Wrongfully Banned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cove, Sep 18, 2013.

1. BoomWalker Augur

Can always PM Piestro...
  2. Leerah Augur

Agreed, CS training needs to focus more on the 'customer is always right' philosophy. This is a training issue. Keep in mind they are prob. 20 yr olds working for $7.25 an hour. Be nice to them in return, even when they call you a liar and a cheat.
  3. Gwen New Member

The customer is NOT always right, especially now when integrity went out the window as soon as online cheating and scams became prominent. Thinking they should use a "customer is always right" policy is immature in and of itself.

Age does not beget maturity (or intelligence) as you seem to think. Being a customer does not beget a sense of entitlement either. You're teetering on a false sense of entitlement.
  4. Leerah Augur

Getting good service for your money is not an 'entitlement.' It is a requirement of business, as long as it has competition!
  5. Axxius Augur

Piestro can read your CS ticket if you tell him its number.
  6. BoomWalker Augur

Think most people would be happy if CS treated everyone as honest (not a liar) and neither innocent or guilty when reaching out to resolve an issue...
  7. BoomWalker Augur

All good....yet...CS showing disdain for customers (cuz they are liars and cheaters) does not beget (WORD OF THE DAY CALENDAR WOOT) appreciation and continued financial support from customers.
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Kelefane Augur

Them shooting first and asking questions later isnt a good policy either. Look what that has done. Get lots of innocent people banned.
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. Leerah Augur

And unbanned, but still angry.
  10. Kelefane Augur

Here is an idea, how about hiring some GMs again that do nothing but hunt down users and cheaters? This was highly effective back in the day and it would be highly effective right now. At least the human element would be involved then, instead of some flawed "automated detection system" that does nothing but grief the innocent while TRYING to track down the guilty.

No automated system is perfect, sorry, but its not. THIS entire mess PROVES that its not. This exact situation will happen again, i'd bet the farm on it.

No, you don't. This situation proves it. We'll see this same thing happen again down the road when you guys decide its time to flip the "detection system" switch once again. We'll see another massive false positive ban wave because your detection system is flawed.

Its not good business to shoot first and ask questions later. Its also bad business to have collateral damage when trying to weed the bad out.

Find a new system. Or better yet, hire some real GMs as I stated above that do nothing but hunt cheaters down.
  11. Starla Elder

My suggestion to all is this...

If you are like me and have played for years and have a huge /claims list and so much stuff you could never list it, do yourself a favor and TAKE PICS of it with your windows open. You think SoE can go to a restore point on your account with all your stuff but sometimes they have to do it from scratch due to a bug or some sort. I have lived through it and never thought it would happen to me and took over a month to bring my account to what "I think" it was. You can save yourself a huge mess....know what you have so they can build it from the ground up if they need to. :)

You all maybe upset with what I am about to say and I probably would not say it but since what happened to me with my account I will say it.......YOU ARE LUCKY if your accounts are intact and you just have to go in and restore your reoccurring status on your account....you have no idea how lucky you all are. :)

ps....believe me...I understand your frustration more than you know but truly be happy...sounds like you all are going to have your accounts in 24 hours or a bit more....so all good. :)
  12. Dexar Elder

God damn it Gwen! Why do you have to say something like this and force me to agree with Leerah? This is not a comfortable place that I find myself!
    Sinestra likes this.
  13. Starla Elder

Maybe they can come up with some sort of a warning flag to go up when so many folks are banned in a short time like that so they can take a look at it and make sure they are not potentially false positives.
  14. Makavien Augur

Wow bans people for leveling too fast .. 2 accounts myself . Plus had to to send in my info to prove I was the owner of my account when it was hacked by a keylogger hidden in an addon then a digipass thing was added and that made it take even longer to get it back no reimbursement for the two 30 days game time I had purchased and its still messed up where they removed wraith of the lich king last time I tried to play and couldn't log in my toon that was leveled 1 level into that expansion . Their competitors would of done even worse imho.

And most online games have software built in to detect exploiting in various different forms . And none of them give you the benefit of the doubt you would be banned in any of them and guilty until you prove yourself innocent that is the agreement you sign on any mmo.

Before you try to compare soe to other games go to the BBB and read the negative comments about being banned blizzards banned list with no kind of second chances is unbelievably huge. Oh your cousin and you was taking turns playing /see ya oh your buddy logged you on to loot this /see ya , oh you jokingly acted like a troll /see ya.
  15. BoomWalker Augur

Blizzard is bad at CS...therefore SOE is not...as...bad...so be happy.

Top 100 list of "good" CS companies...

1. <insert some company>
    2. <insert some company>
    99. SOE
    100. Blizzard.

SEE!!!! SOE isn't THAT bad..Blizzard is worse!!! Stop complaining!!!!

Next pointless post please....
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. BoomWalker Augur

Wouldn't the "months" of investigation from April to August and then enforcing the TERMINATIONs all on the same day be enough time to see a large list that might need to be reevaluated?

Nope...SOE is right...99% of the time...players are cheaters and will try to game the system to get back the accounts...send the emails!!! Damn the torpedoes!!!!

But your point is one to consider going forward...just not by SOE...sadly.
  17. Makavien Augur

Soe is not walmart ..
  18. Uxtalzon Augur

I'll be posting a rather interesting thread at the end of Hardcore Heritage about that.

Also, as I've just learned from reading my inbox, please don't mention the name or abbreviation of you-know-what, since that may be against the rules.
  19. Booger Elder

youll still have a lot of those folks comeing on here crying about how they were all innocent .
  20. BoomWalker Augur

Because...really...they are all guilty....and should just move on to a new game...