Wouldn’t groupable AoC instances solve all problems?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nevus_coirnav, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Ishbu Augur

I play in zones with a higher population than just my group and dont always get all camps and loot I want on command. What game are you playing?
  2. Risiko Augur

Funny haha stuff used to live here. It is gone now.
  3. Ceffener Augur

So you either KS, Train, or don’t actually play the game because other players are there.

Not being able to play, sounds fun.

(Not sure how a pick instantly gives you loot, must be some magical instance that doesn’t require you to camp and kill bosses)
  4. Ishbu Augur

There are many emulated servers available, you can get just that. They arent very popular though because it would make for a very different game than what EQ was and what TLPs are trying to lure people back for
  5. Ishbu Augur

No none of what you said about me is true, but you know what they say, resorting to made up attacks on someone you know nothing about is pretty telling that you lost the argument
  6. Protagonist Tank

From a personal standpoint, I'd love on-demand pick zones for dungeons. Realistically, though - it's probably too resource-intensive.
  7. Ceffener Augur

Especially since no one attacked you...

If you want to play the game and you shove 200 people in a zone made for 12, that’s what happens.
  8. Ishbu Augur

You directly said I KS, Train, or dont play. As it is clearly established I do play, you stated I am either KSing people or training them.

Do you not remember what you wrote just a few min ago? I had even quoted it for you. Give it up. This gets brought up every TLP. Everytime its widely recognized as a poor idea. Nothing is different now
  9. Risiko Augur

I feel your passion on this issue, and I think that you're doing yourself a disservice by not linking everyone of those prior threads for all those previous TLP servers to this thread.
  10. Ceffener Augur

I know exactly what I said. If you want to take that as a personally assault on your character that is a stretch.

To be clearer, “You” (as in the player, any player reading said post), gets to KS, Train, or not Play.

All three things that happen when you overcrowd zones, happen on every TLP, and get a bunch of threads complaining about it. I would also like to see a thread where it is “widely recognized as a bad idea”, not posts about how DBG isn’t going to do it or more picks cause server issues. An actual large number of players saying “more picks will ruin my game”.
  11. Liquid Augur

I love the posts where others tell people how they play and it's insinuated that's how you should play as well..if so pay my monthly sub. or . A lot of issues would go away with AOC's and boxers. Some people actually work strange schedules, and have the inability to play like some think they should. If someone wants to pay for 4, 6, 18 accounts then that is absolutely none of your business unless it interferes with your gameplay.
  12. Yarteb Elder

Sounds like LDoN.
  13. Vorlic Journeyman

And I find LDoN so boring. I know my opinion is unpopular but the two reasons I play EQ are for epic 72 character raids and persistent worlds.
  14. Hateseeker Augur

There's a lot more movies to choose from than MMOs, plus, movies are 2 hours or so, MMOs people will spend hundreds or thousands of hours in, and so the finer points matter more. Especially EQ, where people here are already thousands of hours in and probably looking at thousands more throughout the remaining TLP rehashes

Yes, but once you get to expansions like DoN , not everything is instanced, true,but if you just want a private zone to XP in, that's definitely there.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  15. Hdizzle Augur

Are we trying to relive playing WoW?

So we are asking for people to play one character at time, in their own private dungeon crawl, with fast exp, and all the raids instanced. Can we stop already? Lol
  16. Ceffener Augur

When the population was spread out over roughly 42 servers EQ was closer to having a single group in zones than 70 people per pick.
  17. ch0rny Elder

This would be glorious for my PL service and Krono farm.
  18. Baldur Augur

They have done this for some zones/expansions.

Vxed in GoD and Mechamatic Guardian in SoF come to mind. Personal instances that respawn and can pop named.
    Barton likes this.
  19. Tachyon Augur

Yes it did. It's why I left the the live game back around 2006 and just play TLPs Classic thru Omens. It becomes nights of either logging in for raids or logging in and looking for matches for specific group instances. There is open world, but no one actually plays it!
  20. Grailer Augur

People actually buy Kronos to get items or is it super rare?

I couldn’t believe my friend back in 1999 was selling plat on ebay and made around $2000

Make all gear no drop .. problem solved?

Maybe plat should be used to repair or craft gears ? But then it wouldn’t be EQ