XP Gains in TDS Since Nov Patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Nov 19, 2014.

1. silku Augur

I thought you guys were increasing the exp in the new expansion? Why does it actually seem to be even less in some of the zones? 60% aa in arx instead of a full per kill? 6% aa exp for killing a mob in tempest solo?
    Jordis likes this.
  2. Cerris Augur

The air elementals in particular give very poor XP in Tempest Temple. How does the XP from one of the fire elementals across from them stack up?
  3. silku Augur

About the same. Same with goblins. Same with rats in the coral. Same with nagas etc. 3-6% aa solo per kill.
  4. Cerris Augur

Sounds like something didn't get patched live correctly then. On test, air elementals were giving 4% AA per person in a 2 PC 2 merc group, crabs were similarly pathetic but I don't remember the actual number, but fire elementals were giving 40% AA.

Even accounting for the test XP mod you should be getting considerably more xp.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

Increased the amount of the unused space in your exp bar per a kill. This lets you kill more mobs before it fills up!
    Lisandra, Corlen-Xeg, guado and 7 others like this.
  6. silku Augur

Just spent 30 minutes killing the fire elementals to make sure I wasn't missing something. 5-6% per kill.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Apologies for asking haven't done a lot of TDS but are they a quest mob?
  8. Ishtass Augur

I'm not even in a HA, but soloing in an instance zone and noticed I'm making 20% what I was making before. I used to get 15-16% per kill, now 3%. Just wanted to leave my "screw you" post. Thanks for crapping on the play-style I enjoyed. Obviously there's a different vision on how this game should be played and after 16 years it's not for me. Beyond pissed off.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Iila like this.
  9. Edrick Augur

So this exp nerf extended to your non-HA instance? Is anyone else getting the same problem?
  10. Ishtass Augur

I'm really not sure which nerf I'm experiencing. I'm doing VoA instances, so either old content, instances or both. What I do know is I'm back to 2AA per hour which is unreasonable. I don't expect solo exp rates to be as good as a group exp rate, but this is horrid. I could do 2AA per hour 10 years ago. This is seriously the closest I've been to walking away since I started. I will not become a grouper to keep playing, and I will not grind 5x as long to get exp. I'd say walking away was a threat for change, but honestly I'm done caring how it plays out. At least it'll be an easy decision.
    silku and Nedrom like this.
  11. Iila Augur

More details about the instances, mobs and your level are needed.
  12. Ishtass Augur

Pups of War, mob levels 93-96. I'm 105 with healer merc (I know, technically molo)
  13. Iila Augur

That's the -75% penalty for exping in older zones.

Welcome to TDS!
    Axxius and Edrick like this.
  14. Nedrom Augur

Sad times :(
    Ishtass likes this.
  15. Ishtass Augur

Exactly my point. I bought the expansion, let me enjoy exping where I prefer it. No amount of exp nerfs will make me group in TDS before quitting.
  16. Iila Augur

Oh, I'm not defending it. It's been a terrible idea. But it's not another stealth nerf, it's an already known nerf.
    Lisandra, Garshok and Ishtass like this.
  17. Brohg Augur

What a bizarre stand to take :p You purchased the expansion, but you'll go straight to hell before stepping foot there! Rarrr!
  18. Slasher Augur

the problem is most mobs in Tempest Temple and Katta are quest related so they spawn faster and give crappy XP and its this way for all TDS zones if the mob is anyway related to a quest you get almost no xp.
  19. Brohg Augur

That would definitely apply to everything but undead in Katta, right? Elementals & shissar definitely have associated quests. Or is it only those associated with Partisan quests?
  20. Bigstomp Augur

I gained over 50 aa tonight in a couple hours in TDS. No crazy pulling or plans, just working some tasks and helping folks. Just go and play, work on stuff, and the xp flows.
    Don't stare at your XP bar after every kill, and it adds up fast as you enjoy chatting with your group members and casually go about your tasks.
    Maedhros and Zentara like this.