Wizard usefulness

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Wizzy115, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Topping a 5 minute parse without even having to change spellsets.

Everybody is jealous of something. That's my thing.
  2. Szilent Augur

watch the VOD? he swaps spells.

NEXT
  3. Marton Augur

I assume Ravanta meant necros have to constantly swap.

Kiz swapped once in this entire event.
  4. Szilent Augur

I assume Ravanta is sustaining over a million dps indefinitely under similar conditions. The sniping at a good parse is in bad faith.
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Who is sniping? I certainly don't think I was sniping. Sure, I'm guilty of watching the video at double speed and surely missed the swap as a result.

My original post, before I modified it was basically just a complaint-fest, commenting how spell lag on raids is a thing, but the increased amount of time it takes to swap spells during this lag has been infuriating me lately. There's not a single relevant raid I can truly cut loose on right now, and unless something changes from how they were in beta, that won't change in ToV.

It's always been a thing, but for all of the reasons that Sancus perfectly described...the current and prospective state of things in EQ is pretty lousy (sigh profanity filter) and I might be lashing out. Sorry Kizant.
    Sancus and Szilent like this.
  6. kizant Augur

I've avoided this thread cause I think it's too early too tell much of anything. I need my new armor focuses, raid upgrades to the luminous restless ice aug, rank 3s, type 3 augs, and these new proc augs they're adding to the game. Lingering cry was just fixed yesterday and I've been too lazy to get myself some new restless focus potions. It's also no secret that we benefit more from procs than most other classes so those new augs could have a big impact on us.

Also, it looks like our raid DPS has increased a good amount so it's hard to compare Aalishai today against what is in my video. However, here's what I got yesterday and a screenshot from the video at about the same time:

Seneschal Radiant Propensity in 130s, 4.55B Damage @34.98M, 7. Kizant = 178.35M@1.44M in 124s {GM}

VS

[IMG]

You can see that's about a 36% increase which is in line with my estimates from beta given that I'm still lacking all the things I called out above. I will also say that I was only 5% behind the #3 person on my new parse so it's not that big of a difference. I wasn't planning for it to be so quick and I ended up hitting glyph late and making some other mistakes. With a few small changes I could have easily got into the top 5. I only needed 2% more to do that.

Plus it may be odd but I found that during ToV that I did best in the 2 to 5 minute range. Early on I tend to get beat by melee and later on I tend to lose to mages and DoT classes. So, if this went on for another minute I imagine I'd have started to move up the list.
    Micaiah, Alarya and Sancus like this.