Xegony - Casual Guild Alliance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RandyLahey, May 20, 2018.

1. RandyLahey Elder

Hello,

Looking for casual guild leaders on Xegony to get a hold of me to possibly set up an alliance so we can set up some sort of channel to get groups/possible raids going. I've already started with Soul Asylum and they are on board. I think this could benefit everyone.
    Yimin and Maedhros like this.
  2. RandyLahey Elder

I currently have backing from Soul Asylum and Twilight Blades. Looking for others. Get a hold of me in game or otherwise I will reach out personally. Just so everyone knows this isn't a ploy to recruit. I just want a shared channel for all casual guilds so we can all pool resources for all our members to find groups. That's all. I think it's important
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Zaviere Augur

Would definitely love to see more raid activity happening on the server, especially for those in smaller and more casual guilds who really want to see some raid content.

Good luck with this endeavor, Randy and others who get involved!
  4. Yimin Augur

Randylahey you can call your all alliance the Gathering of Banners , G.O.B for short ...

YiMin
  5. xcitng Augur

Randy, that sounds like a great thing to do to help people in small guilds :)
  6. Lianeb Augur

I agree I may not be in one of the targeted guilds but I am more than willing to help out or attend on an alt.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think the open raids being held by MS each Saturday fit this bill right now. I know if MS runs open raids then casual players are going to get loot. Starting a raid alliance right now will probably interfere with the MS open raids and in the end people may get nothing.

Maybe starting this now is not the best time? Revisit it when the MS open raids stop? Or did something happen last Saturday?

As for the ploy to recruit thing. Well you did start up MGBs in Nexus for everyone then give up on that after a month. Now that you gave up on that you are talking raid alliance. It does sort of look like you are hopping from idea to idea to try and boost your numbers. If you at least wail until MS open raids stop you won't be muddying the waters. Just a suggestion.

But to a raid alliance work at this point you need to get more raiders like Lianeb to participate. I would concentrate on getting some raiders to help out and form a training cadre. On the plus side this is the beginning of the summer slow down and raiders won't be nearly as busy. On the downside this is the start of the summer slow down when we generally have the lowest numbers online. And I also suggest not allowing any boxes on the raids.

In a perfect world the best time to start an open raid alliance would be just after a server merger but I don't see those happening.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade though. You'll just have to see if you can get the overall numbers without boxes. All the casual guilds numbers look good before you take away boxes.
  8. xcitng Augur

Randy did several MGBs in Nexus last night, he has had internet problems but he has still been doing MGBs
  9. Cicelee Augur

Someone is quite petty...
    Sheex, xcitng and Sancus like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No just seen it all before. At least I assume you were talking about my suggestions on helping make a raid alliance work :)
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I saw the one time but he did say in general chat that some "variables" had changed so he wouldn't be doing them. *shrugs*
  12. Bahdah Augur

Randy... Good job on buffs! #movetolobby

I could possibly lend a hand on an alt for raids.. who knows.
  13. RandyLahey Elder

I wasn't necessarily talking bout a raid alliance..moreso just looking for a central place for grouping, but yes if we could get some raids going I certainly wouldn't be opposed.

Corwyhn - I still MGB at times..I stopped most of the time because I'm not going to sit there and post MGB messages in general on top of you because I'm not a child. I generally do it off hours now. The whole "casual alliance" thing has been an idea of mine for quite a while and since the lag pile has moved my priorities have changed. It's called multitasking and adjusting priorities based on variables.

If you don't want to participate, that's fine. I just figured it would be good to have a central place for casuals to get together and communicate. If that's such a bad thing, sue me :p. It sounds like you feel as though I have some sort of ulterior motive, which you are welcome to your opinion. Opinions are like a^^holes. Everybody has one :p.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I am 100% behind an essentially open casual raid force... but in my opinion it needs to start at an old but viable expansion. Raid mechanics need to be followed. I would also take our current open MS raids into count. Maybe work these on a wed/Thursday night time frame. Think of stuff from old expansions that are still vianle today. Rk3 spells/disc’s, RoF twincast thing etc. Get Gina triggers set up and I’m sure people will show up.
  15. RandyLahey Elder

Agreed. Definitely wouldn't be current content if it comes to that point. I will keep working on getting it all set up and go from there. I appreciate the support!
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So a channel where people could say they are looking for a group? Like General chat? Unless we groupers have secrets to keep from raiders why not use general chat to get groups? If you are talking raids, which you did mention in your original post, a separate channel makes more sense.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

I think its time we had an old school WWF (yeah I know its WWE now) cage fight featuring you two. It will include the classic aluminum... I mean steel chairs and all the fake... I mean real blood the human body can supply. The hard part will be figuring out your stage names and of course a classic 80 hair band song that people wish they had never heard. We can setup a twitch or what ever these kids are doing these days and sell tickets and use that money to buy the developers a coffee card or something :)
  18. xcitng Augur

Having a channel for groupers from different small guilds brings people closer together, get to know each other, make plans together, etc., it's far more personal than general chat, just like guild chat is.
  19. p2aa Augur

I don't see how the OP's idea is threatening existing open raid or casual guilds recruitment.
    From what I read, open raid happens saturday. What if some casual players want others options than Saturday, because they cannot raid saturday ? Also, I fail to see this alliance raid leaders leading current content raids better than some MS raid leaders who know EoK and RoS content. So even if this alliance would try to tackle EoK / RoS raids, the casual players would find more luck getting current raid loot and beating content with MS open raid than with this alliance.
    Also, he says his primary idea is to make a grouping tool for casual players of various guilds, raiding being a bonus. I don't see this as a way to poach from other guilds. What would his guild has to offer better than other casual guilds ? Casual guilds do groups in group content, they don't need some people from other guilds to go raid stuff.
  20. Allayna Augur

MS plans to host open raids every Saturday during farm season.

We are taking this coming weekend off for the holiday...gotta work on meh tan!

I know several members of MS who would like to raid on their alts with other guilds on the server.