Xp on Thornblade/Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Oct 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnothappening Augur

No clue on selo's as I was on mangler. That said, wasn't it 1 month unlocks? We have 2 months for luclin and 3 months for PoP. That is 5 months to level where selo would have given you 2. That in and of itself is a huge difference.

As for it taking more work to keep up on Mischief, sure, but you also have 2-3x as long each expac to level.
  2. Pappasalt Augur

So for clarification...for example Luclin would have taken about 60hrs of game time to achieve all AA on Selo.

These servers take about 200 or so hours. Regardless of time given..the amount of input to max is about 2-3 times.
  3. Glowerss Augur

It's not a server AA exp rate problem.

It's a "Luclin is absolutely awful for AA and the expansion does not support quick acquisition of AA" problem.

You could probably argue that the main problem here is the removal of AEing deep and stuff, or at least making ae deep significantly harder/more annoying. That was the only way previously to get reasonable exp.

That said, the problem resolves itself when PoP comes out, so I wouldn't expect any changes. If you buffed baseline AA exp it would be far too fast once PoP comes out.
  4. Fell Augur

Perhaps not everyone should do everything in every expansion?

<boggle>
  5. Triconix Augur

Strange, last I checked I just bought a new expansion to play on for levels 115-120. Maybe I was dreaming? Am I also dreaming of the dozens of guilds actively beta testing raids? My guild had beta raids with a dev just the other day. Was that also something I just dreamed up? If nobody played this content, why are devs working directly with guilds in game to tune and fix new raids? Seems conterproductive to me!

I'll also bet a good portion of "TLP players" are also buying the expansion for some of the perks. I'd like to thank them for donating to live server revenue and support. You help boost the numbers of live server revenue to provide evidence why EQ should keep coming out with new content.

P.S. I'd much rather my dozens of buttons of live than be limited to my solid 1 aggro button on TLP. Talk about an under developed and badly designed class for such a long period of time.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

That may be why they don't let us buy unlimited 40 slot bags. So that we buy the expacs for the additional big bag.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Glad your enjoying the max level range on an old server if 120 is the max. I wouldn't want to grind for a year to get near that on FV plus another year for what I'm assuming is the 100,000AA I'd need to be viable.

Unlike older EQ I don't think anyone would want someone who just bought a 115 - 120 in their group or was PL'd and doesn't understand anything. Hence why I quit FV as it's a ghost town for newer players.
  8. Triconix Augur

Nah, not even close to 100k. Wars max out around 36k with at least 10k being close to useless. Also, ironically, the time investment to max AAs each new expansion is much less than it takes to max AA's in early expansion like Luclin seeing how I can pump out around 300-400/hr with a decent group and each expansion provides less than 5k total.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Nice so a year to play an expansion that takes 20 hours or less to max AA. I guess I wouldn't have any issues with that either.
  10. Pappasalt Augur

How goes the 1-2% aa xp per kill?
    Dono27 likes this.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Going great. Have you managed to find a server/game for you where you push a button and everything is maxed?
  12. Pappasalt Augur

You're adorable :D
    Dono27 likes this.
  13. Dono27 Journeyman

It’s way too slow for standard grouping - even with a $10 exp pot.

I figure that I’m generally getting around 2 AA an hour, call it 3 AA an hour if you want to be generous.

So, per 4 hour exp pot, 8-12 AA every four hours, 32-48 every 16 hours; let’s say 40 AA per 16 hours per 40 dollars, assuming we maximized the life of our $10 pots.

Or, I can pay 3-4 kr and a $10 exp pot, and in 4 hours earn the same 40 AA. Let’s call that $50.

So, $50 for 40 AA IN 4 hours or $40 for 40 AA in 16 hours.

It seems to me that most people with krono, are going to elect the route that only requires buying one $10 exp pot, instead of four.

The time disparity posed by the AE PL services versus standard gameplay is too great right now. Sure, maybe AE PL groups will always be 4x faster, or maybe more. However, I only need so much exp.

So at that rate, it’s 100-120 hours just grinding luclin AA or 25-30 in an AE group. In other words, 25-30, $10 exp pots or 6-7, $10 exp pots.

Basically, the exp rate is too slow. It demands way too much time. And this isn’t about AE groups. Again, you only need so much exp. The problem is it takes way too long to get that exp as intended/generally played. This leaves the cheese AE PL service as an almost inevitable alternative.

If Daybreak/current owner is concerned about revenue, then consider the above. Anyone that already has the means, namely krono, is going to go with cheese AE PL, reducing purchases of exp pots. In other words, you’d actually sell more exp pots by increasing the general experience rate.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

A few things. First, selling kr vs selling exp potions hurts Daybreak how? Krono cost almost twice the most expensive exp potion. Second, just because your group is bad and only earns 2 AA an hour with a 50% potion doesn't mean everyone's is. Finally, maybe if everyone QQ enough they can get a "max character with exp and gear button" that so many seem to want. I really don't get why some people even play the game since they want to play for 4 hours a week and have max everything.
  15. AngryKing Elder

It doesn't hurt them, but I'm going to assume they'd rather players buy an item that can only be used once, cannot be transferred (outside of heirloom), and cannot be purchased via 3rd party sites. Beyond the initial purchase DB never sees a cut of future revenue that krono generates.
    Dono27 likes this.
  16. Quik Augur

Again, everyone knew the xp rate going in, but since there was an xp weekend now people think the xp is unfair and want it changed? Or is it simply now that you are max lvl you want the xp rate changed to help you get AA's farmed faster?

I just want to make sure I understand the exact reasoning.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

They just want. Daybreak could double the exp rate tomorrow and people would wait until Thanksgiving bonus to exp. Then they would say that the bonus needed to be the new rate.
    Duder likes this.
  18. Dono27 Journeyman

Just some background, i very much didn’t know the exp rate going in. If you told me it was the same as it was on Mangler or Phinnegul or whatever, that would have meant absolutely nothing to me. I’ve returned after 10 year break/retirement.

A whole lot has changed - all of it making the game easier and for the better. I don’t want to play p99. I don’t think anyone regularly playing TLP or Live want to play p99.

Looking at the TLP history though, clearly they are tinkering with the format every time a new one is released. I generally see the changes from one TLP to the next as if they are trying to find the right mix of settings. Few TLP servers seem to introduce anything truly unique. I spent 12 years on Bertox. I don’t really want to server jump each year or so. I’d rather see them make adjustments now than wait and jump to the next server.

On these servers, they generally have expac without level increase at 2 months, and expac with level increase at 3. Well, that doesn’t really seem to make any sense when you look at the two most recent expansions, Velious and Luclin.

I guess my point and argument is simply that this server seems to move fast enough to warrant an increased exp rate. My personal experience is limited to this TLP, but it’s playing and figuring to play like part time job to keep up - after having almost nothing to do but raid and start alts in the prior 2 month expac.

I’m here hoping that they can find the right mix of settings on this server, rather than wait for the next. Personally, I think the exp rate is too slow.
  19. Captain Video Augur

It's exactly the same. Plat and items can be generated in theoretically infinite supply via gameplay, whereas Krono and XP pots cannot. Both of those can only be created by RMT, the supply is not infinite, and both get consumed by player use. A lot of Krono gets burned every month to pay for subs, and the Krono market would eventually collapse if people stopped buying fresh Krono with hard cash.

Your arguments for a more accelerated XP pace would be much stronger if the publisher had never chosen to make RMT an official part of the game. The current business model is: There is a standard pace of play (the XP rate), with occasional bonus windows serving as a marketing tool. If you want to go at a faster pace than that, you pay for the privilege. That model is what is keeping the game afloat now, so I don't see any reasonable chance to persuade them to change it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.