WTB Evict Option for Guild Neighborhoods

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

WTB more plots.... wait I cant #sadpaladinface....
  2. Zaviere Augur

What's even funnier is, in regards to our localized disappearing anchor problem, the more recent petitions by a number of Machin Shin-ers have resulted in GM responses specifically advising against placing anchors in our guild hall (indefinitely, or so implied).

Granted, that specific circumstance doesn't exactly bode well for the idea of them adding some sort of option or system to deal with the abandoned neighborhood plots anytime soon, if ever, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a real issue that SHOULD be addressed.
    Felicite likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

So:
    If someone doesn't answer your email they're Griefing you

But you evicting people is not griefing.

:rolleyes:
  4. Maedhros High King

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but potentially evicting players that are no longer in a guild from their previous guild is not griefing.
    Caell likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Riiiight. Then they should have no problem providing you with that Evict button!

And because everyone has made the 'strong' case that they 'should' have done this all along, I'm sure they'll be getting right on that button.

So no need to petition anymore! You might as well move on to deciding what color the Evict button should be :rolleyes: Maedhros hath spoken.
  6. Maedhros High King

Pretty much.
  7. Fehu Journeyman

8. Zamiam Augur

I remember Abz :p
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just curious how you asked these people? The tone of pretty much every post you make is very hostile. I can just see your in game email now...

Something along the lines of "You morons have houses in MY neighbourhoods! Get them the **** out now"
    Fehu and Sancus like this.
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

it was more like, Hey guys, y'all have a house/plot in MS village III, could you please remove them.

the response was more like FU I'll do what I want when I want because I R RoI....
  12. Sancus Augur

Maybe try to adjust your attitude so so many don't want to leave/retire? You have a point, but how you handle yourself on the forums is pretty embarrassing for a guild leader. I hope you're more mature in game, but I'm skeptical...
    Smokezz likes this.
  13. Mezz Lorekeeper

Some thoughts after reading this thread.

"Some players intentionally buy in other guild plots and would not like to be restricted from paying maintenance on my proposed solution." I am not sure how valid of a concern that is, but it could be solved if guild plot owner had a setting of turning it off and on.

"Some houses are free, so do not have maintenance". True, but all plots do have maintenance. No plot is bought indefinitely. Some plots have been bought for the next 10 years, because the cost to maintain a plot is very low.

"This can be managed via existing options via a very organized guild." I am trying to be polite here. I understand that people can have different ideas from my own, and that I can be wrong, but you can agree to disagree. But in this case, the opinion is so far off base, I don't even want to bother arguing with the poster. I don't respect their opinion, and they are probably trolling.

"It is hard to move a house" - It really isn't that bad, everything in the house stays the same way, outside stuff if intricate is an issue. All and all, I think the cost is not so high that forced moves should be prohibited.

"Guild leader can abuse it if they want to grief a guild." Yes, guild leaders can already grief a fair bit so I don't think more ways to grief as being a big deal. My proposed method would still give players 90 days to petition before they were evicted anyway (they can't add additional money once no longer in guild).
    Eanelder likes this.
  14. Jondalar Augur

Really? I'd love to see who said that.
    Why not show us?

15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Im sure Allayna still has those emails, thats his wish to show them not mine. I’m just here to stir the pot and make fun of people.
  16. Drogba Augur

He asked me relatively nicely. I locked the door and barred the windows.
    Fehu and Tornicade_IV like this.
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

An organized guild can control how their plots are organized especially if they are on their 4th go around,

now if its too mundane to have members set up their plots only 6 months escrow then its too mundane to worry about having an evict button.

no one cares who you respect. or who you call troll.

Ive come back to these boards and not called anyone names nor attack people yet that seems to be the norm for those who don't like people that have differing opinions.

so of that huge enormous machin list only 6 former members have plots and the rest are retired players and of that list only one responded because the rest don't get their in game emails,

Once again I have no problems with an evict writ that can be bough with DB cash for 500-5k DB

but until the devs figure out a way to move that plot intact as it is to the same plot on a general neighborhood. an Evict option is griefing.

believe it or not inactive players do come back

If some guilds spent half the effort on managing their neighborhoods as they did campaigning for an evict button perhaps they wouldn't be in the predicament they are in.

look a the example above. you have 17 people with multiple properties or alts with properties that's 34 slots taken up that shouldn't even have been made available in the first place.

at least a dozen of those 56 names listed are prominent long time members . One of them even made one of the first versions of the map that everyone used.

Thanks for playing terminat... heres your stuff

If a plot is paid for. it should be evicted or removed unless its being moved to a regular neighborhood in the same plot. position.
  18. Maedhros High King

What is your deal with all this nonsense?
    Any toon can only own 3 total housing plots.
    What you are suggesting is absurd.
    It would take a bare minimum of 24 characters to purchase every plot in a neighborhood and then sublet them out as a co-owner to anyone who wishes to have a spot in a neighborhood.

Yes it is totally possible for a guild leader to restrict who can purchase a plot in a neighborhood.
    I personally have it set that apps must wait to at least reach full member status until they can purchase a plot, but it is ridiculous that you think a guild leader should enforce being a co-owner on each property. Talk about griefing.

Paying station cash for evict options? 500 to 5k Daybreak cash? Are you on drugs? I could buy a whole new neighborhood for 1750 Daybreak cash. So for 1750 I could evict 3 people at your lowest rate, or add a neighborhood with 72 more plots.

Whether you agree with the argument or not is irrelevant. Who made you the white knight of the players who are no longer in a guild but still eat up a housing plot?

There is zero precedent to expect that a player that is potentially evicted from a guild neighborhood should have their house and belongings magically appear in some other neighborhood. When a player currently reaches eviction status from lack of escrow, their items are placed into a crate and parceled to them, nothing more.

I personally went to each plot in just one of my neighborhoods and looked at the ones that were owned by players who are no longer in the guild. Of the ones that contained a special house like the Evantil Abode, Wayward Lady or Bixie hive, more than 75% of them had unlimited time remaining. Several of the others had well over 100 weeks paid up. One of the players has 4 plots purchased by several of his toons that had left the guild over two years ago and I have no recourse for removing them from a neighborhood that I personally purchased. You act like random people are coming along and ponying up to buy neighborhoods for these guilds.

Additionally, of the couple of spots that belong to my alts in my neighborhood, I am co-owner of all of them. The move out button does not exist for plots that I am Co-owner of. That button only exists for the original purchaser of a plot.

I get that you are the guild leader of some casual guild on luclin and you do not wish to evict any of your players and by all means do whatever the hell you want to do. Do not tell me how to run my guild or my guild neighborhoods. If I wish to remove players that are no longer in the guild from their plots, I absolutely should have that option. The real griefing is reading your bewildering posts.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If wishes were fishes you'd all be eating well.

Caveat Emptor is a fact though.

Plots that were paid for in good faith using the system as it has always existed, will remain under the same mechanics.

No self entitled GLs will be evicting people, changing the rules on people after the fact.

No matter how poorly designed, YOU BOUGHT THE WRIT IN THAT STATE, it was 'broken' when you bought it.

There was a way to manage the neighborhood the way you all think it 'SHOULD' have been, and even though that it is insanely cumbersome, that's your problem not DBGs.

Face it whiners, you paid real world dollars and ASSUMED the writ worked the way you THOUGHT IT SHOULD.

Because you took no effort to find out how it really works, and did not complain right after you bought it, DBG assumes it works fine.

Now you want them to spend money to code it and deal with any support issues that might arise from the fallout. Because you paid real money for something and couldn't be bothered to "check the quality and suitability of the goods before purchase is made." (Caveat Emptor)

So you bought a lemon without knowing what it would taste like, and when you didn't like the taste you're gonna ask God to change the way lemons taste, rather than toss the lemon, buy an orange and think 'lesson learned'.
  20. Moege Augur

What an absurd idea, EQ never changes how it works ....

Would like to, so which writ do I buy ?

/apologizes to all, I fell for the troll
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.