Xorbb 1 raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ormus, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwyn-RoV Augur

@Samtan. I didn't ask for a nerf for Xorbb1. We're putting a day a week or so into it and trying different things. We don't like the idea of having to gate out to deal with the fireballs so I've asked for a Dev reply on it.

It doesn't explain your 'enthusiasm' about this raid and our efforts. As you've not raided with us for over a year and are still tagged Ring of Valor, you seem very informed on the current raiding scene, but really out of touch with the guild your tagged in.

I don't want to suffer what many guilds suffered went through with Seeds of Destruction. Having a half year farming cycle or more KILLS GUILDS. Losing cool people to burnout and rebuilding isn't fun at all and we do this for fun.

As a guildleader, I'm in this for my team long term happiness and health. I want good times raiding when we log on and I don't care if we're ranked 5th, 15th, or 50th. I think guilds like RoI are great guilds, they have very passionate players who do want to be #1, but I don't envy them or their position...

Farming for months and months and months because you beat all the new content in a week isn't where I want to be. Its good to have something to look forward to, so we pace ourselves so we have new content ahead of ourselves as well as behind us. I don't see anything wrong with my guild and don't plan on changing this.

We'll beat xorbb1, just like we've beaten every raid EQ has put in front of us since EQ had its first raids and there aren't many other guilds that have been around as long or has raided as much as we have. Thank you for your concern, now move along.
    Audigy likes this.
  2. krozman Augur

I feel I have a unique perspective on this because we're the only guild that has beat the event since the last patch. We are are a guild that demands a high level of play, but we only raid 3 days a week. So while we don't finish expansions in the top 5, we're ahead of the curve and beat them long before the next so we have a happy medium.

The Xorbb1 raid is painful in a lot of ways. The "intended" path in its current state is not the path of least resistance, and that is probably why the damage is going to be tuned down. We don't use ports or gate or other things because it's not necessary. The only necesary part of the Xorbb1 raid is (1) tank control, and (2) emote following. A lot of planning goes into this event because one failure leads to a complete wipe.

The learning curve is higher than any other event because a few of the mechanics are not intuitive. For example, the fireball can be avoided, but we had a lot of people avoiding it initially, but then running back to the raid without knowing it was still following them. Some people get fireball emotes at the same time as the mino emote, rooting them and forcing the raid to move out of position or face dire consequences.

Once you learn to successfully avoid fireballs (now 1 min into the event), you learn how difficult tanking can be, especially with the whip emotes tied to the Main tanks of findlewill. If your guild doesn't have top notch paladins and warriors this event is going to be a major issue for you in its current state, just going to say that now.

Theres a lot going on and each class has its own approach, but it's "beatable." It's never going to be fun, though because failure is very very easy if even a few of you aren't thinking.
  3. Arwyn-RoV Augur

@krozman, yep.. we know this.. .now its down to practice and whether to compromise our standards or not.
  4. Nocomplaints Elder

Umm did you mean the only new guild since patch to beat it? Cause we beat it again this week on our normal clear.
  5. Shang Augur

I googled that description and got nothing.
  6. iniari-TR Augur

because it doesn't exsist.

1: Gate
    Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
    Mana: 70
    Skill:
    Alteration
    Casting Time: 5
    Recast Time:
    Fizzle Time: 1.5
    Range:
    Time of Day:
    Any
    Fizzle Adj: 25
    Deletable:
    Yes
    Interruptable: Yes
    Target Type:
    Self
    Spell Type: Beneficial
    Category:
    Gate [Self Gates]
    Source: Live 02/11

Game Description
    Opens a magical portal that returns you to your bind point.^0

cast time of 5 sec. is way too long in case of an emergency. -hence the evac spells with zero cast time and transport an entire group in a crisis.
  7. Mikestab Elder

This event does need a looksee. It is buggy and unfun. We do it weekly and it's a groan eyeroll sigh when it is called to move there. I'll be honest we have people who get the fireball emote gate as soon as they get it. If we don't do that it is a wipe every time.
  8. Nocomplaints Elder

sorry to hear that mikestab, i am sure you rather win then wipe over n over though so that strat makes sense to use IMO. I actually enjoy the event, its the only one in expansion you cant sleep through.

I realize this is a t2 event and t3 will be coming out soon. I honestly dont think it is to hard. It is the only event we didnt beat in under 8 tries this whole expansion. thats sad.

Its hard to say what needs to be done to make the event easier, lesson the dmg output from named, or maybe just make it so named dont cross agro, and then the raid can be split into halves 27/27. That would be the easiest ways to make event more viable to more guilds.
  9. Axxius Augur

That's probably why it's unfun for you - gate or cause a wipe. You've beaten the expansion already, you have time and no pressure. Why not even try a different strat? The devs are now aware of the gating thing. It may not work for much longer.
  10. Axxius Augur

IMO the easiest way would be to remove random unavoidable death mechanics. Return the Whip to what it was initially (Mordaur whipping Findlewill's tank, not a totally random person off her hatelist most of whom can't survive 1 round from Mordaur). Make Findlewill weaker for the first few sec after she shadowsteps so that she doesn't just murder random people unlucky enough to be near her new location. She casts a 1 tick rune on herself when she shadowsteps, make that rune debuff her attack. Designs killing random players who did absolutely nothing wrong were abandoned many years ago. It's bizzarre to see such mechanics brought back in 2012.
  11. krozman Augur

I think what people come to expect from raids today is a difficult learning curve, but once the event is known people can relax a bit and enjoy it for what it is. Chapterhouse and Breeding Grounds raids are perfect examples. Xorbb1 will always be a "be on your toes or else" raid. It doesn't help that you must beat this to get access to the other two raids every week.
  12. Jairee New Member

I dont see any need to nerf this. Is it hard...yes.....is it stupid hard, eh not really......once you get people to follow the emotes its really not all that bad. Raiding 3 days a week, 5 days, or 7 doesnt mean a thing, its all about what u do with that time you raid. We are a 5 day a week guild, and after 4 days had only 2 mobs left in the expansion to do, thats including Ntov as well. Why insist on nerfing something rather then getting people in the raid to just follow directions. If it were me, I would insist my members follow emotes and the strats before making knee jerk calls for a nerf. This mob is easy farm once you get it down that first time. Nerfs should happen when things are broke, or not working as initially intended. I have yet to see a dev state that is happening here. This is a raid beatable by any mid tier guild and i can guarentee if left alone more will keep beating it, and i will bet in the next 30 days another guild here on BB will do it......
  13. Samtan Lorekeeper

Yeah, if your tank/healer cores are sub-par, you will struggle mightily with Xxorb 1. We 1-tank brownie without a hitch.
  14. Redrum_Redrum Augur

As for what is needed fixes on this raid several could be addressed including
    The time as which it takes for the zone wide ae to ramp up currently the reason guilds are burning the brownie first is to remove this, the fireballs and chopping block.
    A good fix would be to have the fireball mechanics, blur, whip and chopping block tied to balance of 3-5% every % out of balance ramps up the fireballs, brownie blur/random warp, chop block and mino whip timer. Start all at a same timer of 120 and have the timer cut down by 10% for every % they are outa balance over the 3-5%.
    Another thing is the brownie blur is random as to what person it warps on and needs fixed to either blur and agro the mino tank or have some sorta tank swap emote blur needed like the pig raid this would fix the random dps/healer death.
  15. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Which "we" are you talking about.. Samtan is guilded in RoV.
  16. rohi New Member

13 guilds (over 700 people) have beat this raid, it doesn't need fixed at all. Why do people think something needs fixed because its not a gimmie raid? It's already a very beatable raid, don't ruin the game for people that want some sort of challenge and make it stupid easy.
  17. Samtan Lorekeeper

18. rohi New Member

Which is proving the point even more. All of those guilds have tanked & healed it just fine with the brownie blur. All of those guilds have dps it just fine with the fireball, cracking whip, & chopping blocks. All of those guild followed emotes and figured out the strat instead of asking for a tune and asking for strats.
  19. Xnao Augur

I think kelefane is ignoring you.
    Samtan likes this.
  20. Ronak Augur

It's a sad state of affairs when the only way one can get any sense of accomplishment and self-worth is by holding others down. Even to the point of derailing a thread for 9 pages worth now. I mean no offense, but get over yourselves and think about something besides your own guild for once.
    Imrahil and Khat_Nip like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.