Xorbb's Caged Hatred Patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qualzek, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Qualzek Augur

So was it the intent to reward new players who will be getting powersources at a higher drop rate and not those who got them when the drop rate was lower? I logged on thinking my powersources would last longer and instead power has been reduced on all 4 .... my 3 100% ones were even reduced to 57%..... hope this was a mistake and gets fixed...... dont see any reason those who already had them should not get increased use out of them.....

Would like to see a GM response on this....
  2. Axxius Augur

Power sources store the amount of energy in them. They were at 2 million energy and remained at 2 million energy. But after the patch that is 57% of their new capacity (3.5 million). Of course SOE didn't charge the existing items to 3.5 million, that would be a lot of work. Those who intend to use them shouldn't care, they didn't lose anything. But if you had them for sale... Yeah, that's going to be funny. :D
    Crystilla likes this.
  3. Qualzek Augur

i use them... but was hoping to have the additional use that everyone else who now gets them at a lower drop rate will get.... just kinda of pisses me off... but i tech didnt lose anything just miss out on the SOE pampering as usual haha
  4. Orbital101 Augur

I had one at 91 other 2 was at 100% but ya... kinda deceived to have 3 ps for the price of 1 now...
  5. Chandrok Augur

It was an unforeseen side effect that increasing the energy cap of a power supply does not increase the energy pool. The previously existing versions would have the same pool they did before the cap was increased, thus why they show 57% now. Unfortunately there isn't a good way to increase the energy pools of the previously existing power supplies.
  6. Qualzek Augur

So i assume finally answer is those who previously had are up a creek? go farm more if you want the new better longer lasting ones?
  7. Axxius Augur

Just like it's always been with power sources: if you want more - go get more. They are expendable. This transition issue is very short term and will stop mattering in a matter of weeks.
  8. Falos Augur

All pre-existing powersources should be granted an autorecharge or or something because a lot of people have these powersources and seeing it go from 100 to 57 percent (even if it still has the same pool of power as before) is kind of annoying.

I realize that making the change initially did cause this unforeseen side effect BUT people did report this problem in the test thread soon after the test patch went up.. so there was time to fix it before it hit live.. as such this really should be fixed for the hundreds of people that have these powersources (across all servers) on live.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-03-05-14.208735/page-3#post-3061833

The fact that it was reported in the test update patch thread is even more reason for people to get their existing powersources upgraded to match the new level of power.
  9. Tearsin Rain Augur

there really wasn't - this isn't about "oh, we didn't know there was a problem" or "oh, we just need to get around to fixing it".
    this is a case of the way EQ's code works means there is no viable way currently existing within the tools the devs have with which to access the game data to set existing power sources to the same percent they were at prior to the change.
  10. Qualzek Augur

Next time they upgrade items then they should make all the people that have them reget them .... or keep the older crappy version... bout the same lol.... would be like upgrading a raid item.... then saying oh well couldnt fix the pre-existing one you already had so rebuy it or just keep the older worse version... better luck next patch...

And kind of hard to just go get Caged Hatreds.... if it was that easy and wasn't based largely on luck id have a bag full...

Not a big fan of this patch.... but if this is how it is will go farm more.... or just conservatively use the ones i have...
  11. Axxius Augur

Better yet, make armor wear and shatter so that you have to get new one? ;) Otherwise I don't see your point. You didn't LOSE anything. Your old items didn't get upgraded, and they were not supposed to.
  12. Axxius Augur

Or make them show the actual amount of energy in them.

Either way, this is only a small cosmetic annoyance to those who owned Xorbb's Caged Hatred before this patch. Which is such a small number of players that it doesn't register on SOE's radar except these forums. And it won't matter in a matter of weeks. Doing anything to grant some kind of 'free recharge' would be a total waste of dev time.
  13. Qualzek Augur

New charms just got upgraded.... let ppl with the existing charm have maxed stats of what they were.... if you get one after the patch it gets the new better stats.... if not your stuck with the old stats..... they didnt lose anything just dont have the benefits of the new item from the patch..... thats my point... i'm not saying i'm right or wrong..... just how i feel not saying youre wrong either axxius
  14. Axxius Augur

Expendable items are expendable items. They are just energy, batteries. You can't compare them with gear. Fixing an itemization error with charms has nothing to do with this. Errors need to be fixed. There was nothing wrong with the power sources. SOE just decided to make them more popular by increasing their drop rate and capacity. And that's exactly what they did.
  15. Coruth Augur

While that's totally true. a work-around fix would've been

Completely transform Xorbbs Caged Hatred into --- Token of Xorrbbs Caged Hated (by changing the whole item #) Edit item description for turning in token in POK for when they drop again

Then make a toon in POK that turns token into a fully new max charged Xorbbs caged hatred

The end.
  16. Axxius Augur

1. That would be abused by the people with 0% XCH to get a free fully charged item.
    2. They don't have time to implement newbie quests for the new race/class combos and are forcing them to start in CR. You think spending time to implement this work-around for pre-upgrade XCH would be a good resource management? The tiny number of pre-patch XCH's will phase out soon enough, and this whole issue will be forgotten. The end indeed.
  17. Coruth Augur

It would be a 1 time recharge for current Zeros. But you aren't getting what I said to think its abusible for future.

All current Xorbb PS == Turned into Token
    Token Turned in POK for a "New Item # Xorbb" the new one wouldn't be turnible in or rechargible.
  18. Mintalie Augur

I literally finally finally FINALLY got one after months of chasing THE DAY BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE POWER INCREASE. Of course I had already used it. U G H . That is all. (I won't tell you how much I paid for fear of finger pointing and ridicule... suffice to say there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth over here.)
  19. iniari-TR Augur

it was a great idea to boost the power of the xorbb's caged hatred powersource .

however the drop rate of the ps and the purity aug needs to be greatly increased. atm there is zero PS in the bazzar and the one purity aug is selling for a million plat. :(
  20. Stubar Augur

I think the real issue here is that Magelo padding will now be 43 pct less effective.