WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Mar 18, 2018.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Would it help if they had sent out cross server tells "wts <insert super chase loot item name here> 10 krono" - can't blame DBG for wanting to get in on the $$$
  2. Alandros Elder

To be fair games like Path of Exile have "Supporter" Packs that go up to $480... It's completely for people who just want to support the game, which I think is a good thing in this case.

With that said there are a couple key differences that PoE does that EQ should also do that make it a better experience

• They offer packs from $30 all the way up to $480 with quite a few tiers. This is on top of gneeral purchasable things too. I think having tiers of this would help the experience.
    • Quite honestly their armors are just better overall, despite the game being pretty low res. The armors have cool visuals, you get weapon effects, the top packs give you multiple sets (hence the high cost), etc.
    • They are branded as "supporter" packs, which makes a big perception difference.
    In general I like the idea... it's less about buying something and showing your wealth, but showing that you happen to have the means and want to display your support for the game.
    Axxius and IblisTheMage like this.
  3. YellowBelly Augur

I call it the armor of shame.
  4. Brohg Augur

sojealous
  5. eqgamer Augur

I was going to add a long, useless comment justifying why I bought some but decided just to add a useless comment.
    EnchFWO and Fohpo like this.
  6. Fohpo Augur

What's the point in complaining about a completely optional offer? Do you go into restaurants and accost the owner/manager when they offer expensive wines or liquor? They aren't forcing you to purchase it, they don't penalize you for not purchasing it, it doesn't impact gameplay at all unless your sole purpose is to Fashion Quest.
    Perplexed likes this.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

For about a year, the Battle Cat Mounts unlocked by the special edition version of TDS were the Mounts of Shame. Their graphics were borked despite costing $50 extra just for access to them, and additional to buy the mounts.
  8. Fohpo Augur

I feel like that's the majority of my time posting, especially when trying to reason with other Forum Questers
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Hmm, maybe this is to help pry DBC from those people who still have 500k of DBC laying around. Back when SOE offered triple SC and it worked on the SC cards from Walmart with the +500 bonus. $15 netted 4500SC. It was a good deal!
  10. Khaliss Augur

I wish SC would be transferable from one account to another!
  11. Eanelder Augur

I might have at least considered it if it was similar to how they gave out the Golden Armor as part the Recruit-a-Friend program (or at least how I was told it was given out). I.e. Flags your account so that it unlocks all pieces on the Hero Forge Vendor in PoK allowing you to buy as many Cloth / Leather / Chain / Plate ornaments for coin as you want on any of the toons on your account forever.

Also if they had included some of the other RaC rewards (aka painting "The Goddess Luclin", trophy, bag, mount, familar) Id again be more likely to consider it.
  12. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I can help you with this endeavor, I have all the suits unlocked on the PoK vendor from RaF, hit me up
    Brohg and Koryu like this.
  13. Perplexed Augur

I don't understand the complaint either. It's an optional part of the game.... if it's too expensive don't buy it, seems simple enough to me.
  14. lancelove Augur

First of all, you want Daybreak to make money, so they can pay devs to keep making expansions.

Secondly, I drop 200 bones on a night out partying or dinner with a gf...

A job is a good thing!
  15. Aurastrider Augur

For me that price is a bit crazy but if its something someone really wants and has the cash to spend then why not. There is nothing about either item that provides any form of p2w so I don't see what the big deal is. If people are buying these items and it helps to keep the game running I have nothing to complain about.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. Laronk Augur

yeah this isnt like lootboxes that actually have power in competitive games, this is just fluff. If you wait long enough it will go down in price
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They should make an extra shiny hero's forge set that cost a million $!

Then they just need to sell a single one. :p
  18. Brohg Augur

That's very very unlikely
  19. Leigo You come here often?

At least you look like a boss outside of EQ with that /nod
  20. slayerofbats Augur

I would buy this to support the game, if only they did one thing I actually wanted out of my list of 1000... Like maybe fix auto follow or something.
    Ninelder likes this.