The keys now go on your keyring.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Edrick Augur

Plane of Sky is the best of the original Planes. Haters gonna hate.

Maybe we're going to have an expansion where you have to go to Island 8 to attune yourself to a zone.
  4. Axem the Great Journeyman

I was thinking that when I first saw the patch notes about the keys. I can't see why else they would be messing with the zone unless we're going to have to attune to another place in there, or maybe a cToV type of revamp?!
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. feiddan Augur

Best to get all your keys now, before the changes go on Test give plat farmers the knowledge start taking advantage of the rest of the server population!
  6. Edrick Augur

With the way Plane of Sky works, I don't think these evil plat farmers are going to make a dime off the zone if they require the keys.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Either a revamp or maybe it's tied into the next expansion some way.
  8. Tornicade_IV Augur

Veeshan is coming for you
  9. Edrick Augur

By the way, I personally haven't noticed this. I was farming the zone to get a bixie short blade for one of the paladin swords, and I'd usually clear up to Island 8 just for fun too, and I'd regularly run into azaracks on Sister Island and even Eye of Veeshan island.
  10. Axem the Great Journeyman

Didn't they change the lunatic's faction as well? I know previously if you killed him once, you ruined your sky faction with no way to repair it.
  11. Questoften32 Augur

The only everpresent bug that has ever seriously bothered me, is making a new toon, completing glomingdeep mines, leveling up, then dying having forgot to bind my soul, returning to glomingdeep but being too high level and then being disconnected from the server. I then re log to find myself in pok. You would really think I would eventaly remember to vist the soulbinder right out of the gate. Come to think of it, I'm not 100% sure this is a bug but it acts as one.

The only recent thing is that when I pay for the services of a drakkin merc outside CR, I seem to mostly get the hairstyle I want, but it seems to always change to that acursed flat top haircut instead of staying as it was when the merc was randomly genarated but maybe this is a display bug on my end. Who knows?
  12. Ayoheee Augur

Gotta say the potential to run with PoSky (veeshan's realm etc) as part of or the basis of new content must be very tempting on their end. Maybe on to something.
  13. SaderakhBertox Augur

Is it more likely that the issues in older content become relevant and in their face due to progression servers? There were other issues resolved like the ranger epic 2.0 and so on.
  14. Zaxamaphone Augur

I'm guessing a dev was playing his in game character and happened to go to PoSky for some reason. While he/she was there they experienced the bugs we have all experienced there. While experiencing the bugs first hand they said "hey... who the heck has the power to fix this crap? Oh wait... I do"... thus began their pet project when they have downtime from their normal duties.
  15. feiddan Augur

Where's the fun in that? We like conspiracy theories around here!
  16. Iila Augur

Hasn't it been about 2 years since the progression servers cared about PoSky?
  17. SaderakhBertox Augur

I don't know how long their bug list is though... oh wait, maybe its about two years deep? lol ;) I kid. Well, there's always potential for a new one, or for conspiracy theorists, they are going back and tidying up the product, getting it ready for auction ! /duck
  18. Random_Enchanter Augur

clearly we as adventures have not yet progressed into the true relm of Veeshan. This is because
    - POSky is simply the Norrathian verson of Veeshan's relm.
    - we have not yet managed to even find Veeshan to make a (poor) attempt at fighting her for "phat lootz" like we have with every other signifcant god out there (that is known to Norrath)
    - We are adventures, we go to were we can kill the most stuff or find the best loots

Where better to put an opening into Veeshan's true relm than in the equilvant of her relm on Norrath?
    As to the how we manage to find the "true relm of Veeshan" we have the ethernere, we will be fighting something that is trying to get though who's to say that the during (or as a result of) the fight we acadently tear into the "true relm of Veeshan" and stablise the portal in POSky? which is guarded by the Eye of Veeshan (cause all cool places have guards, if they didn't they wouldnt be cool)
  19. Leerah Augur

I am just happy to free up 6 bank slots that held keys. I had /feedbacked that last year so I can feel my feedback was heard. :)
  20. TheQxx Augur

I want to say that the keyring thing was bittersweet. Beyond the fact that I'm a curmudgeonly vocal purist when it comes to anything everything pre-Luclin, I always thought that getting keys in PoSky was part of the experience every visit. But most people at this point, like me, just had the keys chewing up bank slots so it totally made sense. I guess I missed the patch message [in January] that mentioned it so it was a surprise to me in a recent visit. The problems with mobs, especially on isle 2, had been happening for like years. I'm glad it's been fixed.