Wizards: I see none, what's the scoop?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Xerzist, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Leerah Augur

Big Booms are the only reason to play wizards!
    I turn on spell effects just to see a chunk of ice fall on a mob's head!

2. Leerah Augur

Oh there you are! Didn't find any posts by you. Surely, you have an opinion on DPS balance!

3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's literally like 6 posts above this one.
  4. Leerah Augur

Yep. Weird thing is your name didn't show up on Poster Search.
  5. Leerah Augur

This ^ Right now Triton's recruitment post says:
    Bard
    High
    Beastlord
    High
    Berserker
    Medium
    Monk
    Medium
    Rogue
    Medium

Haven't seen a "high need" post for a wizard for years. I suspect if you check your own server's raid guilds, you'll see the same thing.
    If wizards aren't needed for raids, the devs need to answer "why."

Should we all switch to bards?
  6. Szilent Augur

that, or Triton has an officer and four main members already playing wizards. Axxius, Alkerionn, Cimbaeth, Pelman, and Aareliel. Until you shank or poison four of those, probably they're just not needing to recruit on that class.

also, this. yes please. do this.
  7. Vizier Augur

They boosted mages as much as Wizards, so Mages > Wiz right now. Still, if you look at it in a vacuum they did boost Wizards by enough that we should feel a lot better playing the game so I guess it's still a win.
  8. Leerah Augur

I don't know how to play a bard!
  9. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

You missed 4. Clerics
    menown likes this.
  10. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

One of the big problems is that wizards CAN hit the high numbers theoretically. They almost never will hit those numbers however because their damage is all tied up in low percentage chances of things going off that the player has zero control over and that there is no way to increase the chance for. I have tripple and quad procced Arcane Fusion and dropped some HP's on some mobs but the hcances for that are so low that I need several days of trying just to have it happen once. On average not letting my spell gems pop up throwing my rotation out and a chain-pulling group I can normally see 1 proc of AF every 12-17 fights normally. Occasionally I will see a double. The thing can't proc off our AA nukes either nor our proc nukes from our staff (or other sympathetic). My frantic castings go something like this.
    Vortex-will-ethereal multinuke-frost-Instanuke-flame-claw-ethereal single-will-instanuke
    repeating hte beetween will frost and flame when they are up and at a pace that actually increases my heart rate spamming key presses so as not to lose even a fraction of a second and it takes that many fights for a single proc of something you need at least 2 per fight of to do more than under autoattack damage for a melee DPS. It seems as though they are so afraid of giving wizards too much that they follow the policy of give them nothing for even the chance they will break the game. DPS should never be so heavily reliant on rare procs that average less than once a fight not to mention all the other procs wizards are so reliant on and re-tuning the wizard could have started already slowly. Here's something that will help but not be a huge impact as it is, allow AF to proc on all our DD stuff including twincasted nukes, procced sympathetic nukes and force of X nukes, rain nukes etc. that can increase chances to proc . another thing we could use is give all our force of X the force of will cooldown and FFS they were fine with no mana cost.
    Waitwhat likes this.