worst expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Loratex, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

no really this is the worst expansion.
    1. All the raids have already been beaten in such a short time frame and many guild are close to beating it
    2. No good exp except for questing not even for aa's.

Im rather unhappy with it.
  2. Srin New Member

Really? From what I've read a lot people seem to love it...how much of the raiding have you done?
  3. Mykaylla Augur

If they fix and complete old broken quests, will it become the best? :D
    Loratex likes this.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

up to xorbb1.

i find myself having to do MANY quest updates 2 or 3 times before i get credit. I'm dying when i fd with out any failed,moved or no longer fd messages.
  5. Iila Augur

Are you in one of the guilds that has beaten it already? If not, why do you care that it has been beaten already. Lack of keys means guild progress as fast as they can beat raids, without being slowed by time sink constraints.

I haven't seen complaints from people in RoI or MS about beating the expansion too fast, just from people who haven't.

This is a pretty good expansion so far. Much better than I expected from such a rushed and unfinished product.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

no. I can honestly say im more then likely done with it at this point. They didnt even try im glad we got it with our Fan Faire tickets cause honestly if i paid for this expansion I would never buy another thing made by this company. After all these years of grouping/soloing/raiding i can honestly say this is probably it for me.
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

exactly its unfinished and thats just poor. An expansions should not be beaten less then 14 days of release. we arent that far from beating it. Probably would have if we didnt only raid 3 days a week
  8. Hatsee Augur

Xorbb 1 is the worst raid in the expansion, you are far from beating it.

However this is all due to keys, I don't know if VoA would have been cleared as fast given the few hard raids there but something like HoT probably would have been done within nearly the same amount of time, barring bugs.
  9. Mary Poppins Augur

There are a lot of good things in this expansion - enough to where I wouldn't consider it even close to being the worst ever. However, you're entitled to your opinion, and you do bring up some legitimate points.

As far as the lack of keys, I always felt guilds should be limited by what they can do because of the challenge presented by the events, not by some artificial time sink. At least this is how I feel in theory - perhaps we're seeing that this doesn't work so well in reality, as having the expansion beat in one week was pretty extreme. Raiding is not my area, though, so that's up to you guys to decide how this affected your overall experience with the expansion. As Iila mentioned, I haven't seen too many complaints yet regarding that mechanic being removed.
  10. Trajet D'Or Augur

Raids have 3 possible states:

1) Bugged
    2) Beaten
    3) Unaccessible

If RoI can't beat the raid once they have access and it's not bugged what do you think they can possibly do to meaningfully improve?

You think farming some Rk.3 spells and T2 gear makes a big difference? There are marginal power gains in expansions other than levelling and a few specific AA.

Thanks for Beta testing the expansion RoI and MS, please Beta test T3 raids promptly so my guild encounters no bugs when we do those events.

If Keys/Books would make you happier that's nice, this expansion the Devs decided not to implement any flagging bottleneck that involves beating raids for the first time since The Buried Sea.

If you're not getting good XP the problem exists between keyboard and chair.
  11. Falos Augur

This expansion is wayyyyy better than alaris was imo.

Difficulty isnt really a factor, alaris was easy too with a few exceptions. I'm sure alaris would have been beaten almost as fast if flagging had been removed. There is one named mob and a couple missions + 2 raids in this expansion that are a challenge I suppose but despite the overall ease of the expansion I still think it is way better than alaris was.

There are several quests in RoF atm that have not even been officially discovered by the masses so that should be interesting once people find those.
  12. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

keys isnt our problem lol. we really only raid tuesday thursday and sunday. im not complaining about that raid. im complaining about the others being to easy
  13. Dr Dice Elder

I love ROF when not raiding. Guild has only tried one ROF raid event so far. I do admit some of the named are a bit to easy.
  14. Langya Augur

Only concern is people getting bored. What will make RoF a real winner or total loser is how much time before T3 gets released and if we have to pay for it. Granted, people will complain but still part with the ducats even if they do charge. Otherwise, most guilds will not be able to just give all the raids a swift kick in the junk and a chest spawns. The usual suspects will, that being the top 5 elite, but that is what they do. For them it is going to be Christmas morning every raid night until they get sick of egg nog and rum balls. For everyone else, it will take a while to get everything on farm.
  15. savrin Augur

RoF group is pretty good. Raids I have not done much of but they seem a lot better than alaris just like the group game is.
  16. Hatsee Augur

Keys are the problem.

With them you'd have done 3 events, then grinded out levels and such, and in a month you'd hit T2.

Being able to do all of T1, then T2 within a week makes the expansion seem small.
  17. Langya Augur

Is that good or bad? Didn't people want to "cut out the middle man"? There probably have been plenty of times when people wanted to skip all the BS of keying/tiers and jump right to the farming the current endgame right out of the chute. RoF is probably as close as any expansion has ever come to doing just that.
  18. Hatsee Augur

Yes but was that a good thing?

I don't hate keys necessarily, I hated the books, I hate a lack of back flags, but keys? Meh, they'd been in this game and a part of raids for as long as I can recall, without going back to decade old content or worse I mean.
  19. Langya Augur

Purely subjective.
    If you don't care about the lore or the journey/accomplishment to get to the endzone in favor of just getting right to the phat lewts and gearing up multiple alts just to keep people engaged, than it is a good thing. If you care more about the journey than the destination than prepare to be bored. Then it becomes just a loot pursuit like Diablo III where there is very little substance past that. Hadsee, the thing is, most players will not have that problem where is you might. People in your tier of play might have more concerns about a lack of depth compared to the typical casual or even mid tier who will still have plenty of wipe nights in RoF as well as raid days spent besting VoA.
  20. Atvar Augur

The worst part of the expansion is how much time its just for rot loot. With T2 gear available day 1, there's little point in getting T1 loot. I'm ready to drop all T1 raids except clue(because...CLUE!!!), but we need spells. NToV takes 3.5 hours of clearing trash dragons just for Vulak.