Ya know what would be really Nice DBG? Maps...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by northstar, Feb 16, 2019.

1. northstar Augur

So I don't have to DL corrupted files from a third party web page. Thanks in advance!!
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What, are you the only person incapable of downloading Goode's or (temporarily forgetting the other guy's name) map packs?
  3. northstar Augur

Newp had crashing issues had to delete all files in my map folder do a fresh download and reinstall but thanks for your enlightened comment
  4. Spellfire Augur

Brewall
    Gundolin and Tatanka like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks, temporary brain fart ;)
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, if you downloaded, and it's working, then there's nothing wrong with the files, correct? They got corrupted AFTER you originally downloaded them. Making your first post kinda silly.

How's that for enlightenment?
  7. northstar Augur

Pretty good cause I had to DL without safety features and once installed crashing. Same thing second time so I let my Software take care of it seeing as they got reported as unsafe...
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

WHO got reported as unsafe? I've NEVER had to turn off my AV s/w when downloading maps from either Goode or Brewall?
  9. northstar Augur

Brewall... Was unsafe and needed to disable A/Vs it is what it is...
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

Maps are plain old text files.
    Slippry and svann like this.
  11. svann Augur

What would be nice though is if map labels would enlarge when we zoom in on the map. With high resolution systems those labels are getting really small.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Fanra and Pirlo like this.
  12. Febb Augur

uhhh what anti virus reported brewalls site as unsafe? I'm pretty sure that's completely false.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

eqmaps.info is brewall's site. are you sure that's where you are getting his from?
    Tatanka likes this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Considering all that guy does is steal Good's maps, get rid of Good's name, adds his, and maybe add a label or two, yeah, I wouldn't trust him.
    Slippry, gotwar, Marike and 2 others like this.
  15. Astral64 Augur

Goodurden's map pack. Only way to fly.
  16. Tucoh Augur

My jboots got slower when I downloaded brewall's maps, so I use goodurden instead.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No issues here. Did you go to his own site, or some other site hosting the file(s)? Ran scanner on the latest download, also no issues, it's clean.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

I would suggest downloading maps from there original website. I use http://tinyurl.com/eqmappack as a short cut to my Google Drive since the original address is like impossible to type or to remember. I also 100% trust EQResource.com or Fanra's Everquest Wiki sharing my maps and I never had any trouble downloading Brewall's Everquest Maps.

Now, I wont comment on which is best for you but I do seem to get things updated before they even come out. The rest is pretty much the preference of the user as we both have different ways of categorizing and color coding our labels.
  19. TheStugots Augur

Good’s maps or you’re just plain doing it wrong.
    Caell and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. NeverPayForLag Augur

Everybody meanwhile should be aware that the most socalled antivirusprograms are meanwhile a kind of trojan/virus itself. They prevent you from viewing sites or working properly despite the fact that not all they recognize are really a virus or trojan. AVs are meanwhile a moneymaking industry for themselves which share partly the same wrong databases and partly prevent free programmers from releasing their stuff properly..

Meanwhile no system from me has a AV anymore except Defender which I even disable for the gaming (despite this crap is always activating itself after reboot). They are cutting system speed partly extremely down. As long as you know where you working, which sites you visiting and how to replace an AV with a backup security system - there is only a need for it for the "mainstream user" who still clicks on every crappy email because the header says "you are an important person" or for the surfer who copies his illegal crap on the system. If you have still a HD instead of SSD or M.2 then an AV is a pita in itself...

Don't trust AV programs... if you are gaming...
    Don't trust Websites you don't know...
    Don't trust unknown Emails without proper header...

And if you have to surf then use a capsulated VMs - there you can install the AV and there it cannot harm the working system...

And if you have problems with wellknown secure systems then expect that you have a Virus/Trojan on your system and your AV is too stupid to realize that. That is btw also wellknown - there is no 100% protection - the better the protection, the less you can use the system anymore...

Sad to say but meanwhile this is a real pita...