Wow Some People.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by rtfj121180, Mar 19, 2020.

1. rtfj121180 Journeyman

So, here is how it went down. Picture it The Mines of Glooming Deep March, 19th, 2020. I'm a lowly Dark Elf Shadow Knight. Just wandering around, doing the rats, spiders quests you know the quests I'm talking about. When in New Players chat a person's wow this game has changed. So me being the curious dark elf that I am, sends this person a tell: asking changed how? Never got an answer just this question do you want to group and grind through the zone? Me I said sure, but I'm still in the tutorial. Other person says ok I will make a new toon and meet you there: I said cool. 30 minutes later, I receive a tell from a person saying hey I'm here. Sent a group invite, we burned through a few quests. Making idle chit. Chat along the way, we get to talking about classes and subscriptions blah blah blah. I mention I'm F2,p, few seconds later get the notification that so and so has left the group. Twitching my elf ears in confusion I figure oh they went link dead. Suddenly I receive a tell from the person saying he/she hates F2p players.

I didn't bother to reply, but I thought that's rude. At these levels what's it really matter a players subscription status?

Oh well, just thought everyone would get a kick out of it.
    Tucoh and eepok like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

It makes no difference at those levels, or for scores more levels after that. You're right, that was rude.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. rtfj121180 Journeyman

Agreed, it was pretty funny though.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Windance Augur

What an butt head.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

I really dont care for people who ride FTP and then complain there isnt enough stuff for them or they want more and more stuff free. I do however see the need for it and think its great for that. Giving a person a chance to try the game and decide if they want to continue. If it helps bring people to the game then I am all for it. In your instance you clearly did not deserve to be treated like that.
    Skuz, Sagarmatha and Duder like this.
  6. PirateLordCarroll Journeyman

Yeah that is stupid. It would be like saying he hates every one who doesn't dump 2000 on the cash shop. Those people are like that though, best to just ignore them and move on.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. rtfj121180 Journeyman

I'm sure, even the f2p players spend real money on in game items. If not all access and, in game real money purchases still support the game development too.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Dude saved you some time, he's a huge tool and probably would just end up dragging you down.
    Bigstomp, Skuz, Flatchy and 1 other person like this.
  9. rtfj121180 Journeyman

Agreed :)
    Bigstomp and Skuz like this.
  10. ntellect Augur

Why do you even care? You can't control people's actions, only your own. If you continue playing I guarantee it will happen again. Learn to avoid to lessen the chance.
  11. rtfj121180 Journeyman

Never said, I cared I just thought it was funny so I shared the story.
    Bigstomp and Skuz like this.
  12. ntellect Augur

The story was definitely funny. I loved the part when your Dark Elf ears perked up.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds like he was a returning player when he made the comment about how things have changed.

Probably playing Silver (free) and doesn't even realize it.

And has some old prejudices against certain types. Used to be people would not group with accounts bought on Ebay. Yet now DBG sells heroics which is basically the same - a ready made character:D

He could have just been rude and left the group to go elsewhere and not connected to your discussion at all. I have had groups like that but usually they afk until they get the good drop and then leave the group without notice.
  14. Sagarmatha Augur

I don't like FTP players, either. As the Troll mentioned, they're always whining about the limitations on the free account. IT'S A BUSINESS, they need to make money. And if you think they're spending money in the DB shop, you're high AF.

Sadly, it's pretty typical of the new generation of MMO players (and humans) in general. Give me everything for free.
    Naedyin likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Painting everyone with the same brush is a failure on your part.

Today's F2P player may well turn out to be a whining freeloader, but not all of them will, if players like you are unjustifiably/needlessly rude & hateful just because someone has done nothing but start the game as a F2P then you are hurting the game by making potential subscribers walk away thinking "well not playing a game populated by such nasty players and I am not going to give them any of my money!".

Short sighted ignorance ends up hurting you eventually.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Sometimes losing a new friend 15 min after you found them is a blessing.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

A free to play player being in the tutorial is probably checking the game out either as a returning player or a true newbie. They might turn into a paying player once they figure out if the game is for them or not.
    svann and Skuz like this.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lol that's sad and bad. Send me a msg op if you want I will send you a krono so you can go all access.
    Mr Blue Sky likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What is wrong with you? Some level 1 in the tutorial checking the game out and you paint them with the same brush as the cheapos that want to be max level max content for free? Get over yourself.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

I agree with you yep. FTP does have its place but it also has its limitations and should be that way.
    Shanarias likes this.