Xorbb 1 raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ormus, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samtan Lorekeeper

And guild #14 just beat Xxorb 1. Congrats to The Darkwind.

Broke? Unbeatable? Nope.

New guilds are still beating it and I applaud these new guilds for beating it before the nerf goes in to give guilds that cant beat it the easy button.

Bad guilds just dont want to put in work. They want stuff handed to them.

So nerfing this raid is a knee-jerk reaction and very premature and its born from the cries and pleas of the bad guilds that know they cant beat it in any timely manner.

Play better. The Darkwind most certainly did ~
  2. Imrahil Augur

Just because some guilds can beat this (grats DW on it), doesn't mean it is really accessible.for more than 15 guilds. If you can't understand that this is bad for the game, then you still live in the world of ten years ago.
    Oh BTW, would you care to tell me in which guild you currently are? Just to gain a perspective.
  3. Recnarp Augur

I don't want another retune of this event until my guild beats it. We're 3 events away from beating the expansion (until T3 of course), and we are only 3 months into the expansion. For a mid-tier guild, I think that's excellent progress if we keep up the same pace. Now if we're still stuck for another month and a half to two months, then I may consider another retune. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I kinda like handicapping myself to mid-tier guilds, because it drags out what little content EQ has these days and still offers up a challenge until next expansion. *shrugs*
    Samtan likes this.
  4. Samtan Lorekeeper

Leave it as it is now, and I guarantee you 20 guilds will have it beat by mid April. We are living in the instant gratification era, dontcha know? Guilds/people that see something as insurmountable do not want to put the work in to figure it out anymore. Wiping 20 times to an event is considered too much these days and these guilds start panicking when that happens and come over here to these boards and cry and whine that the raid is either broke or needs a down tune.

And oh by the way, what happened to the anti-HoT style expansion folks around here? The tone sure has changed a lot since then. Now it seems like a vast majority of people want all easy raids without the work and time involved. Im guessing thats because their guilds landscape has changed and its making them sing different tunes now.
  5. Samtan Lorekeeper

This man knows what hes talking about. I'd feel the same exact way. I would be ashamed for even asking for this raid to be nerfed if my guild hasnt beat it yet. It shows a sign of weakness and that your guild cant cut it.

I'd be doubly ashamed if I was a guildleader of a guild that hasnt beat Xxorb 1 yet posting in this thread asking for a nerf. Nice message your sending to your guild there. You may as well call a guild meeting and tell them they all suck and cant beat it without a nerf.
  6. Imrahil Augur

If that last part is directed at me, you might want to check out when we completed the expansion.

It should tell you something when people from RoI, MS, RF, Triality and some other guilds who have been among the very top during the last years and have all beaten Xorbb 1 say that it needs a retune. You will never hear me argue for too many easy raids at the start of an expansion, but a tuning is needed after 3 months or too much content goes unused. Another tuning most likely needed after further 6 months. As written before: I doubt that even a dozen guilds would have been capable to beat Triunity in its unnerfed state.

Oh and I am still waiting for an answer from what guild you are that you speak with such an authority (even better would be to post a char name). It is so much easier to judge an opinion in context, don't you think?
  7. Explicit Augur

Funny thing about this is that even before whatever nerfs/tuning they do to this event is that it is -still- easier than Pillars, Rubak, or Triunity ever were (at least in my mid-tier guild, those events were nightmares).

Personally, I don't care whether we beat Xorbb 1 before the re-tune or not since we're going to raid it regardless (though I suspect we will win very soon). If we can't manage a win before they tune it again, then ah well...I know I won't be quitting the game over it.

Now, let the internet-genital-measuring contest that is this thread carry on.
  8. Trajet D'Or Augur

1. Thread started by someone in the 9th guild to beat the event.
    2. Post #9, 2nd post supporting a retune from someone in a guild who beat CH 38 days before post but hadn't beaten event.
    3. Post #13 from someone in the same guild as #9 supporting a retune.
    4. Post #27 a Dev posts supporting a retune.
    5. Post #33 & 37, same guild as #9 and #13, supports post #27.
    6. Post #46 & #84 from someone in the 6th guild to beat the event supports retuning it.
    7. Post #51 & #125 from someone in the 8th guild to beat the event supports retuning it.
    8. Post #53 from someone in the 11th guild to beat the event describes what they see as specific issue which implies they support a retune.
    9. Post #79 from someone in the 2nd guild to beat the event supports retuning it.
    10. Post #81 from someone in the 6th guild to beat the event supports post #79.
    11. Post #91, #93 & #109 from someone in the 4th guild to beat the event supports retuning it.
    12. Post #95 states their guild is working on the event and supports retuning it.
    13. Post #103 from someone in a guild who had beaten CH 16 days before post but hadn't beaten the event supports a retune.
    14. Post #119 supports a retune and states they no longer raid.
    Final scorecard: 1 Dev, 7 players who have beaten the event, 5 players from guilds working on the event and 1 player that doesn't currently raid.

Generally guilds want to beat events prior to them being nerfed barring a frustration level working on the event as a few members of Ring of Valor have apparently reached.

7 of the 13 players supporting a retune are either genuinely concerned for guilds that haven't beaten the event or are frustrated with doing the event every week since 3 raid chests require beating this event each week.
  9. Falos Augur

I have no dog in this fight, I am not in a raid guild, I'm a grouper that sticks to doing old school raids / current content named and quests.

I realize anon posting is something that is allowed on these forums, I just hope that anon posters that refuse to disclose their guildtag / mains name hold no influence over the devs. I really hope that devs just automatically dismiss and ignore anything stated or suggested by an anon poster.

I've never seen this raid first hand but when some top notch players are saying theevent should be tuned down some, i'm inclined to believe it and agree with it. There isn't really any content in the group game that is not beatable by it, in fact i've beaten it all multiple times so this doesn't really impact me at all but it seems that the general consensus is a retune of the event is what is best for the health of the game - why fight it? Pride?

EQ is a very very easy, but that doesnt change the fact that finding 54 man rosters that don't have at least one player that will flatout fail to the point of wiping the raid is easier said than done. *Typically* the active hardcore people that frequently stay involved on these forums are above average (or better) in skill and not really a reflection of the normal/ casual playerbase *and yes being a raider can be a casual experience* imo. To be honest i've been on both sides of the fence and raiding is significantly easier than grouping, the only challenge to raiding is assembling a roster that doesnt have a couple players out of 54 that sabotage a raids success with their frequent afk's, crippling lag, or inability to pay attention.
  10. Shang Augur

Mostly agree with this.

I've done the raid, and I support a retune.

You likely have a few weeks to beat it before the patch. I guess if it's important to you, grind it out hard now.
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

Seeing as forum accounts are tied to play accounts there is no reasonable basis to assume any forum poster is anon to the Devs. If they choose to use play characters as a basis to weigh the merits of a post there is every reason to believe they can easily learn the identity of the poster.

If an account is anon to players, well that's pretty much the intention of letting players choose a forum handle. If the Devs want to weigh an opinion based on whether or not other players know the identity of the poster that would be an incredibly poor metric for evaluating feedback.
  12. Trajet D'Or Augur

Exactly, the 3 posters supporting a retune prior to the Dev post aren't the reason it's being retuned. The dozen people supporting a retune after the Dev post have very limited impact on the timing and/or extent of that retune.

Raids will be changed when the Devs consider it appropriate. In this case you even have a 3 week warning when Xorbb1 will most likely be changed to adjust your raid schedule as you choose whether that's farm pre-Xorbb1 content until a patch or drop other raids to increase your chances of beating the pre-nerf version.
  13. Zaph Augur

+1 for this event needs a good seeing to, its horrible.

Yes, im in a guild that beats it every week, and I don't think many more will. - very surprised to learn Darkwind recently did however.
  14. Trajet D'Or Augur

Darkwind took just under 7 months from beating Argath to Sep5. The 12 other guilds who beat it that fast or faster have beaten Xorbb3. The Silent Minority is the only guild that took longer Argath to Sep5 than Darkwind that has beaten Xorbb3.
  15. Nudia Augur

Clone the script in its current form and leave it available for the people that want the moral victory. The raid may be beatable by some of these non-optimal or sub-par rosters, but I can't imagine its enjoyable for most of the members suffering through it.

I'm happy to have beaten it before any severe changes have been made, but it's not some grand achievement I'll be regaling to my grandchildren in 30 years.

I still think people are ignoring the fact that this is not a top-of-the-mountain raid and it's not intended to be a gatekeeper. It's right near the middle of what is going to be, at most, the 2nd top tier of this expansion. It's not some grand achievement that signifies winning EQ, it just grants people the opportunity to give the other half of this expansion a shot.
    Adaire likes this.
  16. Ronak Augur

They've always tuned down difficult events a few months post-release. The sky isn't falling. Your success will still remain your success. You don't need to hold down the little guy to feel better about yourself. You don't need to perpetuate a mindset that has greatly assisted this game in dropping from 500+ raid organizations to 80 or less, game-wide.

Get good? I think you mean get bad, as in bad idea for the game.
  17. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

I Just want to thank you Ormus for starting this thread. At one point I was thinking of making a thread about this event for entertainment purposes only but all I would have said is "Xrobb one, your thoughts." and let the entertainment begin. And it has not disapointed LOL. I KNEW a thread about this event would bring out the Epeen, Accusation flying, Name calling and Insult throwing. Because if you know some of the peoples mind sets who play EQ, its SO easy to push there buttons. But I decided against it because I didn't want to be an instigator and took the high road. (I contriubute that to quitting drinking hehe)
    Without a doubt this has been the most entertaining thread of the year! What is it id guess at? About 7 or 8 actual posts out of 7 pages so far are actually productive posts about this event?!?! Could not have perdicted that would have happened! LOL! ;)

Anyways, This thread has progressed as far as it can go. Locking it! :D
    I wonder how many more pages and posts it will go before its locked?
  18. Explicit Augur

The elitist attitude some people have toward this game is mind-blowing. It'd be understandable if this was say... something like League of Legends, DOTA 2, Counter-Strike...hell, any number of REAL competitive games. But Everquest? Please, get over yourself - this is about as casual as it gets.
    Recnarp likes this.
  19. Xeladom Augur

I just read the description on the spell "Gate". Right there at the bottom it says...
    "This spell is never to be used to remove your character from a harmful situation. Only to be used if you are in a restful state and feel like traveling to your bind zone"

Case closed?
    Axxius likes this.
  20. Explicit Augur

Opens a magical portal that returns you to your bind point
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.