Worst Camps in Classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arog, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Arog Augur

What are the worst camps you can think of for classic in terms of camp time and or rarity of spawn? I would imagine it would be anything to do with epics but epic didn't come out until Kunark. But I know there are things that you can camp in classic and get prior to Kunark for the epics. This isn't just limited to epic though.

Personally I have only seen Grizleknot and the Pegasus, Quillmane, once but I know there's post out there how to make them spawn so don't think they will make the top 10. I personally have never seen Lockjaw but see lots of Glowing wooden crooks out on Aradune already so don't think he will be up there either. What do you all think?
  2. Kiaro Augur

Grimrot.
    Gynok Molkor
    Shin Lord
    Grazhak
    Swirlspine Patriarch
    Undertow
    BlingBling likes this.
  3. Arog Augur

That's a good start. Only heard of two of those. Grimrot killed me years ago lol.
  4. Darafel Journeyman

Bilge Farfathom. Guy Thistlebrush(?). Had trouble with those two.

I remember camping Quillmane, and jumping in the well/pool that one of the bard npcs stood around in the northern part of the zone. I got stuck, couldn't get back out of the thing, and then Quillmane spawned and sautered on by as I just watched in dismay.

Oh, and I actually was killing Ancient Cyclops in ro when terrorantula aggroed me from behind. This was a long time after classic era however, but still one of those cool moments you just remember.
    niente likes this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

For actual named:
    Any particular named out of Gorge of King Xorbb
    Narra Tanith

For just generally crappy to camp on TLPs:
    Ancient Cyclops (OOT)
    Verina Tomb
  6. Zansobar Augur

I didn't see the Shin Lord being that big of an issue, and Undertow can spawn in AoC instances so that shouldn't be much of an issue anymore.

The biggest one is probably Broken Golem for the Wiz Epic...can only spawn in OW.
  7. Manafasto Augur

Raster /end thread
  8. modsiw Augur

Pretty much all of the Blued Two-Handed Hammer quest.
  9. Gynek Lorekeeper

Definitely Grimrot.
  10. Kiaro Augur

Raster is fine if you know his spawn window and adjust for the faster repops on TLPs :D
  11. Arrk Augur

The only real answer is Grimrot... and that is because anyone can total screw the cycle up by killing the PH when you don't want to

The SK pattern mobs are easy.... Quillmane, Grizzleknot, etc... all are so simple if you know what you are doing.

Shellara Ebbhunter in Kedge is one of the rarest mobs in the game because, she is a rare pop, and is in a zone very few people visit. No one camps her except a rare MNK trying to get her mask.
  12. Boze TLP complaint factory

Probably King Xorbb because no one's figured out his cycle. Almost everything else people at least know how the spawn works, regardless of how bad or how low chance spawn it is. AFAIK there's no science on Xorbb yet.
  13. KimchiGoddess Augur

Has no one really figured out Xorbb's cycle after all this time?
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I had forced myself to forget Shellara. In the 3 times I've done kedge hunter she always took WAY longer than everything else combined.
  15. Jaime Lannister Augur

Having done every camp there is to do in classic. It's Bilge and Xorbb.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

Zam reads as a lot of luck and mass slaughtering. The P99 wiki has a strategy on it but having tried it I'm not so sure it works on live/tlp.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  17. Dirgenoobforrealzzzz New Member

Petrifin.

Think I have seen 3 bracers being sold and they go for 2kr .. :rolleyes:
  18. ForumBoss Augur

Miragul? Dunedigger?
  19. GNOME_POWER Augur

20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I made this :)

There's another thread for the later eras as well (with some info like Field of Bone named spawn advice buried in it). If you've never done the hunter achievements I would actually recommend them for those trying to find something to do to pass time between expansions, just know that there is no real tangible reward aside from the loot you get from the named creatures. Maybe someday though...