Would old school PnP be more effective than rotation?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RandomStrategy, Sep 22, 2015.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

Forgive me if this should go into the rotation ending thread, but I vaguely remember that it might be closed...not 100% sure....and I'm kinda too lazy now to go back and check. Yeah, I said it...you'd do it too....wanna fight about it?

Anyway, I've been thinking about the rotation (I have no stake in the matter, this is just an outsiders view looking in). Would a return to the old school PnP be more effective? As in:

First in Force gets their shot first/kill (assuming they kill the raid mob).

No KS'ing/charming/whatever people are doing now (also, respecting camps, but that's just me.....).

Other stuff that was in the old school policy (mostly general "Don't be a giant ****"). Sure, it'd take some more GM intervention to answer complaints....but...what if they actually had guides answer these freaking calls and then bump it up to T2 like a real company does with customer support? Just a thought. If you all consider it, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Of course, there's always the argument of Classic was a kill or be killed environment....so...whatever, I suppose. I've never had a bad interaction with any of the big, big guilds, and I like to think that I'm pretty nice to everyone I can be (was trying to hunt down an Ebon War Spear for a buddy of mine, did a rez on some dude on the seafury island for no charge, of course, cause I was just passing through, and he needed one).

Also....anyone wanna let me in on their Ragefire raid to get the books for my paladin's Fiery Avenger? It's the only real block I've got. Would be mighty grateful. Also.....I just wanna go on a raid of a dragon. Never did when I played years ago (I got into it through a friend around Ykesha, I think? Maybe it was PoP....I don't really remember....it was too barren in the rest of the world to really enjoy grouping and stuff.)

Anyway, just asking what you all think. Maybe what I suggested is worthless, but then again, I'm bored at work.....so.....yeah.

Here's a kitten to make you feel better after reading all this, and hopefully make your post less angry (I'm assuming this cat is in a raid guild with that sweet armor on):

[IMG]
  2. lockjaws Augur

No, it wouldn't.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Would you elaborate, please? I'm not here to argue, I'm just interested as to why you think it wouldn't.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Old PNP requires resources they won't allocate the game, so it's moot either way.

Regardless, nice kitteh ;)
  5. Dupre_MIM Elder

TL/DR. The short answer is no. The raiding community was getting along (I'll leave it at that). That's the best they could have hoped for. I'm starting to think DBG doesn't actually stand for Day Break Games anymore.
    lockjaws likes this.
  6. Bandok Augur

First-in-Force led to some serious nonsense last go-around. Things like "Oh, this mob is now dead. /afk so we're first in force for the next spawn" And that was without the faster spawns that we have now.
    lockjaws likes this.