Writ of the Combine issues/duplication

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokatt07, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

Hi folks. Not sure where to post this:
    In the past when you would hand in whatever (insert expansion here) drops for rank 2 of the various spells, IF YOU ALREADY had the rank 2 spell, the option for the spell would not be available. With this I mean that if you handed in or clicked a greater XXX or a glowing XXX you would NOT get the option to get a rank 2 spell you already scribed. With the Writ of the Combine, it seems (at least for my chanter and mage) that if I already HAVE scribed say Chaotic Fire Rank 2 and Enticer's Auspice Rank 2, it does not matter what but I can keep clicking on new Writ of the Combine drops and they show up as available.

I have wasted a few of these over and over again as I forget which I have as I stopped playing for a while and come back, assume I am missing them and accept. I am then left with the spell in inventory but I cannot scribe it as I already have it. I have never seen this before as in the past with whatever expansion, once you had the rank 2 spell, it never showed up as an option again.

Cheers.
  2. Cloudia Augur

This is a known issue. They quit checking known spell list as it was too resource intensive.
    You are now responsible for verifying that you need a spell reward as it will blithely hand you a duplicate otherwise.
  3. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Ya I think they removed all previous expansion spells that remember what you scribe. The only spells it does remember is for Ring of Scale.

March 14, 2018 patch notes

- Spell/Tome reward sets from Ring of Scale will now hide abilities you have already memorized when you view them. If you have used a tablet or symbol before this change but not selected a reward you will have to reuse the tablet or symbol to do so.