Would this idea be possible?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Agrippa, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Agrippa Augur

Good day! I've been slowly developing an idea for a new character that would have 16 different personalities. This part is now possible for a single account owner. What I'm unsure about is if it'd be possible for the same characters to have different 16 personalities to use all of the different classes, different races, and different deities. I'm reasonably certain that I can develop a singular character that uses all of the classes and all of the races. What I'm having the most trouble with is adding in separate deity selections for each persona. Would it be possible to do all of the above with 16 different deity selections, too? Agnostic would have to count as a deity selection there for the Vah Shir, but could the 16 different personas, otherwise, all select different deities?
  2. Agrippa Augur

Agnostic - Vah Shir - Rogue
    Bertoxxulous - Gnome - Cleric
    Brell Serilis - Dwarf - Berserker
    Cazid Thule - Iksar - Necromancer
    Erollisi Marr - Wood Elf - Bard
    Innoruuk - Troll - Shadowknight
    Karana - Halfling - Druid
    Mithanial Marr - Froglok - Shaman
    Prexus - Erudite - Magician
    Quellious - Human - Monk
    Rallos Zek - Ogre - Warrior
    Rodcet Nife - Half Elf - Paladin
    Solusek Ro - Dark Elf - Wizard
    The Tribunal - Barbarian - Beastlord
    Tunare - High Elf - Enchanter
    Veeshan - Drakkin - Ranger

I *think* this is one path that might work. The character will be cursed by Bristlebane, so he's the one that is left out of the equation (and one deity selection would have to be left out). Still working on developing the character's background. Are there any stereotypes that might be better selections?
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

So...the game is still limited to the (already full) array size for class/race, persona has not changed that. When you make a persona, you are going through the exact same character creation as do you the base character. There is no free for all class/race/diety, you are still restricted to the same options.
  4. Gialana Augur

There are 16 classes, 16 races, and 16(?) deities (plus agnostic). Since only certain races can be certain classes, and only certain race/class combos can choose certain deities, I think Agrippa is asking if there's a combination of race/class combos that can cover 16 of the deities when no race or class is repeated.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Yep totally missed that detail. I have no idea on combos.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Only 15 APs are possible. You listed 16/16/16 + 1 for Bristlebane.
    It is 16 races, 16 classes, 16 deities + agnostic = 17.

I will try to find a different stereotype match.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

8. Agrippa Augur

Thank you for the replies. If I'm understanding correctly, this is the first time in EQ's history that we'd be allowed to have every class and every race on a single server (for a single account). So, while 15 extra personas would be available, the 16th class and race should be possible with the originating character choice. I do get that these aren't truly singular characters, though, in the same sense that exists in FFXIV. There are quite a few general things that aren't being shared by different personas. Not just things that are tied to each persona's creation options, I mean.

As a returning player that really doesn't have connections to later expansions, this has a lot of appeal for me. Unless I'm overlooking any number of things, this is the first time in EQ's history that any single character could really play in a completionist sense. This just wasn't something possible before, being limited to a single race and class choice. I'm sure that I might be missing a few things, but, outside of the completely broken ones that they have no intent of fixing, any character now should be able to earn every possible achievement.
    code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Yes, that is how it works and I think that also the base character is now a persona which does mean that all characters got turned into personas.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I like this concept for RP :)

I am surprised (and completely forgot) that Vah bard and Vah rogue are also only Agnostic since in other races they're the only ones who can worship deities not available for other classes of their race. Bards (other than Vah) and Drakkin are the only ones who can worship Veeshan. I expected the bard to be Veeshan until I saw your Drakkin. You have some other odd pairings, too, well, not odd just a little unexpected with the bard and the enchanter. The other classes/races I am less familiar with their deity restrictions unless I go looking at tables (including the one I made in April or early May - pre Oakwynd launch when I was 'prepping' to start there).
  11. uberkingkong Augur

Odd choices you say?
    Agreed.

Why would you not go Wood Elf Beastlord?
    Unicorn pet as a beastlord right?

Missing out going barbarian or vah shir as beastlord, wood elves are the best beastlords. The best beastlord pets belong to the wood elves.

Wood Elf
    Beastlord
    Tunare

You goto the plane of growth its not no trees and what not.
    Its unicorns and beasts.
    Ultimate beastlord diety is Tunare.

Tunare as enchanter ok.
    Tunare as a druid diety? No way jose.
    Druids have bear pets, tunare doesn't do bear pets.
    You see any bears listed here?
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npclist.html?zone=103
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Wood elves get a small treant as pet unless they use a petamorph. But any race of beast could also use a petamorph.
  13. Iven the Lunatic

No comment.

[IMG]

The treant was not a good warder choice but that got "fixed" by pet illusions and it got announced that more petamorph clickies will be released.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

Give me a petamorph for my troll beastlord so I can have my Gator back!
    Rijacki and Iven like this.
  15. Iven the Lunatic

Here it is ! It's G style. Gatorade style.

[IMG]
    Flatchy likes this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, People who had the original Station All Access before it was discontinued and the base subscription was changed to being All Access rather than Gold, could have a total of 16 characters on a single account.

8 Gold + 2 Station All Access slots, + 3 Loyalty Doll character slots + 3 Marketplace Doll character slots.