WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Razorfall Augur

200 bucks for hero's forge armor?
  2. Zaviere Augur

Man, that's it? I was expecting something much more profound. The expensive vanity armor doesn't warrant an all-caps thread title. It's simple; people will buy it if they really want it, or they won't. Sorry if I just blew your mind.

0/10
    eqgamer, Fanra and Maedhros like this.
  3. eqzekisdead Augur

If you don't buy the $200 armor it means you hate EQ and want the game to die. Don't you care about the starving devs who are basically homeless at this point??
  4. Zamiam Augur

I'm not into the hero's forge amour so there's no way in the burning fires below that I would spend 200 bucks on that crap

However, if the dev's were to create a really awesome Illusion with multiple graphics (that did not have a 30min duration and 2hr recast :p ) I would gladly pay good money for that .. would have to be heirloom though ..

maybe similar to the gnoll totem, jester, eyepatch , or the guise of ancient gods.. pls pls pls ... DB
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I like the Golden Hero sets, but I would never pay $200 for a set of armor graphics. Way overpriced imo, they would make more money off it by making it a reasonable price. It's the same sets they offered last year, and the same price. Those who are willing to spend that kind of money already have it from last year, I doubt they sell many this year.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No no, you are exaggerating - it's only 17910SC.
    So if you did collect your "free" monthly SC for the last 3years... it's "free"!
  7. Monkman Augur

I agree $50/$100 would still be a stretch for both sets however would certainly force some people over the fence to splurge. At the current prices I don’t see many folks going for it. I’d probably pick up the $50 set just because I’m a sucker for ornaments. But at the current price is just plain don’t care. #wantmysucculenthat
  8. Beggly Augur

Silly, silly, silly. I don't rush out and buy normal hero forge for all my characters, and I sure won't waste real world dollars on this sort of 1990's style extravagance. What do they think we are, rock stars? Politicians? Donald Trump's children? Way too expensive. I've noticed that the concept of overpricing has slowly crept into the Daybreak lexicon. For instance, 3 tiers for the latest expansions and less in game item value than in the past. If you need cash, give us value for that transaction, don't try to pick our pockets.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Lianeb Augur

The golden armor was originally a reward in the Recruit a Friend program. You had to recruit 20 Friends for the armor. A qualifying account for RaF had to spend 10 dollars in the station store. Ie...$200.00
  10. Brohg Augur

observably, RAF did include a mount & bag & trophy along the way. those were of marginal utility, but *were* included in the path to the armor
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I've been working on personally acquiring and completing as many suits of Hero's Forge ornamentation as possible, to take screenshots of a fully equipped set. The pictures taken so far have been uploaded to the Suit item pages on ZAM, and I'm about 65% done with all existing sets. Because the price point on these individual suits is beyond my ability to justify (let alone getting one of everything), I will not be able to acquire or screenshot them for you guys.

(($199 * 4) + ($99 * 4)) * 0.9 = $1072.80
    Maedhros likes this.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

I thought this would be a thread about the potion belt.
    Laronk, Felicite, Talonthalis and 4 others like this.
  13. Critts Augur

You can get the $100 armor if $200 is to high. That’s Legitimate there is also $100 armor.... I’m personally holding out for the arm and a leg armor.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not rich enough to use caps.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  15. Brohg Augur

gonna be comedy gold for YEARS
  16. Nolrog Augur

Mercedes what were you thinking. $75,000 for a car. Are you smoking crack!!!
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You had to say it didn't you!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. kizant Augur

Hero's Forge isn't even worth 1 cent. Y'all need to stop being so superficial.
  19. Tiggold Augur

Arx ornaments are the best anyways. Happily buying pieces, sets or the raid currency on FV :)
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

A few guildies bought that armor and I thanked them for helping keep the servers up and running lol.

You're literally wearing your support for EQ which I dig. $200 is a little rich for me at the moment until I win Powerball :D