Xegony Buff Pile

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, May 5, 2018.

1. Yimin Augur

I have toons on different servers and I have never been laged out getting back to a raid because buff were in Guild Lobby ...Also not many are trade skilling in guild Lobby compared to POK also guild lobby has very few NPC ...

Yi Min
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I know it can handle more people, I only refer to the fact peoples computer cant.

Say an average of 50 people in pok, add in the amount of art/flair is in the zone, all the npcs etc. All that takes load time. I dont care where the pile is, I really dont, as I pass over it I toss my buffs out.

Other zones with less stuff in it can and I’m sure helps other people with a lesser pc.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  3. Geroblue Augur

I was going back around the big bank to avoid the lag pile near the guild lobby. Good thing I read this, I'll go the other way now.

Of course, I did make the suggestion years ago to put doors on the throne rom in GL. Then everyone could move around the rest of GL without lag of any kind.
    Niskin likes this.
  4. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Thanks for the buffs!
  5. Yimin Augur

No server I play on where guild lobby is the buff pile has lag so bad you can zone into GGH or GH end of story ...

Yi Min
    Sindaiann and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  6. RandyLahey Elder

Agreed. Solves all problems plus buffs don't tick down..just sayin
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I can't follow your complaints about a "buff pile" anywhere.
    What i CAN follow is that people are in the way of someone doing tradeskills near small bank in PoK, yes.
    (yet so are 3people doing tradeskills gathering at a NPC or the two petowners clustering themselves around the parcel NPC)

But speaking of "lag" from characters simply standing around is just false. ANY problem you might experience with that (be it in PoK or Lobby or elsewhere) are purely client-side.
    There is absolutely no need (impaired movement aside) to talk people into going to some secluded place to gather in the hopes of MGBs.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Visual lag is a real thing. Over a hundred AFK characters are gathered into small location, each with their own customization (face and hair selections, armor appearance, weapon and shield ornaments, textures, particle effects, illusions), some of them with pets and mercenaries out. I don't have a weak processor or video card, especially for a game like EverQuest, and I still get visual lag at the buff pile.

Just because you haven't experienced a thing, that does not mean that thing doesn't exist. The buff pile is a nuisance to the people who do experience this, whether you believe it or not, because it does exist.
    xcitng and Geroblue like this.
  9. xcitng Augur

Totally agree, some people just don't want, or refuse to see that tho
  10. Sindaiann Augur

First time for everything. I actually agree with Yimin

We have zero issues with buffing in the Guild Lobby. Buffing in POK is crazy talk
    I understand others have issues with the lag pile in the guild lobby however it is computer related. My laptop is 7 years old and hates the lag pile in the lobby. My desktop however laughs at it.
  11. Lianeb Augur

Video lag is real.
    With the addition of the ts merchants near the little bank having the buff pile there made it harder (not impossible) to do long TS runs. I know autocombine would stop after a few combines due to lag there. Turning around to move from one container to another or to the bank was the worst part. Believe it or not moving people to the big bank has helped a lot in this regard. I still prefer the lobby because it is just a pass through zone, but I am ok with it near the big bank
    Yimin and Allayna like this.
  12. Pano Augur

The days at looking at the floor + map to do TS are hopefully over. Nexus or the lobby would be a better choice, PoK has always been a terrible place to have so many afk people.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Look, this is a forum. Where words matter. Not some Fox-News show where opinions are broadcast as "facts" without crosschecking.
    "lag" refers to something that has to do with TCP (or whatever protocol is used) packets and their speed from point A to B - i.e. from server to client and back, sometimes (as with chat-lag probably) with some processing in between.
    What you are describing is purely client (and settings-) related.
    It has nothing whatsoever to do with "lag".

Yes, what you describe exists and is noticeable. Just how much entirely depends on you, your computer and the settings you use..
    But you zone in, do one 360degree and it's gone because all the needed graphics/textures are loaded.

Have problems? Think you got a powerful enough computer and enough RAM so that that is not the core of your issue?
    Experiment with your settings then some instead of asking "hundreds" of people to accommodate you and your lack of knowledge?!
    I for example only notice what you describe if i have several processes access my HDD(!!! i'm not even using a SSD for EQ as so many do these times) at the same time, regardless of the number of characters or their placement in any zone.

I think it's asked MUCH that other people should change just so you and others can go with your ignorance.
    The tradition i grew up in teaches "your freedom ends where mine begins" and when i see this topic and "problem" discussed here i ask myself: Which is the greater bother? A bunch of people sitting on some non-combat area, doing nothing but afk, or someone trying to get them to change their habits simply because he cannot properly adjust to a situation HE experiences?
    Guess that's where we differ - the people that have opened this thread and the other before it and chime in experiencing this problem seem to think "all should serve me"; i am more on the "help you to help yourself" side, most of the time.

And before anyone asks:
    Yes, i have created a character on Xegony for the express purpose of a little snapshot"research" for this post, gone there at what should be prime time for your timezone with my level2 character fresh out of the tutorial and saw the "lag pile" you speak about that we'd laugh about on AB and saw nothing amiss, with a client running on an overloaded core on my old machine to boot.
    So much drama, over nothing!
  14. Bahdah Augur

Rank 3 though.. Im high class like that. /stickfigures=1 ftw! /duck
  15. Allayna Augur

Drama...that like chiming in on something that has no effect on you?

Question: Should I have to reduce my gaming experience to lowest visual settings just to zone into PoK?
    Should the entire server?

Nvidia GTX 1070
    8gb gfx
    16 gb ram
    quadcore 2.8ghz
    ssd

^ experienced the display lag when zoning to pok...oh and running on 75/75 fiberoptic.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Frankly spoken, i think your issue is the drama here.
    And your pushing other people to accomodate you just so you can go on as you want to.
    As i noted above, i have been to your server during it's prime time and just before and i have no issue with my performance.
    It's a freaking LOW number of players gathered there too, compared to AB's guild lobby most of the time.
    The only problem, which you only mention in passing though and thus is NOT your "core issue" obviously, that i see with some people gathering at small bank is the accessibility of the TS-NPCs.
    But moaning because of graphics "lag"... get real!

The entire "problem", if you experience any, sits completely on your end and your end alone.
    I do not care about hardware specs, it's in the settings for each computer system to find the optimium for THAT hardware-setup and player.
    If you feel your experience should be more fluent at your settings than it is, then direct your attention to where it belongs: the Devs. Describe your issue in bugs and try to get them to resolve them.
    But really...
    Expecting all the others to accommodate you is like you driving on the left lane on the Autobahn at a mere 80km/h, blocking everyone from driving their 200km/h simply because you enjoy the car-free view from behind your wheel. Who cares about the 40km jam gathering behind you, right?
    In other words: WAY out of proportion!
  17. Bahdah Augur

I guess Zhaunil speaks for everyone on OUR server. If he don't experience anything, MAJORITY of the people on Xeg don't eh? I can careless about that little buff service thats going on on Xeg I don't use it but I will say it had to been a lot better in Lobby. Besides... you can just gate and be at the buff spot and not run to the buff spot o.0
    Pano likes this.
  18. Allayna Augur

Lol, so angry...with those capslocks and exclamation points, lot of hate for something on a server that you don't play on.

Good chatting with you, it has made the EQ downtime entertaining to say the least.
    I expect nothing.
    The lag pile has moved once before and it has again, I was merely thanking those that do the buffs for doing so.
    Since you aren't from this server you don't understand...obviously in your statement of where they gathered...it wasn't at the small bank it was by the tree right outside the lobby. That previous gathering point would create graphic models to load slowly when loading in from the lobby, it would also interrupt auto-combines at the small bank TS area.

I'm quite shocked at the attention a simple thank you thread has created.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I am not angry, i am lacking understanding.
    And yes, this thread you thanked ppl for accommodating you - your whine/complaint/demand/drama was in another thread before this that has already left me shaking my head in disbelief.
    There talk was about "small bank" that's why i - seeking a possible problem with a "pile" - posted as i did above.

And yes i am not from your server, but i actually went to it in an effort to understand - only to find that there IS nothing to understand.
  20. Allayna Augur

So you went to where the pile used to be and saw no lag?

[IMG]