Worst Zone in EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Jan 31, 2020.

1. dubblestack Elder

Tofs is pretty bad for me, this will be my 4th time getting all the keys and finishing hunter in the zone, mobs still randomly agro through walls, decide they want to go down different halwayz when i pull them and some other strange behavior.
  2. Xanbar Augur

West Karana
    <yawn>
    Midasa likes this.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

AA exp is not the problem.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

You mean the mobs behave like a normal zone in EQ?
    dubblestack likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You realize what you just said, right?

AA exp is no different than regular experience. The problem you have is the fact they want the levels to take so long and greatly increased the exp needed per level, not that the exp gains from kills in ToV is too small. It is what it is.
  6. Galliana Elder

No, you got it wrong, moron, my favorite zones are HS, ST, and Chardok.

I love how everyone just jumps to assumptions without even bothering to ask a question. Not.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It can be what "it is" but it represents a pronounced and dramatic departure from 20 years of Everquest history that provided for the ability to level either through the task system or through grinding with the somewhat the same level of efficacy.
  8. Belexes ForumQuester

I am not the one complaining about easy zones. You can handle your favorite zones, but not the one you are whining about?

Be careful who you call moron, have you seen your posts and threads? The one you see is in your mirror, bright eyes.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Did they get rid of hell levels? is that something of the past that newer players have never had before?
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I totally agree. i have spawned narra 4 times (twice within 20mins) quil like 20 times lol a few days ago it spawned back to back to back. lord and named treant ive seen once havent really try to spawn them although treant i got to spawn on east but ph was all the way on the west wall and said to myself noway i can spawn it from here then pop lol (was trying to spawn synger). i havent seen synger at all and one night i spawned all but two of the hunters for sk within 4 hours so it kinda a bummer anyone have any clue's on spawning synger? thinking bout starting ros hunter least i know ill get something.

Andarriel
  11. Rhyagelle New Member

I would like to introduce you all to Erud's Crossing.

Lore? Erud crossed here when he led his people from Qeynos. And... nothing else.
    Atmosphere? It's... an island. With bugs and bats, and not much else.
    Visuals? Nope, still just an island. Nothing stands out.
    Leveling? Nah, I'll pass. Narrow level range, boring mobs.
    Questing? Barely. Drop by for a ground spawn for Staff of the Wheel, hit up a shaman epic while you're here, and check the shaman shield. Two of which didn't exist when this was made.
    Size? I think you can run zone wall to zone wall in 10 seconds.

It's really a shame that they didn't merge this into Erudin when they merged Kerra Isle into Tox.

I see a lot of people saying ToFS. And that's sad, because I really WANT to like that zone. The look and idea are cool. But every time I think about going there, I end up deciding I'd have more fun turning the computer off and staring at the blank screen for a few hours.

Gotta agree that Harbinger's Spire sucks, though. I forgot about it existing, and I DID do the monk epic.
    Annastasya likes this.
  12. haaaalp Augur

another necro thread. are you doing this on purpose? seems like it
  13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I'm gunna go with Skyshrine. Such pointless running to get anywhere. Rarely any groupage especially due to faction
  14. Whulfgar Augur

I actually wish'ed they would come up with MORE .. plane of war style zones. ToV was such a joke.. I know people (casual none raiders mind you) that were finished with the entire expansion inside of two weeks, all their alt's .. in month and a half ..

Bringing back 1 zone like PoWar would be awesome in my opinion. Loved that zone when it was current love it still..
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Anything you need special keys for.

Players sell campfire rights to and farm the spot so others can not 'experience' it.
  16. Dibab Augur

Plane of War is fantastic. If you are dying there at 115 thats on you. It was meant to be a challenge. You just have to actually know how to play the game to be in there. As far as the quests? They're done old world style. East. Did it was it was current. Merc Partisan Hunter.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i agree its a pretty boring zone. Hunter mob was boring as hell too lol.

Andarriel
  18. Diptera Augur

The new bazaar - set up in its current state (iirc) to reduce lag from all the people, then they added in the ability to hide traders anyway. Bring back the old bazaar, I loved the "marketplace" feel :)
  19. Diptera Augur

Oh, and (EoK) Chardok... hate hate hate that zone - mix of regular/undead/see invis mobs, golems with a ton of hp (usually blocking the doorway I want to get through), and multiple places where you can fall off a bridge or ledge and have to crawl back through the dungeon to get back. And throw in some choki with their odd agro mechanic.

And I still get lost there, even after completing the progression twice on different toons =/
  20. Bumkus Elder

I agree new Baz is the worst. unfortunately someone mentioned that they lost ability to bring back old version. the good news is that we don't technically have to go there anymore due to parcels. kinda sad when the best thing about a zone is that we don't have to go there.