Xorbb 1 raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ormus, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ormus Elder

I feel the Xorbb 1 raid needs a tune. Is the raid beatable? Yes. Is it fun? No.
    Reduce the damage on the 2 named would be the main fix required. We would love to be able to be able to tank / kill both at the same time.
    As well, the event is randomly reseting. This week had it reset with the named at 2% for no reason that we was able to determine. Last week reset for no reason around 15%.
  2. Noobieguy Augur

It is easier than it was, they have changed some things. But the Fireball emote "fix" is not working, instead of only the ones who are getting the fireball, the new emote goes to the whole raid lol
  3. Gragas Augur

Who does not tank/kill them at about the same time? The huge penalty for killing one or the other first should be a big hint to kill them fairly close to each other time wise? Biggest problem seems to be some people not paying attention and fireballing the raid to death.

Never seen it randomly reset, but if you are not tanking both, maybe something there?

They do hit a bit hard, and AE ramp on the shrinking dude on event 2 still sucks too.
  4. Axxius Augur

Is there a connection between the changes to the Chopping Block, a TR member admitting that they GATE when put on the Chopping Block, and your post with a sudden concern about a raid that you had already beaten before this latest change? ;)

Have you tried NOT GATING? I know, a crazy idea. But it might just fix your problems. :rolleyes:
  5. Hatsee Augur

What are you doing when it resets? I have never seen a reset while the mobs are active and engaged, so I'm curious what's going on.
  6. Axxius Augur

Emote target not found -----> reset.

Remember gate and succor not working in Veeshan's Peak? That's what should be done in Xorbb 1 too.

If I were a dev I would make the insta-gate potion cast zonewide AE DT in this particular dz. :p
  7. Hatsee Augur

Oh, so it's sort of like that mythical dye in pools that only shows up when you pee?
  8. Elricvonclief Augur

I agree, it would be nice to see a retune on Xorbb 1.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wouldn't work, how would it know the difference between dead and gated out?

It needs a retune to make it more viable to tank both mobs at the same time, not every guild can go into these events with a shed loads of tanks and healers and get it dead super quick.
  10. Shang Augur

Most people leave a corpse when they die.
  11. Axxius Augur

That's already been said before and agreed. Findlewill in particular. Multiple fireballs autodotting anybody around + shadowstep + single rampage = this mob is total hell to tank and dps. I heard that more changes are coming though.

What's funny about this thread is that TR seems to have massive issues with this raid now. Because the exploit they used to beat it before no longer works, or produces side effects. :p

Who kills them 'super quick'? I doubt that. Bringing a bunch of tanks and healers doesn't help with quick killing at all.

Unless you consider 20 min super quick. For us it used to be about 20 min fight. Shorter now because the Executioners are less of a distraction.
  12. Audigy Elder

I very much agree the damage both tanks take could be reduced to allow for us to have better healing split on the event.

The other issue I like to see is some fix that can allow us to control who's next or knows on argo as Findlewill drops argo and shadow-steps to next random target.
  13. Straahdx Augur

What is argo?
  14. CaptAmazing Augur

They need to tone down group events first. EW2, CH2, GP2, Evantil2. Raids have already gotten some attention.
  15. Xnao Augur

According to google it is a movie starring ben affleck,
    Straahdx likes this.
  16. Samtan Lorekeeper

13 guilds have beat this raid so far. 13 guilds have finished this first set of content in RoF. So we are right on schedule in terms of # of guilds finishing all of the raids that the devs put in front of us. My guild has beat Xxorb 1 the last 5 times without wiping to it for example and we are not in the top 5 serverwide. So this is proof that this raid is easily farmable.

And dont forget, Xxorb 1 is suppose to be a Gatekeeper type raid. These kinds of raids are never easy. You'll feel a lot better about yourself and your guild by beating this in its current form instead of waiting for the devs to nerf it because your guild has more bad players than other guilds have.

Thats not a shot at anyone, its the truth. If soandso guild cannot beat something within 10 attempts they want an easy button to see it dead. Its refreshing to see a raid like this in current EQ.

So for the guilds that have not beaten this yet, do you want bragging rights by beating it in its current form? Or do you just want the devs to hand you a win by nerfing this? The former is more impressive, the latter, not so much.

Your guild will be better off and overall better by beating this raid in its current form. Its a great morale booster. Unless of course, you want the devs to nerf it and hand you a win and your guild stays status quo (ie bad)
    Kaylord101 likes this.
  17. Corlen-Xeg Elder

I think the whip emote is the worst. Get that and I pretty much know I'm gonna die.
  18. Gragas Augur

As a class that can only fade once every 12:30 I agree.
  19. Axxius Augur

Fading won't save you unless you manage to fade after he summons you but before he kills you which is a lottery with rather bad odds.
  20. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

the problem isnt the fireball or the eye dot or the chopping block. the problem is the mino hits for 750k from the word go making him untankable WITH out deflections. His AE rampage slaughters every one with in range when it goes off
  21. iniari-TR Augur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.