Xorbb's Caged Hatred

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ClapClap, Feb 16, 2014.

1. ClapClap Elder

Is this rechargeable? If not, it should be. It's rare. They should be made untradeable and rechargeable. Make the recharge recipe TS'able and cost about as much as it would cost to make one powersource. You can also make raid flags to use it either RoF or CoTF since most guilds are raiding CoTF...
    guado likes this.
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

How much SC should they charge for the component?
  3. Ravengloome Augur

They upped the drop rate on it on Test. Its supposed to be a chase item with situational use, you want more charge, go get another one ;)

Also why lock it behind raid content? Some groupers actually have and use these lol.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Mytoss Elder

would be cool if it could be recharged , i for one wouldent mind spending alot of time getting one those if so.
    currently people mostly use it for magelo stats
  5. ClapClap Elder

I didn't say to lock IT behind a raid. I said to lock the ability to recharge them
  6. ClapClap Elder

If they make it cheap, they likely would make quite a bit of money from it. It's the only way to get them to do things (if there's a financial interest) so why not...if it gets it done. Farm your own, buy recharge for 100sc or so...
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Right I understand that, What i was pointing out is. Its a viable item for a grouper or a raider, why shouldn't the ability to recharge them be mutually beneficial?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. wingz-83 Augur

Pft...elitism.
  9. Edrick Augur

They're increasing the drop rate to something a little more decent, just deal with it. After that patch, just leave it as it is.
  10. ClapClap Elder

I'm in a very regular guild. We're number 2 on our server and our server is AB so there's like nobody there. They can make it any raid HoT+ which is easy enough. The PS's haven't been updated since lvl 75 really. It's a magelo booster atm or very situational. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to use it all the time if it's in game. Make us hunt for one, then give us a way to recharge it. Or give us a recipe to make it as it's from RoF which is last expac. It's not new..
  11. Orbital101 Augur

They will increase the drop rate from 1 to 5%.
  12. Astehroth Elder

A 5% chance to drop is still going to be potentially a lot of farming, given the nerfs to swarming they should add ~0.25% chance to drop from any mob in the zone. Or give it as a reward for complete CotF missions instead of stupid rain casting clickies and the like.
  13. Explicit Augur

Only truly useful for fluffing magelo (see 95% of every "top 10" in both plate/chain and some leather).

The extra..10 ac and 1200ish hp over metal isn't a game-changer for raids or groups, it's simply a little extra. Drop rate is fine as-is, so is the inability to recharge it.
  14. Orbital101 Augur

I had no problem farming it personally. If you only focus killing PHers and fit as much in as you can in a cycle you will get one within a day or 2
  15. Cicelee Augur

It would be nice if you could recharge it. But it is not a big deal if it is not. However I have one and don't use it, basically due to the fact I don't want it to run out. I know it is illogical thinking, but I digress.

I will add, however, that it does add spell damage with the power source, and a pretty significant amount- IIRC around 40. For a magician that is a semi helpful amount of DPS; nothing game breaking of course, but in a game where we all get excited about one extra damage on a new weapon...40 SD is that one extra damage for a magician.
  16. Edrick Augur

I had supremely accurate halberds of vanquishing in Ultima Online (mostly that I stole from other people) and I'd never use them, because they were too good and valuable, so I can sympathize with that illogical thinking. They go in the To Good To Use Club (tm).

For those that didn't play UO, supremacy accurate was the best accuracy prefix and vanquishing was the best damaging suffix, and halberds were the most powerful two hander. So, a very valuable item.
  17. WDWolf Journeyman

The extra 30 spell dmg however is awesome for my Wizzy (group CoTF/raiding VoA)
  18. Rainbowdash Augur

The Xorbb is meant to be very situational. I only equip mine when I want to get every bit of benefit I can squeeze out of myself, the rest of the time it sits in my bank. and I can easily go without it. I rarely even turn on tribute unless for the same reason (granted, as a mage, we get like....1 really beneficial house trophy tribute and none for personal but. Still..)

It really isn't meant to be something you equip forever and have 100% of the time like regular powersources are. And if it was, i happen to like it better this way.
  19. ClapClap Elder

5% isn't huge. This is still going to leave it as a situational/magelo booster. We haven't had a new PS in a while. With the numbers that we have in hp/mana with the gear today, this wouldn't make anyone OP. I'd love for them to consider a way to recharge it or to make it a recipe...or something with SC because that's likely the only way it's ever going to get done. As long as they wouldn't try to charge like 5$ per...That would be silly. But at like 100sc per, they would make a ton of cash. You know you'd buy it. If you get your free 500sc per month, it's 5 and you can buy a few more if you play a lot...
  20. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

thats okay i didnt see any Dark Elf Cloth armor drop today... i think they missed a few things that were in notes