Worth to come back if I don't want to solo everyday ?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Venur, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Venur Lorekeeper

I'm not a fan of boxing and what I've always anjoyed in EQ was grouping. I have several 80+ toons so my question is.

Is grouping dead b4 lvl cap ? I just don't feel like soloing for months :p
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

From peraonal experience, i would say sub cap can be difficult at times, but really just a matter of how well you network, find others in your range. I would suggest utilizing the heroic char and find some other returners who are sticking with it for now, they tend to fade out.

Other things to consider, your server population and what times you and the server are active.
  3. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Join a guild with people your level, roll on TLP, or forget it.
  4. Venur Lorekeeper

But aren't they unlocking content every 12 weeks ? I'm not leveling that fast I would probably make it to lvl 40 in a month on the old server were I have every single PL items so on a noob server I guess that I would make it to 30 lol
  5. Kirab Lorekeeper

Well now would be the time to try. With everyone getting free lvl 85 boosts, there are probably some groups out there now and for the next month or so I'd guess. But once the novelty has worn off, most people will probably be back to focusing on their mains.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Cats Meow Journeyman

Totally agree with you. I see a lot of freshly boosted 85's grouping. It's like the boosted 85 is the new level "1", LOL.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Xarbokk Elder

What server do you play on?
  8. Sakuraba Augur

Most of the group content seems to occur around the 80s, I actually see a good handful of people on FV advertising during the middle of the day.

That said, progression servers tend to have the most overall grouping due to pretty much facilitating it -- specially since its older content with older gear and thus harder to run without help.
  9. Razzle Augur

The new Agnarr server that opens around the end of May or early June is a LDoN/PoP capped server that is a true box, meaning a lot more grouping than people boxing alone. You can take your time leveling up since it is a capped server, your not having have to rush to keep up with xpacs opening like live or other TLPs. Just another option.
  10. Karanthal Augur

There are plenty of people on phinny of all levels. It's not like the old days, but still enough to find groups as you level. If you want to raid you need to keep up with the levels, if not there are lots of low and mid lvl players.

Personally I swap between servers leveling up solo on AB and grouping on phinny.
  11. Truthfire Lorekeeper

It's completely dead before 85. Around 85 you might be able to get a pick-up group, but only for limited content (mind-numbing Gribble mission grinding).
  12. Paerza New Member

It would be cool if after you complete no heroism without fear and you are heroic that you would get a quest to do one gribbles and get boosted to 100 with currency to buy a nice new set. This would increase heroic value for money and bring much more people in current content (more likely to buy ecpansions etc without the needless gribbles grind).
  13. Gemini Syringes Augur

The experience grind from 85-105 keeps me from playing my 94 Druid. Without real life friends or close guildmates, trying to level on live after 85 is brutal. I look at my 4 accounts and think "Oh well." and log back on my one account on Phinny. They should double or triple experience gain pre-100.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Only way I could imagine leveling alts now is through vitality from Fellowship experience sharing.

Right now I've got 4 new heroic buff bots cooking. Once they reach "capped" in fellowship XP I put them in with my characters, turn off XP sharing for them, get them ~7 levels in a couple hours and then put them back in the oven.

If you're a level 85 heroic character who can't stand moloing, you've got to put in work to find friends to play consistently with, it certainly won't be handed to you. On the plus side you're reliving original EQ, where you're logging on and depending on others for fun. If you find you've been LFG for an hour and nobody is biting, well, that's how I remember EQ in those days!
  15. Paerza New Member

Another way to implement a boost for heroic chars is to add a quest that bumps them to the max level for each level increase expansion from the past. For example, in HoT, the quest bumps them to 90. Fot Voa, 95 after completing the group mission and paragon for tier 1. You can modify the script for the initial heroic for this. This is a more future proof way. Of course stop at the current autogrant (100 now). This will guide ppl to the expansions.
  16. Kieren New Member

Phinny is the only server that has a lot of people. :)
  17. Gundolin Augur

My now level 91 Wizard who is horribly under-geared can generally find groups for HA's and such. Although I will have to log in and solo from 5-45 minutes before I get a group.

I play on a underpopulated Rathe, late night Pacific Time.
  18. Polymnia New Member

Agnarr seems interesting from what I've read. Are there returning players on non TLP servers too, like Rather which was just mentioned ?