worst expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loratex, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Xnao Augur

Loot the T1 to make T2.

Remember, a penny saved is a penny earned.
    Loratex likes this.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

Open raid the Dragons, maybe it will lead to Xegony having the first 3 guilds to beat next expansion. I've had this posted since the NDA lifted:

The first 12 North ToV dragons have to die first to attempt Vulak so they will continue to be killed. March 11th is most likely a reasonable target date for when there will be low demand from mains for the items from the first 12 Dragons and the point that I'd rather have someone request the NToV instance on Monday and/or Tuesday with some or all of the first 12 Dragons locked out.

Since you cleared Sepulcher 8 months before my guild entered it you don't even had to wait until March to reach that status and have a far larger pool of players who will be interested in filling out the raids. At the very least it just takes 1 raid spot so both you and MS only have to clear ToV once each for 2 Vulak kills.
  3. Mellifleur Augur

At least, in my opinion, defeating the raids does not entail "beating" an expansion.
    Have you done all the quests ?
    Have you explored and found out some of the lore ?
    Have you found any interesting subplots or items or quests ? There are a few.
    Have you went out and grouped with someone else that does not have the same guild tag as you and experienced some things you haven't before ?
    Have you gotten all your spells and abilities ? gear ?

Plowing to 100 in some ill-conceived race ( which RaF made it pointless ) and winning raids does not entail "winning" an expansion to everyone.

If that is how you wish to view your Everquest experience, then that is your 14.99 so who am I to argue.

But there is definitely more to Everquest than just raiding.
    yaddab likes this.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Yea that's all eq actually ment to me. Beating the raids (server first not serverwide) and grinding. Maybe I'm one of the few who love to sit there and just killing things non stop, but now its not even worth it... 11 percent towards AA in chapter house with a full group and 40 percent solo in tree zone... From a mob with almost a mil hp. Sounds great... Best exp in this expan sad to say is CoB. After doing majority of the partisans tasks I can say there isn't even a reason to go back to RoF zones. The best Aug in the expansion even comes from the first Npc you see in shards which you can actually buy all the components for 100k... It's sad it really is.
  5. Luft Elder

11% a kill in chapterhouse? What are you smoking.

It's 17% a kill or more in Breeding Grounds and with an insanely high dps group we never run out of mobs because there's so many. By insanely high I mean we're killing things within 10 seconds. Obviously you're jaded about the expansion and are downplaying it to horrific levels, that's fine. But City of Bronze was far from the best XP during VOA and it is definitely not the best xp in RoF. Don't even pretend that it was or is now. The best aug in the expansion doesn't come from the first npc you see in shards landing, that's subjective anyway. I'm going to assume you're a shadowknight also and just correct you. Yes, that aug is a good aug but it's not the best in the expansion, yet alone the game for shadowknights.

I don't know, maybe you just have really bad groups or something. Best of luck to you.
    Reht likes this.
  6. Hatsee Augur

But his avatar is that of an SK I think, everyone knows your avatar is what class you play.
  7. Neodraykl Elder

Just throwing my hat in the "great expansion" circle. Maybe it's the return to SoV, but I'm loving it so far. The quests are fun (and rewarding,) and the overall story is pretty neat as well.
  8. Xnao Augur

Would be best expansion if the missing necro spells were not being swept under the rug.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  9. Luft Elder

his avatar is that of a necro thing, teach me to glance at things.
    you clever int caster thing, you, hatsee.
    honestly though, transpose things and what I said is still probably at least 95% accurate.
  10. Falos Augur

I'm anxious to see what people think of some of the extra quests slipped in, expansion has been out for a few weeks i'm sure the second batch of people discovering the puppet quest will start popping up soon enough.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  11. Forever New Member

RoF is a very good expansion. Love the fact SOE decided to incorporate some old zones in this new expansion. So far the quests and tasks have been real fun. I really like the design and it's nuts to see 70 ppl in a zone again. I do agree with some of the consensus in here, but this is where they try to implement what was asked for, as Hatsee and Langya said, and it sounded better on paper than in reality. Agree on the T1 gear/loot...well, the ALL/ALL and dropping from trash mobs is half the problem, it cheapens the need/desire so why waste any time on it.

Also the double edged sword is the need for beta is also what shortens the life of the expansion. I don't do beta for that reason, as I like to go into an expansion fresh and explore top to bottom.

And lastly, Loratex....really? Because of nimrods, SOE got stupid and handed out super crazy fast exp. Todays EQ is absurd in the amount of exp you get. The one thing I truly groan on about the game is how easy it is to level and blow through to max lvl and 10K AAs. 2500 aa super ultra bonus AA exp wasn't enough for crybabies, SOE had to raise it to 4500.
  12. CaptAmazing Augur

What puppet quest?
  13. Nenton Augur

I don't know about "worst" expansion and it might not even be a "bad" expansion if there is delayed released content but as it launched, RoF is incredibly light and calling it lacking isn't out of line.

While Chandrok did fix the stats on group gear, the gains are too small to make a difference which makes the content too easy as T2 is doable in VoA gear. Well, the content that isn't raids smashed into tiny group mission bottles is too easy but they showed in VoA that they have no intention of getting the raid to group conversion tuned even remotely right so that's not surprising.

After the HoT experience nerfs, it's downright schizophrenic how much they sped up experience gains with RoF. Awarding massive amounts of level experience and AA's for the tiny amount of additional AA's added at launch makes no sense. When the content is gone in less than a month, then what? I'm not sticking around for months waiting to see if they'll announce Tier 3 (which has more than a negligible chance of being acquired for SC at which point I'm out anyway). February would be the absolute earliest Eli would have the new AA's ready since he's doing the IRC chats well into December and he's still not been given permission to say whether or not those are going to be included with RoF or through the marketplace. And who knows about new (and missing) spells since Aristo has no communication with the playerbase.

Yes, there are "the sky is falling" claims every expansion but this release was as bare bones as it gets (for full price no less) and the trend is only less and less every year. I'm not sure how much worse it can get but there's no way they can sell another expansion with less content than RoF. Future content will have to be DLC packages if SoE is going to continue not giving developers time and resources to make full expansion products. Either way, if they're holding T3 and plan to release it included with RoF, it would be in their best interests to disclose that before people just walk away and don't look back.
  14. Falos Augur

I don't wanna spoil it fully cause it's kind of a pain but keep an eye out for quest pieces you get from RoF zones that seemingly make no sense (like a halfling brain, or a ry'gorr orc doll.

Several tasks in RoF link to some old school zones and you have to do a fairly lengthy amount of quests but the primary end reward is a halfling puppet familiar.
  15. Nolrog Augur

LOL. Someone says this after every expansion.
  16. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Completely jaded... and suck at eq even though im lvl 100.. with only a small amount of AA left to get and only 3 raids left till my guild beats it. Yea. no they put no effort into this for something we waited a "year" to get. Cool story about your groups dps though i see how you threw that in there. I am a necro... Kiting in a new zone with lesson = a whole wopping 15 percent in 30 minutes. In cob was 40 percent in 30 minutes even at lvl 99 so yea you're completely right with what you said... (being sarcastic)
  17. doktartp Augur

Just remember they do not tune EQ goals for over achievers.
    Perhaps if every one had your dps they could adjust it, but for now, be glad you can do things so easily alone.
  18. Mellifleur Augur

lol
  19. Tegila Augur

and ppl said sk's were op'd jsut bc they were the first 100's on a lot of servers...there's no way we were getting 40% in 30minutes at 99 otw to 100. jjust nuts enough to grind it out anyway lol.

as for hte expansion i love it. jsut bc you hate quests (GEE it's called everQUEST not ever-mindless-slaughter) and think theres no reason to do anything in teh game beyond raiding and grinding...doesnt mean the rest of us should hate it. I enjoy raiding, i get most of my stuff from raids. That being said, the group game offers a ton of other things to do if you're willing ot work for it instead of whining here that theres nothignto do ..wait..what exactly did you want? faster grinding? i mean ..you dont liek questing obviously. what did you want artificial timesinks?

personally i dont like the fact that nearly every single thing i tradeable..that was a bad idea, but trash has dropped loot randomly for YEARS, that's nothing new. Quests have NEEDED more reason other htan you HAVE to, so the xp rewards was a great idea. So happy the return to personal trophies also, making individual success only work for guilds in voa was the dumbest idea ever...so...only 1 person has to do tasks per zone? taht was horrible idea.

RoF has fixed nearly every problem there was with voa and HoT, and taken most if not all of the GOOD things about both expacs and kept them or brought them back, as well as catered to teh nostalgia of htegame itself, eliminated teh deadzone black hole of t2/3 zones, eliminated being stuck on 1 raid for a month as was the issue in VoA and form any, in HoT due to extremely topheavy and bottom-lean content...RoF does it all. And to top that off it removed the crutch of emblems wehre people stopped looking at what items were best for their class and jsut picked a set and went with it.

you'd probably find a fault with anythign they put out so just..go take some xanax or soemthings and wait til next year so you can complain again.