WTS taking over General Chat

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheebea, Oct 3, 2022.

1. demi Augur

they might have difficulty fixing the pp cap in baz .. but they could add Noble's as an accepted currency in the baz and even Krono's .. i doubt it would take much to add those in .. as far as code goes.. Nobles cost 102k pp per noble .. and when the baz seller wants to trade/sell those back the Noble merchant buys them back for 100k so DB already has the vig being taken out.

i dont know im sure they can do it if they wanted to .. especially now that parts of the game are 64bit client ? and the UI changes coming soon(ish) .. hopefully we see some results
    Fenthen, Agrippa and Bernel like this.
  2. Bernel Augur

Lots of vendors take alternate currency, like the Marks of Valor or whatever. It seems like they could add something similar for the bazaar/barter, where you could price your item in PP or in Nobles. Just make Nobles have the same buy-sell value. I never really understood why there was a difference in their buy/sell price. Or come up with a new currency where vendors buy/sell it for exactly 100k PP per currency unit.
  3. Cerryn Journeyman

A month or two ago I had done some basic parsing of a weeks worth of logs.
    Found that somewhere around 68% of General chat was spam message on the varieties.
    • WTS
    • WTB
      • Kronos WTB the largest set
      • Blood-Soaked a close second
    • Guild Recruit (the spam kind)
    • PLing services
    Had to do this on a new character as mine already /ignore'd all of those who did this.
    Coagagin and Sheebea like this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

So, you want to FORCE everyone to be in the channel whether or not they have any desire to get spammed with overpriced WTS?
    Coagagin and Bigstomp like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

An auction channel that works everywhere on a server is a good idea however forcing everyone to join it is a bad idea. It should be just like the other channels that people have the option of joining if they chose to.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If that was an easy fix I would ask why they did not do it when they introduced Nobles into the game in the first place.
  7. demi Augur

they force you to look at " you are hungry and need food /drink spam .. they force alot of text on peeps .. they can either move said auction channel into a window and minimize it like everyone does for other spam chat or they could have a filter under chat to not display it .. either way .. they could make it so you have the ability to join or not join the channel doesnt really matter .. but it does need to be addressed ..

I use general to sell items but I try to only advertise once an hour usually ..

also why dont they allow links in socials ? would be nice !!
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Food and drink spam are not the same thing as being forced to join a channel that you can't leave. There is no reason for most people to be in the channel and even if you forced it on everyone that won't make them use it. If they create an auction channel it should be just like all the other general channels that they create for people.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Lots of talk about people being forced to do this and that. Here are a few ideas.

1. Put the folks that annoy you most on ignore.
    2. If General Chat is so annoying...leave the channel.
    3. The Auction House idea is really long overdue. And I expect it to remain overdue for the foreseeable future.
    4. I play this game for fun. When it stops being fun I take a break. If I don't take breaks now and then it becomes another job, and since I'm not being paid to play that would make me a fool. So, take a break now and then and see if the problem doesn't seem so big after returning.
    Shanarias and CatsPaws like this.
  10. Valrash New Member

People would still do it.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

No it's not. Let them spam /general. At least the spam is in one place.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

13. Penn New Member

dont go there then...pretty easy right?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What? Why do you have a problem with making a channel for auction that you can just ignore. At least at that point they might be able to take action against people who spam non auction channels with those sorts of things.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Because not enough will join it to make it work. And if its not reasonably functional then your reporting people wont work either.
    Bigstomp and Fenthen like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would not join an auction channel. Too much bother.

Its not a huge problem to do ignore really. As for the person who posted their ignore list is full? Well I would like to know how many are on that list (please count) and what server they are on so I could log in and see all these WTS spam. In fact a screen shot would lend creditably to that comment. ;)

I mean, I have ignored a lot of players. One time almost an entire guild but then they disbanded. You know you can remove the alt names they make up when they quit using them
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Talk about a defeatist attitude, sure it will take some time before it gets traction but that isn't a reason to not try. I think it would be auto join just like the other channels that players can choose to auto join. I don't see this as something that will take a lot of work and it is something that could help the spam in the general channels.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Tell me why you think this would work when /auction never did. How is it better?
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because this covers the entire server while /auction covers a single zone. When you have a channel that can reach the entire server it makes a difference which is why people use the general chat channel. Sure you will have people who still use general but you will also have people who switch to the new channel.
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Honestly if you've reached the point where you've ignored so many people that the ignore list is full, you just need to leave the channel. It isn't a big problem unless there is someone blatantly spamming.