WTB Evict Option for Guild Neighborhoods

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lianeb Augur

Everyone including you champion snowflake are forgetting the fact that this was not an issue in the way back time when housing evicted you automatically escrow or not if you hadn’t logged in in 90 days. This was changed and now we are seeing the repercussions of that. It wasn’t an issue before. Sure you still had squatters that moved guilds on the same server that refused to move their stuff but meh that was one or two plots now we are talking almost a whole neighborhood of inactive players that have not logged in in 90 days or more on they are no longer auto-evicted.

I do love your guild management issues solution though.

You: we do not allow time unlimited housing our neighborhood
    Asshat01: so it’s the only house I have
    You: guild policy says not allowed
    Asshat01: so
    You: I am going to guild remove you for not following guild policy
    Asshat01: so, I am still going to keep the house there
    You: ok, you keep the house there, cause I don’t want to evict you And I never really had control over the type of house you put on the plot anyway I just made it guild policy
    Maedhros and Liljit like this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You have always had the option to petition, this is the only way you can get a Time: Unlimited house removed, that has been placed without your permission.

And that will remain your only option. I know it sucks, I know it's nothing like what the Writ is supposed to be. It's simply the WAY IT IS, and they aren't fixing, and they aren't giving you an evict button ever.

The sooner you all stop whining about it and let it rest, the better for all of us.
  3. Lianeb Augur

Do you argue with stop signs?
    Caell likes this.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Maybe they identify as a yield sign....
  5. Caell Augur

By what authority are you able to say what the devs will or won't do? Are you a dev. that is able to make this determination? I am truly staggered by your chutzpah to make this decision for them if you are not.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The pointless argument thread Forum-Quest really needs.

Surprised this one’s still alive tbh.

Only on Forum-Quest is “Contributor” defined as posting a chain of salt laced textwalls about one tier of group gear itemization being 1.224683843% off, and how heinous a crime that is, without actually buying or playing in the expansion in question. At least there’s still a comedy angle going.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

<looks up from his adult activities>
    Oh did you think you were making a funny?

It's so cute when you try so hard.

You're coming in late so I won't ask you to read everything. I'm not saying I have any authority at all.

I've said it's my opinion and prediction that there will never be an Evict Button for fully paid up plots that you don't own (manifestly by being the one who controls it. i.e. first to put into escrow).

My knowledge which is broader than the GLs on the topic of Real Estate, and further information that has been discussed and digested in this thread from others that have even broader knowledge than I, has lead any who care to see, to the obvious conclusion there will be no Evict Button for plots you don't own.
  8. Zaviere Augur

I thought for sure my Trump-related image post would put an end to this thread of misery, but alas...

Maybe I'll try this;

Has anyone noticed that Coirnav guild recruitment thread for Relentless Insomnia? Like, every single time someone makes a post there that includes the name "Mabbu", said post gets removed relatively quickly. I only vaguely recall purchasing a J Boots multiquest from a person named "Mabbu" with the Monk I made on Ragefire for poops and giggles. Otherwise, I have no idea who this person is, but apparently their name is a heavy trigger word in the TLP community. I decided to test it out for myself, and so I made my own post in that thread, mentioning "Mabbu". It was removed, and I was sent a warning for trolling. I'm persistent, so I decided to take a different approach with my NEXT post in the thread. So far, it still lives! Probably because one of the apparent officers for the guild liked my post and acknowledged it with one of their own, despite it's hidden context. Gosh, I'm just so sneaky!

#Forum-Questing #sorrynotsorry

Anyways, luckily I have non-EQ-related plans for most of the rest of the day today (new Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 4 chapter, woo!) but I'll be interested in seeing if this awful internet entity still exists later tonight.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. Caell Augur

I'm not coming in late, I've read the whole thread.

You still aren't a dev and your posts come across as if you have the final say in this. While you may be right, that they won't implement an Evict button, it's still only your opinion and not fact. You stated (not gave your opinion) stated
    We don't have a dev statement on this, so you (and we) can't possibly know what they will or won't do on this subject.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Lianeb Augur

11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That was an absolute +10

So was the Simpsons clip, perfectly played. (darn I can't find it) *edit*

Yes, well played Sheex, well played.
  12. Liljit Augur

In your scenario...you'd rather the guild leader have complete control over EVERY SINGLE ITEM ever stored in housing than to give an eviction button that would work only on non-guilded people?
    Caell likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

NO, this is an old post.

The discussion has evolved from there.

It is now my opinion, boiled down as simply as I can because it seems such a hard concept I repeat over and over:

Nobody will be unilaterally evicting another person that is fully paid in the system and marked as the full and rightful owner.

It doesn't matter if you think you should be the owner of every plot in your Writ's neighborhood. It doesn't work that way now.

The single rightful owner of a plot listed in DBGs database is never going to be evicted by someone else, no matter how rightfully they feel they should have been marked owner all along.

*edit*
    Other than when DBG decides to do so. And they may do it for you, if you make a justified case, for each case, on a case by case basis, and abide by their decision on each one. I would suggest you be nice, it helps.

Because petition is the only way you're evicting someone.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Oh sh** I found the ignore button
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. Caell Augur

The crux of the matter which I believe many of us respectfully disagree with you on is this; if they are removed from the guild they are by the same token no longer a "rightful owner of a plot" in a Guild neighborhood. Retaining ownership of the plot should require maintaining membership in the guild. They have lost that right by whatever means they lost their guild membership.
    Maedhros likes this.
  16. Liljit Augur

Sorry, hard to keep up with your circular logic...
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You're absolutely right. This has all been covered.

And once they fix it, all will be rectified between the way we all think it should work (and was indicated in the description) and the way it actually does work.

Until then there is only petition.

This thread should absolutely die, it's been nothing but circular and whines for 2 days.

All details are already known, thank you though for stating in another quite proper way.

Only the feet stompers that can't let it rest remain.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

[IMG]
  19. Liljit Augur

You're right...definitely no logic in your posts.
    Maedhros likes this.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Wtb evict button...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.