XP Gains in TDS Since Nov Patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kreacher Augur

3 AA's for completion of Dredge HA - killed 50mobs.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I got 2 for dino island. But about 20 for mob kills as I was doing the mission.
  3. Brogett Augur

Got approx 1AA for completing caverns HA (somewhere between 0.01 and 1.99 I guess, as I had a report of gaining 1AA). The per mob XP was OK, but it was before. It seems very little change there really. I don't understand this change. Guildies were reporting huge amounts of AA for hailing the NPC at the end of deadhills instances. Why only give large bonuses for old HAs? That makes no sense at all.

As for XP in general in TDS. It's good *provided* you don't end up killing quest NPCs. I can sort of understand the logic; you don't want people camping quest mobs and blocking others on progression. However it's too severe. Right now you're penalising people for helping others to get through progression, meaning we'll only get any benefits for doing it once. This is counterproductive.

Please consider making quest NPCs give more XP. Maybe 50-75% of a non-quest mob. It's still significant, rather than the ~10% it appears to give atm.
  4. Benzarden Augur

Guys you're missing the big picture here. How in the heck is this expansion going to last until October 2015 unless they nerf all experience and give us broken raids?
    Iila likes this.
  5. silku Augur

Here is the issue I have: It seems as though they are trying to make it so that we don't spend time killing the same mobs over and over, because the content is 'trivial'? Yet, that's what the 'con' system is for isn't it? If you don't want a mob giving good experience, make it light blue, green, or grey. The whole thought behind that very system was: this mob is still tough, and still difficult enough for your character to learn something about combat from it.

The real crux here is that the con system is based ONLY on level. If you want to revamp something, instead of going back and retroactively nerfing something here or there, or going through and changing the very way experience works in HAs.. wouldn't it make more sense to make the con system take into account a characters gear and AA count?

Player 1 is level 105 and has 9000 aa, wearing t1 rof group gear. He considers a mob in TDS and gets a red.

Player 2 is level 105, and has 15000 aa. He is wearing high end raid gear from the current expansion. He considers the same mob and it's light blue.
  6. Robnie Augur

I'm not even sure how this would cross anyone's mind.

Sounds like jealousy to me, though.
  7. drkoli Augur

that is the normal completion reward for that HA. i have been farming xp in this HA exclusively for the past week. its a good xp zone. and probably better now that they have bumped up xp in TDS
  8. drkoli Augur

the huge bonus xp they were reporting is because they cut all the kill xp in 1/2 and added the other 1/2 of the kill xp to the end hail.

this HA nerf/fix whatever people want to call it did not effect TDS HA's only CoTF HA's
  9. Ishtass Augur

Oh I'll go there, when we raid it or in a couple years when there's a new expansion that everyone is screwing with. It's how I've played the game for many years.
    Iila and SaderakhBertox like this.
  10. drkoli Augur

id be in RoF goofing off or farming augs for some of my boxes if they hadn't jacked with the xp. so now once i have all of TDS and CoTF augs and progression done ill go farm the few items i want/need for the boxes in RoF for minimal xp. but by then ill be max xp on my main 3 boxes
  11. silku Augur

Not jealousy in the least. I have some raid gear and I have 20k aa.. By all rights a mob is much tougher for a person with half that AA wise and no raid gear and SHOULD give them more experience. It's not as 'tough' for me to fight that same mob. Eventually, fighting the same trash mob over and over should yield the statement "this mob is no longer a challenge for you."
  12. Garshok Augur

Oh, don't worry - next year it will. (Assuming there is another expansion, at least).
  13. drkoli Augur

and by then no one will care if they do nerf the TDS HA's because everyone has been "forced" into TDS and will have the expansion 100% complete.

the only thing about ANY of the xp "nerfs" that sucks for me is ill get next to no xp when i go back to RoF and farm augs for my boxes. if at 105 you want to go xp elsewhere you shouldnt be penalized.

however, i wont be quitting anytime soon.
  14. Maedhros High King

I got 80% of an aa soloing a blue to 105 Sea Banshee.
  15. Ishtass Augur

Apparently I'm in the minority so I'll accept it, goodbye to another 5% playerbase. Lots of gold days paid for already, time to plat farm my money back while my sub dries up ;p
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would be nice if SOE did something to identify quest mobs so people don't waste their time trying to exp off them. Especially since they seem so prevelant in TDS.
  17. silku Augur

Yeah, would have been better if quest mobs were marked with some kind of consider message like 'weak con' mobs are.
  18. Elskidor Augur

Or just don't make quest mobs worthless xp?
  19. Edrick Augur

It's supposed to deter players from camping fast respawning quest mobs for experience purposes I guess.
  20. Garshok Augur

Which we all want (given the exp) . . . which would be so much easier . . . if they helped folks figure out which were the quest mobs. :rolleyes: