WTB Evict Option for Guild Neighborhoods

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eanelder Augur

Outside yourself, and the original poster, I'm not sure who else has actually identified guild leader in this post (mastermagnus maybe?). I will gladly state that I am not. I'm not sure if this idea that all Guild Leaders are power hungry tyrants is justified.

If this is a public plot, then yes. If this is a guild plot then no. They were not able to acquire the plot if they weren't in the guild, so there should be no expectation to keep it after leaving the guild This is a condition that the purchaser of the Guild Writ should be guaranteed and have a reasonable expectation that it is enforced.

Again I will bring up my parking example. I paid for a 1 year parking permit at my place of employment.If i am fired or quit, there should be no expectation that I should be able to keep my parking space just because I prepaid; and certainly no expectation that I can renew it. The condition of the parking space is that I am an employee, once that condition is not met, I should be expected to give it up. The fact that I drive a lamborghini, worked there for 20 years, or a generous benefactor, should have no impact on this.

A raid can be done by coordinating with its members, but we were given tools in game to simplify and enforce that coordination. I will accept that coordinating with its members is a way to organize guild zone, but then I would want to see tools to simplify and enforce that coordination. This means a guild zone management screen with options like Limit plots per character, limit escrow per plot, a relocate option, and yes an evict button and that's just off the top of my head. Again ... the expectation is that the zone is owned by the guild (as stated by the writ) they should have options to manage that zone.

• as mentioned the purchaser of the Guild Writ should be guaranteed that only guild members will own plots in a guild zone, and have a reasonable expectation that it is enforced. Given this, if a writ of eviction was implemented then I believe it should be made available WITH the Guild Writ (perhaps increasing the cost) with unlimited charges, Tradeable, but only usable by the guild leader. Eviction, in any scenario, should ONLY be an option when the plot is NOT owned by a guild member,
    • "Forced Relocation" of intact plots is a decent idea, but ideally you would need to guarantee the same location, which might mean spawning new zones for individual users. At minimum you need to move to a plot with of the same size and item count.
    • As mentioned a above, the development of tools too allow and manage this is the only way this would reasonably work, which would make this an acceptable solution.
    I agree your contributions may have some merit, but unfortunately require a lot more work then an "evict" button, or a auto-evict option. As I don't believe they care about housing to even add the evict button, or even implement auto-evict as a fixto a bug, I have no faith that they would be willing to invest the time to implement your suggestions.

• (1,3,4) my opinion is if you want to keep the benefits of being in a guild, including owning a guild plot, you should remain a member of the guild. If guild leadership no longer feels you should be in the guild, then again you should lose all benefits of that guild once removed.
    • (2) Anyone who decorates should become familiar around using layouts, oddly enough this is tool was developed to allow and manage real estate layouts.
    • (5) If a guild is going to be remove someone from a guild because of their military service or RL issues, they're also likely going to want them out of their guild neighborhood. As they are responsible for the guild, this is also their prerogative. (Their probably also jerks.)
    Not enforcing the "Only guild members can OWN a plot in a guild neighborhood" does not bode well for the Daybreak fro a customer service and petition standpoint. I would like to see someone justify WHY they should keep a plot in a support ticket.

Again the same people who decide if you stay in the guild are the same people possibly evicting, Id be more concerned about being kicked from guild then from my plot with all these GL tyrants out there.
    Maedhros and Caell like this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They have never 'enforced' the ownership concerns of writ owners, other than to answer petitions on a case by case basis.

Nobody has raised a ruckus like this the whole time that Writs have existed until now.

Other GLs were able to handle it themselves or petition.

The OP hasn't even posted in quite a while.

It's quite possible there are so few writ owners complaining that it has never been, and will never be, an issue worthy of them fixing or even commenting on.

Seems like petitions are going to continue to be the only option.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I don’t understand what your beef is with an evict button but you’re ok with a petition to have them removed.
    The end result is the same
    A plot owner gets a parcel of an eviction crate
    Maedhros and Caell like this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It is absolutely not the same, because a petition gets reviewed by an employee of DBG (pretty sure GMs aren't mucking about in the database), then moved up the chain if deemed worthy, and the eviction is conducted by a DBG employee.

It is not, and never will be, anything akin to you as an individual GL getting to unilaterally decide at any moment in time when you want to evict someone (who is no longer in your guild but FULLY PAID UP OWNER).

Is that really so hard to understand, or are you being facetious just trying to champion your lost cause still?
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

WTB Evict button

This should be a thing
    Maedhros likes this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Still never happen, cus reasons, ITT.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Pretty sure this is in the death spiral, we mostly stopped careing but are amused that you seem to take this to heart. Hope your blood pressure is ok.

On a side note, we arent some grubby guild that wants to toss the poor homeless eq vets to the curb. We just want those that moved to a new guild to remove their crap from our guild plots... then we can start with the inactive, quite eq, went to wow types that are again taking up space and dont need to be. They want to come back to the game, re-app, get your crap together, make the raid force and you can again set up your rent free home with the yard gnomes and bridge trolls.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

{because we can't move it ourselves yet still think we 'own' it}.

Wow, you don't even hear yourself do you?

Great endorsement for your guild there.
  9. Eanelder Augur

I have fully decorated my guild's hall with my own items, designs and intellectual property; spending hundreds in DBG (real) cash, millions in platinum and countless hours of my own time. I have also donated to guild tribute and housing upkeep.

It is unfair that a guild leader can any point and time unilaterally decide to remove me from the guild. All guild removals should be petitioned and get reviewed by an employee of DBG and moved up the chain if deemed worthy.

*PS I don't actually believe this ... please don't /guildremove me Arrowheade >.<
    Maedhros and MasterMagnus like this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

And for what reason would that DBG employee deny the petition? If it came from the Guild Leader and was for a person who was not a member of the guild, do you think they would deny it? Do you think the rent being paid up would cause them to deny it?

Because if not, there is no difference between the effect of the petition and the button, except that DBG has to waste labor hours on it.
    Caell likes this.
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

What would you do if someone squatted on your guild neighborhood? Just let it happen?
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It still ain't personal to anyone, and it damn sure ain't about what we all 'know it should®' be.

We're all clear about what Own means. The writ is 'wrong' if you will. If you're a GL and you allowed anyone to place a Time: Unlimited, or pay long periods into escrow, and then you removed them from guild, you've got a problem. Let me emphasize YOU've got a problem.

I have told you all again and again. YOU have tools to handle this, you just don't like the only option left to you.

But day two of stamping your feet, and complaining about it, will get you nowhere.

Long ago I proposed a solution that would offend nobody and get you what you want. But you outright refuse to consider anything but a Unilateral Right To Evict, based on what you 'thought it should®' be.

None of you will ever have that right, period, full stop.

Now you can try to suck it up and deal with it, you can propose a solution that does not entail eviction, you can do nothing and see what DBG does.

Or you can sit here and represent your guilds poorly for another day.

This thread was already down the page until revived, give it a rest whiners and it will die.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

As I already pointed out pages ago, I have never owned a guild plot (though I have been co-leader of an actual guild for a time).

I now have a box guild, it's all me, nobody can or will ever grief me.

My stake in this is that I'm not going to let you evict people who are FULLY and RIGHTFULLY paid and EXCLUSIVE OWNER of a plot.

Point is, I would never let that happen, because I think in advance and structure/plan accordingly.

You awesome GLs figure out raid strats, but you failed at Real Estate Management. Like many things in this game, the description and/or lore tag might be inaccurate, and you've got to figure out how it REALLY MANIFESTLY works.

It galls you that your control is not complete and you feel quite justified to stamp your feet and cry for it. But others handled it on their own, because your guild fails at real estate management.
  14. Eanelder Augur

The item description, whose explicit purpose is to explain HOW the item works, is wrong?

If the developers / designers change that then I will concede and shut up. Outside that, the description is the "contract", and anyone is free to bring it up concerns around it and request that it get addressed. As you are free to ensure your points are brought up to minimize negative impact.

I'm fine with leaving the final solution up to the developers, but a quite a few good suggestions have been brought up.
    Liljit likes this.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Congratulations on being the only person on the planet who cares about that. Your prize is the trophy you earned here in this thread. It just says #1 Most Annoying . I regret being reasonable with you, because you have been continuously unreasonable. All you want to do is gloat over Guild Leaders like some kind of deranged power trip.

Let me tell you. I'm not a Guild Leader, our GL is long gone. This affects me exactly zero. Except that if our GL ever came back and threw us out of our GGH we still wouldn't care. It's just housing and it can be put back together.

Whatever happened to you in your life that made you rage against the eviction machine, get over it, that was real life, this is a game.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The Writ's function is not how we ALL 'think it should®' be. So I think we can agree there is a conflict between Writ description - Contract - and Manifest Reality, as I've pointed out many times pages ago, and is the whole point we're having this discussion.

One possible solution is that everyone sucks it up and lives with the error. And they go in and fix the description so it accurately reflects the way it actually works.

Which is something they have done so many times in this game I can't count.
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Wait a sec.... there are tools to manage this issue?

Like say not allowing rent free houses to be placed years ago and said members have quit the game and no plans to return...

Or when someone removed themselves from the guild and left their crap....

Idea, get over yourself about being all holy moly in your boxed guild, maybe you should open up your neighborhood to those homeless eq vets left on the street of PoK.

Troll troll troll

Yadda yadda yadda

Just here to stir the pot still

Waiting for a thread lock

Evict button would still be best in slot

Maybe call it the “you left your crap here, so we mailed it to you” button. Is that more eq pc friendly?

When ya gonna give up... you wont get it your way either Burger King
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOOK AT MACHIN SHIN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What cute little tantrums they throw when they can't have their way.
  19. Eanelder Augur

My work contract states how much I should be compensated for the work I do. I 'think it should®' be a lot more. Funny thing is I'm still being paid based on that contract, because that was the agreement.

The item states what it is, but it is not doing what its states. Again, qualifying this as a bug. I think your argument should instead be to change the description of the Writ.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I agree in the analogy you state, DBG would be obliged to fix that discrepancy one way or another.

But as we've already covered, that ain't happening. For all the reasons you know full well.

There is not the staff, desire, or upside to do so. And this is not an employment contract, it's a ONE TIME PURCHASE, Caveat Emptor says, your responsibility to ensure it works.

Sorry charlie, no matter how many ways you guys come at it, or outright stamp your feet and whine, your aren't getting it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.