Xegony Buff Pile

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, May 5, 2018.

1. Allayna Augur

Has moved to behind the big bank, ty Corwyhn.
    Lilybeme likes this.
  2. RandyLahey Elder

Glad my MGBing in Nexus had an effect. Everyone can tell me all day long it didnt, but as long as it's been happening where it was it's funny it was just moved after I've been MGBing in Nexus. Hopefully this will help the lag.
  3. RandyLahey Elder

Also I'd like to add that moving the pile into a different location in PoK likely won't help. It needs to be moved out of PoK. I'd like to ask everyone on Xegony to help me move this to Nexus. I've already started and have most all classes needed to MGB. Buffs also don't tick down in Nexus. Having piles in PoK or GL is pointless. Lets move it to a zone that is far less traveled. I already have a good group of folks thats come out for MGBs there. I will continue MGBing in Nexus. Considering I MGB these days about twice as much as Corwyhn I'd say help me out and lets effect change. Jump on the bandwagon! Keep in mind I am looking to help the folks that are sick of waiting for graphics to load when zoning into PoK or just moving around PoK in general. I'm not doing this for me. I'm doing this for everyone else. Before anyone comes in with the usual "Oh, buy a new computer" complaint, I will just say that maybe some can't afford a new computer :p
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

First off, thank you Randy for doing that in the Nexus, I also believe it's better off in a different place than PoK. I understand the reason behind it anyways.

I'll use some simple math: Pok has 9999 items/players etc to load each time for a person to zone in. Guild lobby has 200, Nexus has 200. That would mean less lag, as less items are in the zone that require loading. This is in regards to NPC's, art, etc.

I wi;ll support the pile when and where ever it is, but the people need to accept change.
  5. xcitng Augur

before randy started doing mgbs in the nexus there were very few mgbs happening in pok anymore, but the pile that was started there way back stayed and created a lot of lag for a lot of people ... thank you randy for trying to help them
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Randy to be honest I always felt you were just out searching for an issue to hang your hat on. This pretty much confirms it. You started your guild under questionable circumstances and I have no reason not to question your latest crusade. I have been doing MGBs for years. All of a sudden after stealing a large portion of toons from your old guild you have become a crusader for life, liberty and the pursuit of MGBs. I don't buy it.

And as for doing MGBs I have been doing them for years to help people out and I will continue doing them. When you have been doing them for years then we will talk :)

And I hope you keep doing MGBs in the end no matter your reasons for doing them the players on the server benefit from more MGBs so its a win for them either way.

The server as a whole has been very happy with the new MGB spot so let's give it a rest. There has only been one person complaining and I figure they will complain no matter what happens.
    Lilybeme likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thank you for the kind words and support Allayna. It is unfortunate some others will never be happy.
  8. RandyLahey Elder

I'm going to post one reply to this and just let it be after that. As far as your "starting my guild under questionable circumstances" comment, I started Team Ramrodd because I was a co-leader of DR and changes I was trying to make as far as events and general leadership were causing issues that the other leader(s) didn't agree with. Half the guild went with me, I think that speaks for itself. Don't talk about things you know nothing about. Talking about my guild and the "questionable circumstances" you speak of seem a little immature. Just sayin.

I have long been beating the move the lag pile drum. The fact when I brought it up in general the response I got was "Allayna asked me nicely so I moved it". is a farse. I'm sure I'm not the first person that had issues with it where it was, I was just the first one to do something about it. I'm glad you've finally moved it and hopefully that will alleviate the lag issues.

I will also add that there were weeks where I would only see 1 or 2 MGBs a day from you(if that..several days I saw no MGBs). I was trying to add the MGB service for others as well as do my part to move the pile. I think my efforts have been effective and I will continue to MGB in Nexus when I can. Just because it's been moved doesn't mean I'm going to stop.

Well this is the last I'm gonna say about it. Think what you will. I have bigger fish to fry :)
  9. RandyLahey Elder

TY ..if you ever need a spare tree branch lemme know :p
  10. RandyLahey Elder

Also since I apparently can't edit my original reply I will say throwing my motives into making Team Ramrodd into a forum post about the lag pile seems kinda petty, wouldn't you say? :p I use the term "motives" loosely as you weren't in DR at the time and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Petty? No. Pretty much the way I saw it. And Allayna asking me was the tipping point. Sorry if that bothers you just telling it as it was. It surely wasn't your doing Randy whatever you want to think.

You've stated in gen chat your guild won't become a raid guild. You have been asking for level 100+ players then 90+ as that didn't garner much. What were these big differences you had that had you take half the players?

I've been running a guild for 19 years now. I started doing my MGBs 3 or so years ago maybe a bit more and that was because a friend who used to MGB in POK druid buffs and offer ports had vanished. His name was Wanderinglefty. You started a guild and very shortly after that came up with the save pok buff in nexus thing and decided to use me as your straw man. I am always suspicious of anyone who becomes overly self righteous.

After speaking to Allayna I decided to move my buff spot to where he suggested behind the big bank. I looked the spot over seemed to be very little near it and so made the move. Been doing extra buffs to get the ones lagging behind (pund intended) in the old pile.

Now you didn't even wait to see if the move made a big difference or not. Why? Because you still wanted the issue to hang your hat on. Randy here to save the day. I get it. It was never really about the buff pile or the lag as far as I am concerned. Feel free to keep saying otherwise.

And I too am happy to leave it at that now. Well unless you decide to keep this going :)
  12. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

This thread is just packed with cringe from both major parties. Good job guys.

But seriously, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to do MGBs and lag out PoK, the game's primary tradeskill hub.

The only reason I can think of is so that everybody on that server could gaze upon those responsible, as they bask in their own sense of self-importance.

[IMG]
  13. xcitng Augur

Agree
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Luckily with the new spot pok doesn't get lagged out.

I am all for more buffing. Randy wants to buff in Nexus then great do that. More buffs for the server.

But this lagging out the pok zone... the only issue that ever occurred was some lag in the immediate area of the buffs. Any zone you toss 30 afk toons in small area MIGHT suffer a bit of lag on old systems. I don't think behind the big bank is an area vital to anyone. Most on the server support the new location and I have gotten many tells in support of the new location with some wondering why we bothered moving to it..

Why this ever got brought to the forums by Randy is beyond me except that this is all about Randy.

I am more then confident that an extra 30-40 toons in PoK will not lag out the zone. Unlike Randy I checked out several things on another server that doesn't do buffing in PoK. No difference in zoning in to pok, zoning out of it and the only time you get any lag is running right into the buff pile.

Anyway sorry to the rest of the forum readers who end up reading through this. Hopefully it was a distraction of some kind from actual real problems in Everquest. And my apologies this might have gone away faster if I said nothing but I have never been a turn the other cheek sort of person I am more of a load a fresh clip sort of guy :)
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So you say pok has 9999 items. So lets add the average 30-40 people that hang out afk in the buff area. So instead of 9999 it has 1039. I can see how that might make a big difference. Not.

PoK was actually made to handle a larger number of players.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just Wow.
  17. Yimin Augur

Best place for buff pile is in Guild Lobby ......

Yi Min
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. xcitng Augur

POK also has a lot of people going there to do ts and/or get ts items, many people use the stein, gate, teleport, etc. to go there often, so add all of that and the number there gets much higher.

No matter where the pile is in pok adding more still makes more lag, also it affects people that do not have better graphic cards and zone in with everything grey.

It would be really nice of DB if they would just block MGBs being done there to help the people that have problems.
    Yimin likes this.
  19. EnchFWO Augur

Um no... that would make running to the GHall for raids or after death a nightmare even worse than the inconvenience of POK lag.

This thread makes me wish someone would take this same initiative on Bristlebane. I'd imagine it's probably close to the Xegony situation.
  20. xcitng Augur

That is why The Nexus was a good choice
    EnchFWO likes this.