Wizards Familiar

Discussion in 'Casters' started by CrazyLarth, May 15, 2013.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

Wizards Familiar and leveling up:

I am a Wiz lvl 90 still trying to get min aa and level up... not raiding yet.. i am thinking of raiding at level 95 and once i get 3k AA's the current min

I basicly tried to follow a basic approch to get min AA as I level as i got tired of getting AA's at lower level.
    So I went with Fire only to level up,

I am now kicking my self for not going the Improved Familiar line.
    The main reason i went with fire at the time I only saw a mana per tic on the Fire and not the Improved Familiar line.

Ro's Fiery Blessing 1/1 - DONE
    Ro's Flaming Familiar 5/5
    DONE 42 DONE

Druzzil's Mystical Blessing 0/1 2
    Druzzil's Mystical Familiar 1/5 12,12,9,9,9
    so need 42 to finish these two

E'ci's Icy Blessing 0/1 2
    E'ci's Icy Familiar 1/5 12,12,9,9,9
    so need 42 to finish these two

Kerafyrm's Favor 0/3 2,2,2
    Kerafyrm's Prismatic Familiar 0/3 3
    so need 9 to finish these two
    total 135 and need 93 more to 90 lvl cap

or

Improved Familiar 2/8 12,12,12,12
    so need 48 to finish this to 90 lvl cap

notes about Lucy - http://lucy.allakhazam.com
    Ro's Fiery Blessing - lucy has no info what this does?
    Druzzil's Mystical Blessing - lucy has no info what this does?
    E'ci's Icy Blessing - lucy has no info what this does?
    Improved Familiar - lucy has all slot 4 incorrect i think? they not all 100%
    -Improved Familiar (All Version) slot 4: Increase Spell Critical Direct Damage by 100%

Do I need to keep Ro's Flaming Familiar 5/5 up to get the benifit or does that AA Ro's Fiery Blessing give give me the mana per tick and all other stuff the focus is <= 85?

Does the Improved Familiar line up does it have a mana per Tick? is lucy correct?

At what point should i get the upgrades
    1. Skip any upgrade and level to 100?
    2. Get Improved Familiar then level to 95 and then get Kerafyrm's Favor for 95 to 100?
    3. Get Improved Familiar then level to 100 and then get Kerafyrm's Favor?
    4. Get Kerafyrm's Favor now and then level up?
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) The mana regen on the familiars is insignificant.
    2) The Elemental familiars cap at level 85 spells.
    3) You need to buy the Elemental familiars to buy the blessings.
    4) The Blessing do nothing except unlock Kerafyrm's which is the combined elemental.
    5) Kerafyrm's is better than Improved under most situations. (Unless you have a bard in group).
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. Get Kerafyrm's Favor now and then level up
    ok so going to bite the bullit and get Kerafyrm and then i wont have to worry about it any more.
    Thanks
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No problem. Needing to bu -all- the previous familiars before we are allowed to buy Kerafyrm's was the price we had to pay to -get- Kerafyrm's in the first place.
  5. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Am I right in seeing the Kerafyrm's fam is for instant cast spells only? So with elemental familiars not working past 85, are there no familiar enhancements on longer casting spells over 85? Thanks
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Instant means not a DoT, it is not referring to the cast time.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

8. Axxius Augur

That description on Kera familiar needs to be rephrased. I bump into wizards who think that it only applies to insta-nukes almost every week. This is seriously bad and misleading:

The term 'instant-cast' is 100% associated with instant nukes (Flashsear, etc. 0 cast time) for wizards. I dare the devs to find a wizard who would think that 'instant-cast' means anything other than that (without knowing about this particular case). Wizards don't have DoTs, and this desc only applies to wizard AA, so there is no need to use the term 'instant-cast' here.

Proposed change: "Spawns a familiar, which increases damage by thirty to sixty percent for all wizard detrimental spells level 100 and below".
    Reht, -----Cinexa----- and Xikteny like this.
  9. Xikteny Augur

+1
    The description on the Prismatic is highly misleading. It confused me until someone informed me what it truly meant, and I in turn have run into quite a few Wizards who were similarly confused by it.