WTF TIPSY GNOME RACE

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jordis, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Jordis Augur

I did this originally back when a lot of people were trying it. It's a fun, and doable challenge right up to the time it comes to Unrest. For a while, people could, and would, coth anyone that made it to the last checkpoint down or would run through and clear out the path down to the basement past the werbats and undead. High end buffs, etc, sometimes worked but it still required something more than anyone can POSSIBLY do with a level one gnome, drunk or not. There's just not that many people who care about the achievement. The armor ornaments are great but just NOT worth the trouble. This rant was brought on because a returning EQ friend thought it would be fun. I ran a mage down to try and coth him to the end, and a 110 druid to clear the way for him and the two others who started the race. The first two made it since they were already at the point. He didn't. The mobs respawned and aggro from behind doors, fell down the pit and couldn't get coth'd out or evac'd back to the checkpoint.

So, instead of a fun, welcome back to EQ that will make you want to play there is this sadistic, ridiculously hard quest that can only be done with the help of much higher level players. In any other quest that would be considered exploits or cheating rather than a requirement.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I only use the higher character (in this case my paladin to kill/clear the way in Unrest. The beginning part thru the other zones is where my little drunken speed racer must do it on his own. Yes he dies, but he gets ported back to last point so its no biggie. And its fun. When he gets to Unrest then he follows the pally to the bottom. Haven't had any issues so far. I didn't notice a super fast respawn times. But then again time sure flies when your having fun!

And if those armor ornaments aren't that great then why am I selling them for close to 100000k in baz?
  3. Slippry Augur

A f2p account with a free heroic can clear unrest without a problem. Or you can ask a friend to clear the path for you, maybe in exchange for clearing a path for them later on?
  4. josh Augur

You can very easily do it with hide and sneak on a rogue. you don't have to be level 1, i think it goes up to level 5 or something.