Wurmslayer and Warrior Stuff

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Themisto, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Themisto New Member

Any chance anyone can confirm how the (EoK) Wurmslayer works with warrior Disc/AA if it does at all?

I want to know if its worth it for my warrior to Tank with it and shield or if i should find a better dmg/delay weapon ?

IE Defensive Proficiency ?
  2. josh Augur

Can wait for someone who knows more about specific warrior abilities, but i know it doesn't stack at all with pain doesn't hurt. it will partially stack with other melee guard abilities and fully stack with everything else. it partially stacks with the melee guard on defensive proficiency.

defensive proficiency for warriors have a melee guard of 5% for a max of 2k. wurmslayer absorbs 100% of damage up to 1750. so, if you are hit for less than 35k (1750/.05 = 35000). than wurmslayer will absorb more damage than defensive proficiency.

basically, the softer a mob hits the better wurmslayer is. wurmslayer excels in group content where you are tanking multiple trash mobs and you don't have PDH up

Just so there's no confusion, i am not saying anything about the 12% damage mitigation from defensive proficiency, that stacks with wurmslayer and since it is applied before melee guard, the damage you are looking for to determine whether or not wurmslaer would be better than another melee guard would be after you've subtracted the 12% from defensive proficiency.
    Brohg likes this.
  3. Ocbeefy New Member

From what I understand and have observed in-game, you should use Wurmslayer when PDH is down since that's pretty much the only thing it doesn't stack with. Otherwise, use your Warrior weapon. Bandolier is your friend.
  4. p2aa Augur

Wurmslayer's Guard and Defensive Proficiency II 5 % mitigation effect up to 2 k hit are on the same SPA, SPA 162. You can use both at same time, but the effect won't stack.Only the one who gives you the least amount of dmg will take effect.

Warriors have another SPA 162 AA that they can keep for a long time and is not far to be sustainable, it's Brace for Impact.
    16 % mitigation when the brace proc with a 300 % rate mod, it proc very often, with a damage cap of 150000. So you can absorb a full mob round of hit when it proc.No max dmg per hit too, so the 16 % applies fully. Try to time and keep PDH for when Brace for Impact is down and you wait for the refresh time, so you can have a constant SPA 162 mitigation stuff without needing to carry Wurmslayer 100 % of the time. For hits over 10 937, Brace for Impact will be better than Wurmslayer's Guard.

So in conclusion, Wurmslayer is still worthwhile for us, but not to the point to not replace it with lvl 110
    weapons. It's still a good secondary option to have for when you encounter mobs that hit in the low range like group content and it's a constant mitigation while Brace for Impact is still relying on procs, so even if Brace for Impact nearly up all the time, it won't be there 100 %.
    Also, this weapon has probably more value for lvl 110 group gear warriors than lvl 110 raid gear warriors.
    Thoxsel and Tucoh like this.
  5. DruidCT Augur

What group weapon would you replace it with from RoS? Right now I can't see replacing it while using a shield. But I honestly haven't looked at what is available as I am just picking up whatever drops as as we go through progression and VP keying.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Previous posters covered the stacking of Wurmslayer's Guard with Brace for Impact + Pain Doesn't Hurt. Keep in mind that if you look at the hits you're typically receiving in group content, you'll very frequently get hits where wurmslayer provides more mitigation than Brace for Impact.

Even with PDH running, it's still a really good weapon for group geared tanks in RoS because:
    1. It's got more AC than any other group weapon
    2. It's got a better ratio than any other 1H group weapon
    3. It's got a higher damage than any other group weapon (it's super slow), which increases riposte damage.

There is, however, an argument to use a different weapon based on procs ex:
    1. Blade of Sathir if you're boxing a warrior and want him to be hands off as possible.
    2. Cutlass of the Sebilisian Armada If you want a stun weapon.
    3. Darkened Journeyman's Walking Stick if you want to guarantee malo gets on the mob your warrior is hitting.

Personally, my warrior spends most of his time dual wielding Wurmslayer + Darkened Journeyman's Walking Stick.
    Brohg, DruidCT and Thoxsel like this.
  7. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Well put, agreed. :)
  8. DCPD158 Elder

Blade of Sathir
    Cutlass of the Sebilisian Armada

Looked for where both of these dropped. Could you point me in the right direction. Thanks
  9. Tucoh Augur

I picked up a cutlass in VP, but I forget from which mob (sorry).
  10. Narogg Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/recipe.html?recipe=55424
    Conflagrant War Sword
  11. Chorus Augur

I'm not a warrior main, so grain of salt here... On my warrior box, I used it to counter the riposte buff some of the sarnak mobs have due to its delay, but even with EoK weapons, I would use other ones over it most of the time. I never felt a need for it in any other situation.