Xorbb's Caged Hatred Patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qualzek, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Potawatomi Augur

I'd give ya 43% of your money back. :)
  2. Kelefane Augur

hrmm, the stats that the PS gives wont change (unless I am missing something with this Xorbb PS?) because I know that Metal PS stats do not change until they go to 0% and run out. It gives the same stats from 100% through 1%.
  3. genaro44 Lorekeeper

In a way, I'm grateful, because logging in to find all my powersources at 57% has cured me of my need to obsessively hoard them. I'm free!
  4. Stubar Augur

The only thing you're missing is that my post was in jest.

Here we are...what...1.5-2 years after the release of them? MOST people still have their original PS and the fact that they aren't 100 pct is giving the OCD crowd a coronary. If after almost 2 years it's still at 57 pct after the patch, it's being used as a magelo pad. This is all about that number being 100 pct. Laughable really.
    Abazzagorath, Iila and Kelefane like this.
  5. Iila Augur

But my Magelo padding power source went from 2,000,000/2,000,000 to 2,000,000/3,500,000! When someone looks at my Magelo, they might think I actually USED my Caged Hatred outside the guild hall!
    Enkel, TheQxx, Kelefane and 1 other person like this.
  6. Iila Augur

Oh wait, I don't even update with Magelo gold, so it lists the PS I actually do use all the time.
    Stubar likes this.
  7. Axxius Augur

Magelo doesn't show the actual charge of power sources. It's always 100% in magelo.
  8. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

I shrieked when I saw my collection of 900 50ish percent Xorbb PSes and threw them all away. It was such a travesty. I put on my EQ Snuggie and called my therapist.
    Obiziana, TheQxx and Stubar like this.
  9. EQbud Augur

I posted this idea on another thread back in August. I think it's worth considering again since it would get people to actually USE their Xorbb's:

A solution to this would be to add a new special vendor to PoK (or anywhere, doesn't matter) whose inventory is locked behind flags.
    One of the items s/he sells is a NO TRADE version of Xorbb's Caged Hatred and one of the ways to unlock it is to hand in a regular dropped one. There can be other ways to unlock it as well, such as completing certain raids (Xorbb 1,2,&3?), but we'll leave that alone for now.

By adding this vendor, it should solve these issues. It still means each player has to acquire one of their own, but knowing they will be able to pay (probably a lot) to essentially recharge it makes it well worth using more often.

I was going to be done there, but as I was typing I thought of another idea:
    You could even use the Power Source supplier in Katta Whicheverone and have it be sold for Phosphites. This makes it a little more work to maintain, but keeps it connected with the original TSS power sources.

Any future power sources could continually be added in the special vendor in the same way.
  10. Qualzek Augur

If I didn't use mine I wouldn't be pissed haha I use mine nightly on raids ..... Not sure why I would have four if it was just to fluff a magelo.... Or care about it's power for that matter....
  11. Charrisx Journeyman

Ya i have a few of these and use them every night on raids, was excited when i heard the power in them was getting increased, was sad to log in and have them all be at 57%, would be nice if the devs could spend the time to make all the existing Xorbb's Caged Hatred be at the proper level of power, instead of all existing ones not getting the boost, seems pretty unfair to me as most people who do have these pre-patch either have spent countless hours or countless platinum attaining them, so is it your intent sony then to no longer reward your devoted hardcore player base and instead punish them? thanks, we really appreciate it!
  12. Cicelee Augur

2 million units before the patch.

2 million units after the patch.

Obviously I am confused with the topic...
  13. Terminat Lorekeeper

Make them rechargeable via questing and/or tradeskills. Sounds like a good way to me.
  14. Phrett Augur

... haters gon' hate?
  15. CaptAmazing Augur

do not fault the successful partaker…try instead to recognize and rebuke the part of it which allows or encourages your behavior that motivates your displeasure.
  16. Edrick Augur

Forums gon' complain.

(About literally anything.)
    Stubar likes this.