wru eq1 experience vial system

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gnomeboss, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Not exactly. Power levelling requires 2 (or more) players/toons. For those without friends they could now just buy xp; from other players; and you know there's players with more money than friends, and time. $35 to heroic lv 85 toon, some plat (or $ on a non-official 3rd party site) and bam, all the way up, solo, with no effort.

Also this gives the power leveler a way to make additional money: create new toon, PL it while siphoning xp, sell full vials for plat/krono/$, delete toon, rinse, repeat. The most efficient power levelers would (at a guess) be a large part of the market for empty vials, as they can fill and sell them most effectively.

Casuals, like myself, would probably never buy an empty one, we barely make enough xp to maintain our current characters, let alone enough to sell to another.

Not sure if a good idea or not, but it'll certainly bring in the $$ for DBG.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

If I understand the way this works there's absolutely no need for power leveling and deleting a character to do this. In fact that'd be a ridiculously ineffective method
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak is going to want people to buy vials off other players instead of getting traditional power levels. When they added the heroic toons right about that time they nerfed some PLing methods though maybe I am misremembering.
  4. Angahran Augur

Would be nice to not waste xp when maxxed.
    Other ideas:
    Allow buying the AA and XP Glyphs.
    Add slider for AA XP to AA or Merc AA.